Next Manager/Head Coach Discussion | Page 90 | Vital Football

Next Manager/Head Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell of a CV…. Looks like the kind of person we’d be interested in…
I more inclined to believe this name than others, ticks a lot more boxes based on what the club have said they are looking for than others.

I would be slightly underwhelmed as I would consider it to be another gamble, as MK was.

Buckingham would also be a gamble, but a slightly lower risk.

The Cowleys basically no gamble as everyone would know what they were getting - club, fans, and the Cowleys.

Personally think the Cowley's would also be a gamble, different style of play wanted by the board. Younger players being used and they will not be in 100% control of transfers.

Yes the Cowley's know the board, fans and facilities but even that is no guarantee it would not be a gamble.

Just because Danny and Nicky worked once doesnt mean it will work a second time.

Personally think the Cowley's would also be a gamble, different style of play wanted by the board. Younger players being used and they will not be in 100% control of transfers.

Yes the Cowley's know the board, fans and facilities but even that is no guarantee it would not be a gamble.

Just because Danny and Nicky worked once doesnt mean it will work a second time.

Every appointment is a gamble of course, I just feel the Cowleys would be less so - and the best appointment to take advantage of where we are in the table. With it being a poor league this year, we have a terrific chance to make the play-offs.

I really don't want us to have to write off this season because we have a new inexperienced manager who "needs time".

Every appointment is a gamble of course, I just feel the Cowleys would be less so - and the best appointment to take advantage of where we are in the table. With it being a poor league this year, we have a terrific chance to make the play-offs.

I really don't want us to have to write off this season because we have a new inexperienced manager who "needs time".

So you think the Board having instigated a rigorous selection process will end up taking a bigger gamble than simply just reappointing the Cowleys?

His CV looks very similar to MK's - lots of experience coaching at youth and U21 level. Only a very few games in charge of a league team.
Accepting the confines of the parameters the board have set out, he has a strong CV for what the board are looking for.

Whether you, I, or anyone else agrees with the specifics of what the board are looking for, you can’t deny that this guy fits the bill.

Agreed Danny would be less of a gamble, just feel he doesnot fit the boards brief.

He is a manager and they want a coach. Even if they decided they would work through I personally think if the going got rough then it might not be beneficial to both parties.

Under our current structure I am not sure Danny could be as controlling as he likes, i think if Danny loses his controlling edge then he would not be the same man.

I would love DC and NC back and it would make my ecstatic if they returned but I fear it would not be the same second time around.

I would love to know exactly who takes it upon themselves to update Wikipedia at the best of times, let alone when the information is nothing of the kind. Strange people.

If there's any truth to it the Futsal part is very interesting. Passing under pressure in tight areas is a huge weakness for us and part of what we need to make the system and the style we want to play work so it kind of makes sense if that's a big strength of his coaching.

Let's see but just hope we find out today and the new person has a good week before Saturday to start getting across some new ideas.

Taylor just been sacked at rotherham, seem to remember he was at Exeter before and did a good job there. Any thoughts?

Taylor just been sacked at rotherham, seem to remember he was at Exeter before and did a good job there. Any thoughts?
at some point we will need to appoint someone and not wait until the next person who might be sacked who might be a bit better!

Feel like it'd look weird if we'd been recruiting for nearly 3 and a half weeks, the process being a long way down the line and then suddenly appointed someone who'd only just been sacked? Did pretty well at Exeter though.

If he'd been sacked 3 weeks ago then absolutely! Did very well at Exeter and by all accounts a very decent and honest guy.

Wouldn't surprise me if ends up back at Exeter as they seem to be in freefall.

Loving the fact you’ve seemingly written him (or whoever it is) off already 🙄
I find it amazing that just because they have not heard of the guy it's all doom and gloom.

This is not aimed at anyone in particular but when i search Skubala's name on twitter he's already getting written off. Probably just because he's not Danny Cowley or just because people wanted "A Name"

The guy has coached England U18, he has coached Leeds United he was entrusted to Coach Leeds in a few premiership games.

If it is to be Michael why cannot Lincoln fans just give the guy a chance and trust Clive and the rest of the board to make the correct decision.

I would love to know exactly who takes it upon themselves to update Wikipedia at the best of times, let alone when the information is nothing of the kind. Strange people.
My uni friend once changed singer Gabriel (dreams) wiki page to say she had a Maltesers for an eye ball. Let’s just say his IP address - which was his works address - got blocked for a year. 🤔

I’m hoping for the Cowleys too but just cannot see it. I’d rather spend this extra time getting the right person. In the board we trust.

I find it amazing that just because they have not heard of the guy it's all doom and gloom.

This is not aimed at anyone in particular but when i search Skubala's name on twitter he's already getting written off. Probably just because he's not Danny Cowley or just because people wanted "A Name"

The guy has coached England U18, he has coached Leeds United he was entrusted to Coach Leeds in a few premiership games.

If it is to be Michael why cannot Lincoln fans just give the guy a chance and trust Clive and the rest of the board to make the correct decision.
he is certainly better then some of the deadbeats being bounded about. He seems a decent prospect from the read if him. I think either him or the Cowleys would be a good news story. Tom Shaw to the end of the season not!

Status
Not open for further replies.