Next Manager/Head Coach Discussion | Page 15 | Vital Football

Next Manager/Head Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it Liverpool who had (have?) a throw-in coach? That might be an idea as we seem to have developed that as our main attacking option even when Adelakun is off the field.
I must say that even without a strike force i couldn’t believe our only plan was the continual long throw which never came to anything. It wound me up more than anything else!!!! - pathetic
Was it Liverpool who had (have?) a throw-in coach? That might be an idea as we seem to have developed that as our main attacking option even when Adelakun is off the field.

only idea was the long throw then

I must say that even without a strike force i couldn’t believe our only plan was the continual long throw which never came to anything. It wound me up more than anything else!!!! - pathetic

only idea was the long throw then

It's always a pretty desperate tactic to my mind, but when you're not planning on putting any actual crosses into the box what else do you do?
At least it increased our balls into the box by 50%

It's always a pretty desperate tactic to my mind, but when you're not planning on putting any actual crosses into the box what else do you do?
At least it increased our balls into the box by 50%
It’s a dangerous throw, but we don’t have the players to win those sort of headers

Sorry, I thought we were talking about candidates for Lincoln City job? So your ‘average’ comment is in comparison to premier league managers!?

And ‘as I believe’. Pretty much given you just facts!?

And finally, to be honest, looking at way some clubs in the Prem and championship are ran, I think many will overlook excellent candidates as they go for a name instead.
Are the Cowleys unemployed or taking a break? They would be justified in taking their time to get another job after working 7 days a week for about 10 years. The deal that took them to Huddersfield made them wealthy enough to take a sabbatical. What some forget is that teams in L1 and above have a lot of staff to achieve success and then Cowleys got 2 promotions to this level by doing much of the staff work themselves.

Don't think it's unfair at all, and going forward in a club that is now excellently run (thank you Clive, Liam, etc) I want a man with a footballing pedigree at the helm, not (to quote you) 'former P.E teachers with no professional football career behind them'.
You've got to be having a giraffe. What you forgot to say with your anti Cowley sentiment, was that they are arguably the most successful imps managers certainly in my lifetime. Not bad for managers with little or no football pedigree. Give me strength.

Are the Cowleys unemployed or taking a break? They would be justified in taking their time to get another job after working 7 days a week for about 10 years. The deal that took them to Huddersfield made them wealthy enough to take a sabbatical. What some forget is that teams in L1 and above have a lot of staff to achieve success and then Cowleys got 2 promotions to this level by doing much of the staff work themselves.

I would say taking a break and applying only for jobs they think would suit them.

There has been no real confirmation they have been interviewed for any since they left Portsmouth.

Maybe they had thoughts that MK would not last and saw us as their best next step, so were prepared to wait.

It will be interesting to see if they apply.

Chris Cohen.

Hortin was talking to Walker at the start of the coverage about him playing for West Ham in Walker's time there, also about Cohen being with Forest.

Bizarre level of inclarity on this?! Why is Hortin announcing it if he can't even be 100% sure on the name

Status
Not open for further replies.