Next Manager/Head Coach Discussion | Page 41 | Vital Football

Next Manager/Head Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny mentioned somewhere during the week that his daughter is in her GCSE year and doesn't want anything to impact on that. I expect he is still either getting a payment from Portsmouth or at the least had a generous pay-off. He also is getting some decent media gigs to keep him going. If anything this decision makes him coming back to us even more unlikely in my view.
His daughter was in her gcse year well before he went for the Bradford job interview. And at the point he accepted the Bradford job. So something else changed to do the u-turn.

I suppose the family reasons could be we don't want your brother as part of the coaching team.
All good speculation

I do think this is very close to a resolution whoever gets the gig. We have the Irish League finishing tomorrow so if it's Bradley, Duff or someone else from there, that distraction is gone. Pretty certain we'll have it done either just before the Notts County match, but with Shaw still leading the team, or very soon after with the Port Vale game in mind

A glare from his missus probably
Bradford hotel receipt found in his suit.

obviously hope there is nothing serious going on family-wise. As it is not a great look for Danny really to have the bbc reporting a u-turn after accepting a job. How will other clubs thinking of interviewing him look at it?

Winchester is a long way from here and as others have stated, if we wanted them they would be in post by now.

What we don’t want is training being moved to the afternoon like it was in Tilson’s time iirc to accommodate travelling time to Lincoln. I don’t think that suits the players tbf. Having said that training maybe in the afternoon now !

“…What we don’t want is training being moved to the afternoon like it was in Tilson’s time iirc to accommodate travelling time to Lincoln. I don’t think that suits the players tbf. Having said that training maybe in the afternoon now !”
What’s wrong with training in the afternoon? Besides, not all tactical, gym, and training drills need to be overseen by head coach(es) anyway. Shouldn’t be a factor if everything is well organised.

Winchester is a long way from here and as others have stated, if we wanted them they would be in post by now.

What we don’t want is training being moved to the afternoon like it was in Tilson’s time iirc to accommodate travelling time to Lincoln. I don’t think that suits the players tbf. Having said that training maybe in the afternoon now !
He didn't turn at all apart from Fridays!

Living away from home these days comes with the very well paid job of a football Manager. Dont think MA or MK lived anywhere near Lincoln, and see no reason why DC would not return to LCFC. Ian Dennis is a very well respected and trustworthy Radio 5 journalist and what he has said we can take as true. Wait and see time.
UTI.

Last edited:
If they are waiting for a job to come up within two hours of the Portsmouth area, they could be out of work for quite a while longer.

And the longer they are out, the harder it will be to get back.

If they are waiting for a job to come up within two hours of the Portsmouth area, they could be out of work for quite a while longer.

And the longer they are out, the harder it will be to get back.
Geography! they are not waiting for a job nearer Portsmouth as they accepted the Bradford job earlier this week!

I wouldn't be opposed to a return for Danny and Nicky but don't think it will happen. They did a fantastic job here before moving on to Huddersfield. They bided their time after leaving Huddersfield before moving to Portsmouth. They have again not rushed into another job after leaving Pompey. I just think they are waiting for a new challenge which Bradford would have been but obviously something gone amiss there. I just think they have already done there time at Lincoln and will be looking for somewhere new.
But who knows.

Our friends down the A46 are getting very excited. They are convinced the Cowleys still live in Lincoln, and the reason they have turned down Bradford is for a job nearer home. If it was us they would already be here so it must be a very appealing job in Fishy land.

Well as long as they haven’t got Connor Mcgrandles as a chauffeur they will be alright, we all know Charlton is much closer to Scotland then Lincoln.

There are times when I think Vital Lincoln should change its name to 221b Baker Street!

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be one of a number of alternative truths that can be spun a million ways into a conspiracy theory and an argument.

When Sherlock Homes met Vitals

Status
Not open for further replies.