Next Newcastle manager | Page 14 | Vital Football

Next Newcastle manager

I think people rated Rafa because he was at least in theory the only thing about the club which could be described as "world class". He gave a little bit of pride and hope back. Despite the shite signings and boring football. But in truth he didn't stand up to Ashley at all. Didn't call him out, just collected his big pay cheque and toed the party line. Didn't leave until his contract ran out and (this is the crucual bit) he had an offer to double his money elsewhere. Be in no doubt, if the Chinese hadn't come in he would still be at SJP, begging for Rondon and blocking JoeLinton (or whoever Ashley wants to bring in as the next big sell on paycheck) because experienced players make for an easy life.

I would love to be wrong in everything I say Mac as that would give us hope of getting the club back.We all have limits on what we can put up with but the match going fan takes it up the arse time and time again off Ashley and goes back for more.
Benitez a hero,was it not just an excuse to attend.

There may be more to look back at. For a start, Rafa has never terminated a contract early. I am biased, having suggested him as a Newcastle manager on 9th Jan 2016, as far as I can tell, the first to do so. When Rafa signed, the squad included around £75million in signings the previous summer.

Looking further back, I and probably others have written about even though we want Ashley out, his and our interests should overlap. If NUFC is successful, Ashley can get a better price for it.

When I was looking back for something else, I also stumbled across a thread on this board from September when Rafa had been offered a contract extension. funnily enough, I had predicted on 26th August 2018 that this would be Rafa's last season, even though I got the wrong league for him to go to and was 25% out on his wage.

What changed? From £75 million in a summer window, Ashley publicly made the promise of "every last penny". From words to action, Ashley took £33 million out of the club instead. Rafa's contact book led him to making do with loan signings and sub optimal players like Joselu, Gamez and so on.

In my view, Ashley shot himself and asset value in the foot (if you can do that to asset value but it was a metaphor).

As someone who has worked up to the wire in my all too many redundancies, I can understand seeing out his contract. I could have done gardening leave but then there are other parts to reputation. Even if the employer has turned out to be crap, it doesn't mean that customers or supporters should be the victim. Maybe Rafa and I are both barking mad.

As most know I wasn't a fan of Benitez or his style of football but comparing his credentials, man management skills or anything for that matter, to Alan pardew is fucking ridiculous. I'm Not referring to both of them under Ashley, I'm speaking generally. Even outside of football, pardew is a fucking self obsessed weasel. What do people expect of Benitez? To walk before his contract? Ffs catch a grip. He would probably get stick for that too. I'm glad he left in the circumstances he did, fucking Ashley over and taking every penny off the fat ****.

As most know I wasn't a fan of Benitez or his style of football but comparing his credentials, man management skills or anything for that matter, to Alan pardew is fucking ridiculous. I'm Not referring to both of them under Ashley, I'm speaking generally.

The comparison with Pardew and Benitez has to be with regards to Ashley RZA that's the whole point of the debate.

The self obsessed Benitez fannies can have the who's best debate among themselves as i'm sure anyone with half a brain would give a shit about either of them.

The self obsessed Benitez fannies can have the who's best debate among themselves as i'm sure anyone with half a brain would give a shit about either of them.

I posted on here consistently saying I hope Benitez walks at the end of his contract, I gave him stick almost every week with his tactics and general style of play. But one thing I can assure you of, for all his flaws, Benitez actually cared about the club, he tried to expand the training ground and repair that fuckin mess of a stadium, it wasn't all self obsession. Do you think pardew gave a fuck about anyone only himself? I'm not a Benitez fan but your debate is pretty fucking ridiculous that's all I'm saying.

The point was he's paid his way, whether the fat man takes it or not is another matter

For all the rhetoric about Benitez, he did his job as Manager

I posted on here consistently saying I hope Benitez walks at the end of his contract, I gave him stick almost every week with his tactics and general style of play. But one thing I can assure you of, for all his flaws, Benitez actually cared about the club, he tried to expand the training ground and repair that fuckin mess of a stadium, it wasn't all self obsession. Do you think pardew gave a fuck about anyone only himself? I'm not a Benitez fan but your debate is pretty fucking ridiculous that's all I'm saying.
Your'e the one on about why Benitez is better than Pardew Raza.
that's what's really ridiculous.

I really don't care,
why do you ?
They both worked for Ashley ,they both took our clubs cash,so in my book it's like asking is faeces better than shit.

What I care about is NUFC which is the crux of my debate.
A load of fannies going on about which of Ashley's ex employees is better while our club is being ruined is fucking gash man.

Statistically silverware won in their careers Benitez is miles better than any manager we've ever had bar Robson, but as I've stated from the very start Benitez style of football was shocking to watch, and I'm not fussed like others he's gone.

I'm more bothered about fatty still being the owner, until he's gone it doesn't matter who's manager.

I really don't care,
why do you ?
They both worked for Ashley ,they both took our clubs cash,so in my book it's like asking is faeces better than shit.

There's where we differ. In my mind it's Mike Ashleys cash, in your mind it's the club's. Ashley owns the club. The money is his so I have nothing personal against anyone taking it off him. Fair fucks to them

There's where we differ. In my mind it's Mike Ashleys cash, in your mind it's the club's. Ashley owns the club. The money is his so I have nothing personal against anyone taking it off him. Fair fucks to them
Eh ?
So the Sky football money Ashley is stealing through sly accounting from the club is fair game for unscrupulous footballer managers to fill their pockets with ?
Doesn't that contradict the idea that Benitez cared for the club ?

Statistically silverware won in their careers Benitez is miles better than any manager we've ever had bar Robson, but as I've stated from the very start Benitez style of football was shocking to watch, and I'm not fussed like others he's gone.

I'm more bothered about fatty still being the owner, until he's gone it doesn't matter who's manager.
For some strange reason quite a few still don't get it.
Ashley chose well, when it comes to football stupidity is in our nature.

Welcome to another shit day supporting The Toon. I wonder what gems Bishop and Barnes can wangle into the press today to deflect attention from the absolute gross negligence being inflicted upon the 19th richest club in the world.

Would not surprise me if they see how the youngsters do in China and then day they are like new signings.
Absolute mess, no point comparing Managers, have to move on and hope against hope that Ashley clears off. Until he does it will be Ashley, Charnley, Barnes and Bishop, who have not a clue about football, continuing to run the circus and making a mockery of the club whilst coining it in.
Unbelievable no signings, no Manager and no hope.

Welcome to another shit day supporting The Toon. I wonder what gems Bishop and Barnes can wangle into the press today to deflect attention from the absolute gross negligence being inflicted upon the 19th richest club in the world.

Peter Kenyon has resurfaced!

Oh the joys of Shite Direct Untied (nothing United about it). Whole thing is tedious and boring, nothing new is being said that wasnt said 10 years ago. Only an extra 12000 mugs have finally cottoned on.

Support the team not the regime! Baaaaa