Next Manager/Head Coach Discussion | Page 91 | Vital Football

Next Manager/Head Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the way everyone assumes that the Cowleys have directly expressed an interest in the job at Lincoln and the club have fobbed their interest off. Danny definitely was quoted as being interested initially in the jobs at Bradford and Sheff Weds I haven't seen any quotes from him about the Lincoln job. I very much doubt he will be our new Manager but the Club have kept everything behind close doors so who knows.
But whoever gets the job deserves some breathing space and we cannot expect them to start playing fantastic football and beating everybody whilst still getting their feet under the table. The last thing they will need is for the fans to start beating them with the stick that we could have had the Cowleys back.
Just give the new guy a chance.

I understand that we all can’t wait to discover who the new head coach will be. However if It is an up & coming, highly reputable coach, who has gone under the radar of all speculation until the 11th hour 59th minute, then the board should be congratulated on their professionalism & integrity in what should be a highly confidential process.

I love the way everyone assumes that the Cowleys have directly expressed an interest in job at Lincoln and the club have fobbed their interest off. Danny definitely was quoted as being interested initially in the jobs at Bradford and Sheff Weds I haven't seen any quotes from him about the Lincoln job. I very much doubt he will be our new Manager but the Club have kept everything behind close doors so who knows.
But whoever gets the job deserves some breathing space and we cannot expect them to start playing fantastic football and beating everybody whilst still getting their feet under the table. The last thing they will need is for the fans to start beating them with the stick that we could have had the Cowleys back.
Just give the new guy a chance.
When Danny Cowley was asked in a recent interview if there was any club he would like to manage, if he could choose, his answer was we absolutely loved our time at Lincoln and we are big West Ham fans. Read into that what you will.

I'm fed up of all this pining for the Cowleys to return.
It was a whirlwind romance that turned into something beautiful, then they started having their heads turned by a new bit of totty.
A divorce went through with Lincoln receiving a substantial settlement.

Why would we want to re marry an old flame who cheated on us.
Besides, we're a lot better looking now than when the Cowleys arrived so we should be able attract something better.

I'm fed up of all this pining for the Cowleys to return.
It was a whirlwind romance that turned into something beautiful, then they started having their heads turned by a new bit of totty.
A divorce went through with Lincoln receiving a substantial settlement.

Why would we want to re marry an old flame who cheated on us.
Besides, we're a lot better looking now than when the Cowleys arrived so we should be able attract something better.

"Why would we want to re marry an old flame who cheated on us."

Do you therefore consider every player we have sold for a decent fee to have cheated on us?

In other words, you would like every player or manager with any ability to forget about having a career and stay with the club forever?

"Why would we want to re marry an old flame who cheated on us."

Do you therefore consider every player we have sold for a decent fee to have cheated on us?

In other words, you would like every player or manager with any ability to forget about having a career and stay with the club forever?
I stated quite clearly that it was a beautiful romance whilst it lasted.
We all knew that the success the brothers were having with Lincoln would attract the attention of others.
And of course we didn't want them leave but they did.
Get over it.

Danny and Nicky Cowley will forever have their place in Lincoln city history.
Why would they want to come back, and more importantly why would we want them back.
The second time around hardly ever works aswell as the first.
I along with thousands of other city fans are grateful for the way they re energised the club and the City.

So for me their job is done

I consider us vitals folk to be some of the more rational Imps supporters (for the most part) but I am absolutely appalled that whoever gets the job 50% will love and 50% will immediately dismiss as the wrong person. Not just dismiss but probably wish to fail because it wasn’t their choice.

Whoever it is please for the sake of LCFC lets stand united and give this person (or persons) a chance.

I consider us vitals folk to be some of the more rational Imps supporters (for the most part) but I am absolutely appalled that whoever gets the job 50% will love and 50% will immediately dismiss as the wrong person. Not just dismiss but probably wish to fail because it wasn’t their choice.

Whoever it is please for the sake of LCFC lets stand united and give this person (or persons) a chance.
Here Here, Very Well Said.

