Next Manager/Head Coach Discussion | Page 44 | Vital Football

Next Manager/Head Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SW has a new name mentioned as a possibility, even if there’s nothing in it, Brian Barry Murphy.

As I said when it was rumoured we might sign Charles Vernam from Bradford. No way is that going to happen.

Please not Barry-Murphy, we'd end up back to that lightweight and extreme levels of tippy tappy shite. We've only just managed to rid ourselves of both.
Yeah I'm not super keen on this either - had seem his name mentioned somewhere in the betting or something and decided not to mention it.

I want us to be able to pass the ball but not the dogmatic, Russell Martin style 80% of the ball but lose 2-0 stuff. I am not convinced we've signed particularly well for that either if it's O'Connor, Jackson, Mitchell back three vibes...

I don't want us to be an u21s team... rather a good League One team that can integrate some good young players.

Nigel Pearson anyone ?
Aged 60, bit of a dinosaur, hasn't managed in the lower divisions since 1999, health issues, did well at Leicester but mediocre at every other club.

His record at Bristol City:

P121 W38 D30 L53 Pts144
PPG 1.19 (equivalent to 55 points over a 46-game season)
Win% 31.4

At least Duff would be right at home... (although I feel like Moylan scoring a hat trick seems like he has got used to being a forward!)
Re: moylan I wouldn’t judge him on that game. 2 pens in the hat trick. Against rock bottom opposition, already relegated, with goal difference -73!

interested to see how we intend to fit him in, and whether vale will go back.

Aged 60, bit of a dinosaur, hasn't managed in the lower divisions since 1999, health issues, did well at Leicester but mediocre at every other club.

His record at Bristol City:

P121 W38 D30 L53 Pts144
PPG 1.19 (equivalent to 55 points over a 46-game season)
Win% 31.4
he did well at Bristol considering he had the objective to improve their league position and reduce their wage bill which he did. In fact he had very little money to spend. He only left because of the odd events going behind the scenes - fans not happy at his departure.

but I agree I cant imagine he is suitable for us

he did well at Bristol considering he had the objective to improve their league position and reduce their wage bill which he did. In fact he had very little money to spend. He only left because of the odd events going behind the scenes - fans not happy at his departure.

but I agree I cant imagine he is suitable for us
If Lampard gets the Bristol City job as heavily rumoured I could imagine Pearson looking like a great manager in the near future !

Yeah I'm not super keen on this either - had seem his name mentioned somewhere in the betting or something and decided not to mention it.

I want us to be able to pass the ball but not the dogmatic, Russell Martin style 80% of the ball but lose 2-0 stuff. I am not convinced we've signed particularly well for that either if it's O'Connor, Jackson, Mitchell back three vibes...

I don't want us to be an u21s team... rather a good League One team that can integrate some good young players.
Appleton got the balance reasonably right in the play-off season, though we always struggled to break down defensively minded sides at SB. Jackson at CB then, of course.

I for one am impressed on the lack of information leaking out of the club. Either the hundreds of in the know imps fans know nothing, or they do know a little snippet but the club have convinced them to keep quiet.

either way, I would prefer silence to finding out - Bradford style - that we had agreed the job with our first choice this week, and our first choice has u-turned on us.
Talking to someone at the match Tuesday who always claims to be itk said since the US investors became more involved things have tightened up considerably .

Appleton got the balance reasonably right in the play-off season, though we always struggled to break down defensively minded sides at SB. Jackson at CB then, of course.
Bearing in mind one of the given reasons for changing coach was about playing (or not) a more possession based game

Re: moylan I wouldn’t judge him on that game. 2 pens in the hat trick. Against rock bottom opposition, already relegated, with goal difference -73!

interested to see how we intend to fit him in, and whether vale will go back.

Moylans a good player and has come on leaps and bounds in the last few months.

I have only seen him play upfront as a lone central striker, if he played as an attacking midfielder before I must admit I have never seen him play in that role so wouldn't be able to compare performances in the different positions.

He is a player in the mould of House, probably a bit stronger in build than House and Vale, can hold the ball up, has got some good touches, can dribble, can see a pass and knows where the back of the net is.

Obviously we don't know what the plans are for him, whether we signed on his midfield performances or as a forward or whether he will go out on loan or not but I wouldn't be adverse to seeing him given an opportunity, even if its from the bench in January, when I think he's available to us.

Moylans a good player and has come on leaps and bounds in the last few months.

I have only seen him play upfront as a lone central striker, if he played as an attacking midfielder before I must admit I have never seen him play in that role so wouldn't be able to compare performances in the different positions.

He is a player in the mould of House, probably a bit stronger in build than House and Vale, can hold the ball up, has got some good touches, can dribble, can see a pass and knows where the back of the net is.

Obviously we don't know what the plans are for him, whether we signed on his midfield performances or as a forward or whether he will go out on loan or not but I wouldn't be adverse to seeing him given an opportunity, even if its from the bench in January, when I think he's available to us.
Re: the manager’s quote posted earlier in this thread, their striker shortage was this season… forcing him to play moylan as a striker. moylan’s preferred position will be attacking midfield.

And we would have been scouting him as an attacking midfielder, but now have the advantage of seeing he can also play as a striker. Winwin.

Status
Not open for further replies.