Next Manager/Head Coach Discussion | Page 45 | Vital Football

Next Manager/Head Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appleton got the balance reasonably right in the play-off season, though we always struggled to break down defensively minded sides at SB. Jackson at CB then, of course.

Although Montsma (very good on the ball) or Walsh (also pretty good and left sided) probably helped next to him?

Definitely not writing off the ability of Jackson or someone to play in a team who plays out the back more but it feels like since then we've recruited more solid strong players than ball players (and from the way MK kept talking about Jackson etc that was a conscious recruitment decision).

I agree though, that was a good balance of footballers and pragmatism, good on the break, didn't concede loads and not a soft touch. Compared to 21/22 where we tried to be better at breaking down teams I think with lots of twiddly midfielders/attackers signed but it didn't work.

Talking to someone at the match Tuesday who always claims to be itk said since the US investors became more involved things have tightened up considerably .
Makes sense, after all as per the comments re Bradford U turn, did that not happen to us with Bradley first time round? Hence why I’d not be sure about him this time round either?

Be a bit disappointed if not.
The Irish season will have finished , with that mind will the directors box be worth keeping an eye on tomorrow 😉

Appointing a manager from the Irish League worries me.

Those on here who are familiar with the league say it's generally about Conference standard, with a couple of better sides? So a poor version of the Scottish Premiership? Happy to be corrected on that.

Coming in mid season, with the frequency and intensity of games, that's not a good starting point for a new manager / head coach to come in and get up to speed. Duff at least knows the English game but Bradley would feel a gamble. Either might be able to talk the talk, but walking the walk will require big strides which may be beyond them and lead into relegation territory.

It is beginning to look like we are waiting for someone, unless the interviews are taking an unusually long time. That would certainly suggest Ireland.

It is beginning to look like we are waiting for someone, unless the interviews are taking an unusually long time. That would certainly suggest Ireland.
any out of work managers on the short list may well have had interviews.
Can we even contact any short list candidates while they are still under contract? Would apply to any Irish connection, or someone like Barry-Murphy.

so that may be stalling completing the first round of interviews.
drawback of a mid season change. (One of many)

Just thinking out loud.

So the Irish League is coming to an end - managers and players - must be tired and need an out of season break. Is it advisable to appoint a manager from that league based on the fact we need to hit the ground running and expect results?

We need someone full of energy! It’s not like we are in pre-season

Status
Not open for further replies.