I purchased my ticket for Stevenage straight after MK was sacked as I expecting it to be the new persons first game in charge.

Hopefully as many as can afford to go down the A1 get themselves a ticket and give them all the support they can.

I stated quite clearly that it was a beautiful romance whilst it lasted.
We all knew that the success the brothers were having with Lincoln would attract the attention of others.
And of course we didn't want them leave but they did.
Get over it.

Danny and Nicky Cowley will forever have their place in Lincoln city history.
Why would they want to come back, and more importantly why would we want them back.
The second time around hardly ever works aswell as the first.
I along with thousands of other city fans are grateful for the way they re energised the club and the City.

So for me their job is done

Ok. Fair enough - that is much clearer.

It was your insinuation that the Cowleys "cheated on us" by leaving that I didn't understand.

Ok. Fair enough - that is much clearer.

It was your insinuation that the Cowleys "cheated on us" by leaving that I didn't understand.
No problem
It's the old boyfriend/girlfriend analogy,.
You may have a great relationship, but it doesn't you looking at what else is out there.
The Cowleys were being eyed up by others and they were not averse to a bit of reciprocal flirting

I think I'd reserve the right for people (a bit at least) to be a tiny bit underwhelmed if it's a coach of Kennedy's profile even if clearly other managers without much first team experience have been successes. Especially after some of the names linked and the insinuation we've had a much higher calibre of applicants this time around. If they have a more discernible record at least you can fall back on the fact that they got to their successes eventually (even if not in England!) etc. With Kennedy never really believed he'd suddenly get us going.

That is not =/= to not wanting them to be a success - and no rush to judgement or writing off. I wasn't mad on MK at the time and didn't see much to change that view even if I still supported the team, but I think like any coach if they can do well on the pitch they'll get backed. It would also help in the short term how they're presented and come across as a leader.

I think you start from a bit of a neutral position - but with some possible CVs probably start from a position of excited? I kind of hoped we might be getting the latter but as the process draws on feeling it could be the former. Good luck to whoever it is!

I think if you appointed a Danny Cowley or appointed a David Holdsworth or Chris Sutton you'd have an opinion at the time it happens - and that's fine.

Last edited:
If it is this guy from Leeds he’s I would say has a better profile than Kennedy, got a point at OT with Leeds first team didn’t have a poor record with Macclesfield 😉

If it is this guy from Leeds he’s I would say has a better profile than Kennedy, got a point at OT with Leeds first team didn’t have a poor record with Macclesfield 😉
Haha! Interesting tbf - I live in Leeds and have asked around some big supporters this afternoon - the story (repeated a couple of times) was they had two good performances against Man United and there was a rumour he might get the gig until the end of the season/they weren't worried about keeping him on for a bit longer.

Then after a very poor performance/defeat against Everton, the Leeds hierarchy started phoning round everyone to get someone in sharpish. Not as if the following two incumbents did well!

Not much of a sample size - and not much else to report other than he speaks pretty well and lots of comments about futsal!

Also if he has a background in futsal, that can surely be adapted and be a big advantage in the game for us for the skill set you learn in that. And tbh if he’s been involved in Leeds Academy just of the top of my head they haven’t been to shabby at bringing through youth to the first team and beyond, Harrison, Summerville & Phillips.

Plus the link with Leeds can help in the January window in terms of loan signings and beyond.

I’d be happy with him, plus it’s nice a name like that has been kept very very quiet all this time until now.

Listen guys, can we quickly come to a collective decision on who our preferred candidate is. The board have been watching the forum closely and are getting a little impatient that we still haven't decided definitively who we want, as they were hoping to announce our decision as soon as possible after the Port Vale game.

Listen guys, can we quickly come to a collective decision on who our preferred candidate is. The board have been watching the forum closely and are getting a little impatient that we still haven't decided definitively who we want, as they were hoping to announce our decision as soon as possible after the Port Vale game.
Having seen some polling on it across social media I think the general view was pretty clear haha

Status
Not open for further replies.