Next Manager/Head Coach Discussion | Page 73 | Vital Football

Next Manager/Head Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarina Wiegman has been on TV saying things which if true, effectively rule her out.
Aw, you mean we're not going to be only the second club, after trailblazers Village Green, to appoint a female head coach. We're just not a progressive club like them. Shame, as I'm sure this one would have been in post for more than three weeks.

Hmm does show how much notice to take of bookies list when I just checked and Graham Alexander is on the list.

I tell you what all the talk about our new manager a lot of you on here are very knowledgeable and would do a very good job lol

I see from the random poll on this topic you have 14 likes so far, very unusual to get so many in a response, I just have a feeling we will be disappointed , I really hope I am wrong !
I have to think if it was going to be them it would have been done by now, unless there’s some heavy negotiations on the package

I see from the random poll on this topic you have 14 likes so far, very unusual to get so many in a response, I just have a feeling we will be disappointed , I really hope I am wrong !
I think you would all be ecstatic for about 3 weeks and then reality would hit.

Let's look forward.....Danny Cowley was the right man at the right time...in 2016....

I am looking forward to the right man for 2024.

I will be disappointed if the board think that we are no further forward than we were then.

Let's look forward.....Danny Cowley was the right man at the right time...in 2016....

I will be disappointed if the board think that we are no further forward than we were then.
Not sure what the reality is that you think would hit after 3 weeks Chimpimp?

My reality is that this is the 58th season I've been watching the Imps. In that time I've seen 6 promotions (Graham Taylor, Murph x 2, Shane Westley, Danny Cowley x 2) and 7 play off seasons (Big Keith x 4, Schoey, Danny Cowley, Michael Appleton). So 13 out of 58 seasons resulting in a promotion of play off attempt at promotion.

Danny Cowley's record of promotion or play offs was 3 in 3 seasons, i.e. 100%, plus an incredible run to the FA Cup quarter finals, as a non-league club, that may never be repeated by any club.

I'm not expecting that they could come in and 3 weeks later we would be heading to promotion or the play offs again. But what I would expect is that those two guys (because Nicky is as much a part of their success as Danny) would throw themselves back into the job with the dedication and enthusiasm that they showed before. Their interaction with the fans was second to none. They are highly intelligent guys who must have learnt so much more from their experience at Huddersfield and Portsmouth (neither of which were failures in my eyes) and who would inspire, adapt and change as necessary to keep our club moving in the right direction.

I was absolutely gutted when they left because I really believed they could take us to the Championship. I still do and I'll be equally gutted if they aren't given the opportunity to continue what they started at Sincil Bank. In fact I'll probably be even more gutted because the timing of us needing a new manager (head coach!) may never again coincide with them being out of work and feeling that they'd like to return to Sincil Bank.

Why does everybody think that the Danny and Nicky are interested in coming back? If there was a will for this to happen on both sides, it would have happened three weeks ago.
it took them 3 weeks to go through the process I assume having people apply and direct approach - also who is interviewing is it UK based people or SA/USA based? Do they then have to convene a meeting to ratify this decision? Presumably they then have to discuss and agree terms? This then needs to be formalised and put pen to paper. Not a swift process I would imagine.

Not sure what the reality is that you think would hit after 3 weeks Chimpimp?

My reality is that this is the 58th season I've been watching the Imps. In that time I've seen 6 promotions (Graham Taylor, Murph x 2, Shane Westley, Danny Cowley x 2) and 7 play off seasons (Big Keith x 4, Schoey, Danny Cowley, Michael Appleton). So 13 out of 58 seasons resulting in a promotion of play off attempt at promotion.

Danny Cowley's record of promotion or play offs was 3 in 3 seasons, i.e. 100%, plus an incredible run to the FA Cup quarter finals, as a non-league club, that may never be repeated by any club.

I'm not expecting that they could come in and 3 weeks later we would be heading to promotion or the play offs again. But what I would expect is that those two guys (because Nicky is as much a part of their success as Danny) would throw themselves back into the job with the dedication and enthusiasm that they showed before. Their interaction with the fans was second to none. They are highly intelligent guys who must have learnt so much more from their experience at Huddersfield and Portsmouth (neither of which were failures in my eyes) and who would inspire, adapt and change as necessary to keep our club moving in the right direction.

I was absolutely gutted when they left because I really believed they could take us to the Championship. I still do and I'll be equally gutted if they aren't given the opportunity to continue what they started at Sincil Bank. In fact I'll probably be even more gutted because the timing of us needing a new manager (head coach!) may never again coincide with them being out of work and feeling that they'd like to return to Sincil Bank.
They achieved great success here ....until we got to L1

They were absolutely right for the job here at the time.

My recollections of the last few months here were complaints about watering pitches, budgets, not consolidating, boos after a 3-0 defeat against Colchester as we won L2 and tetchy interviews with Rob Make peace ... they left Huddersfield on difficult terms, I think and the medical department at Portsmouth sound less than impressed with them.

That is a warts and all view...

Yes, I think they "were" brilliant for us....but I can see lots of scope for a repeat not happening

In fact a repeat can't happen because we aren't starting from the same point.

I just think that there may well be better choices

Chimp, I’ve just remembered you defended Kennedy to the hilt and you thought he was a good manager till the day he was booted out. I take it that you not liking DC is a good omen

They achieved great success here ....until we got to L1

They were absolutely right for the job here at the time.

My recollections of the last few months here were complaints about watering pitches, budgets, not consolidating, boos after a 3-0 defeat against Colchester as we won L2 and tetchy interviews with Rob Make peace ... they left Huddersfield on difficult terms, I think and the medical department at Portsmouth sound less than impressed with them.

That is a warts and all view...

Yes, I think they "were" brilliant for us....but I can see lots of scope for a repeat not happening

In fact a repeat can't happen because we aren't starting from the same point.

I just think that there may well be better choices
I think the Cowleys have made a terrible mistake in turning down Bradford City. If it was for family reasons and the brothers really don't want to work away from their families then fair enough, though surely they must accept living away from home comes with the careers they've chosen. There are very few clubs within commuting distance of Portsmouth.

But if Danny and Nicky are interested in the Lincoln job how does the "family reasons" argument stand? I believe the brothers are fully capable of managing successfully in League One but the one long-term time they've done so ended in failure. It would surely have been better to take a big club in League Two and take them up to League One and build from there.

But if the Cowleys are going to take a League One job then I'd rather it was Lincoln City than any other club.

Status
Not open for further replies.