Next Manager/Head Coach Discussion | Page 43 | Vital Football

Next Manager/Head Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Writing gonads is part and parcel of all football fora. However, from a cursory scroll through the thread on the Fishy about the search for their new manager takes it to a whole new level and is incredibly entertaining, if one wants a smile with their morning cuppa take a looksee.

Crucially, there remains an element of uncertainty surrounding the future of manager Damien Duff, too.

The two-year contract he signed in November 2021 runs out this month and a new deal has yet to be agreed with the club’s Turkish owner, Acun Ilicali.

He's obviously Moylan's manager at the moment, which is kind of interesting/we've probably watched his team a lot. I have little clue whether Shelbourne finishing 4th is good or not - it sounds like if Duff does stay his owner has insinuated he'll have more money to play with but whether that'll be forthcoming I don't know.

You'd think Duff will have decent contacts from a strong Premier League career - also doing some coaching at Celtic and being assistant manager for Ireland (and briefly playing in Oz for the Man City owned Melbourne).

Know idea if we or Duff are interested and he doesn't have Bradley's level of CV in the LOI yet.

From what I can gather both families moved to Portsmouth. The Cowleys have stated that they don't want to uproot them again, particularly because their children are at critical stages in their education. So although Colchester would have been ideal geographically as they are Essex people it will still be way beyond commuting from Pompey.
I think the Cowleys had accepted they would have to live away from their families for their next job. I fully expect them to return to Lincoln City within the next few days and I fear Danny will come to regret his decision.
Who is Sunderland's Manager? Do I care? .No I don't .I'm getting Skelly Imp vibes

I think that was Appleton
Definitely Tilson, once he got married (just before the terminal slump)
He regularly gave the players most of the week off or they could do their own training programme until Friday.
Bearing this in mind and after the last two managers lived away from the area, I'm the next one lives locally or no more than hour away

Apart from the board no one knows who's the top target/s is/are which is a good thing as frustrating as it is that there are no rumours at all circulating.

Keep in mind that interviews don't have to be in person either since Zoom so the days of people lurking outside the offices to identify candidates are long gone. Doesn't help that the Echo is virtually extinct though

I for one am impressed on the lack of information leaking out of the club. Either the hundreds of in the know imps fans know nothing, or they do know a little snippet but the club have convinced them to keep quiet.

either way, I would prefer silence to finding out - Bradford style - that we had agreed the job with our first choice this week, and our first choice has u-turned on us.

Of either of the two main Irish candidates, after tonight's final games they may enter more negotiations with their parent clubs about staying on, which could drag out our process of choosing an new coach?!

Status
Not open for further replies.