News Headlines | Page 4 | Vital Football

News Headlines

Hancock and boris are screwed.
Now even more so. Can we trust the government now ? . I voted Tory and always have done. I feel ashamed I supported this lot . We need an independent investigation into the suitability of the cabinet and prime minister. I mean by the Police, looking for corruption and back handers. Contracts awarded etc.

Hope everyone is enjoying the amazing weather we are having in UK recently. As worried as many are (rightly) about the governments covid plans. It is meaningless in the long term. This is the story to genuinely scared about. Not worried. Scared.

Scientists are becoming more and more convinced that the impacts of global warming are worse than predicted. Yet, despite lots of talk, the progress in the last 20 years has been marginal at best. Act now, as it already is possible at a point of causing irreversible damage.

The worlds climate always changes ...what I am not convinced about is if man is actually really making a significant difference in the scheme of things. CO2 actually makes the green planet thrive and by inference there is more oxygen put back in the atmosphere by the flora. So if it is negligable in terms of the man's impact then what can man actually do about natural climate change really...apart from common sense strategies by for example not building near coastlines not building in river valleys and low level land etc etc. The poles have receeded (melted) and grown many many times over the life of the planet. Replacing fossil fuels may help air quality but we then have the increasing issue with redundant batteries / acidic polution even more plastic issues, more non recyclable materals which ruin the planet and its flora and fauna....all down to man, not necessarily man's influence on climate. Natural fires are real risk to human life but if we do not habitate the wooded areas loss of life will be minimised. Actually natural fires help to replenish and regenerate wooodland over time. I remain unconvinced of the hype being generated...yes natural disasters are always likely to happen..... does any one really think that man's actions are responsible for the unusual occurrence of the recent extreme high rainfall and flooding in Europe....man has not been on the planet long enough to know if this event is unnatural or natural. So the hype as with the high temps being experienced in the USA is based on what, 50 years of records?

I may of course be wrong in my thinking.............

Last edited:
The worlds climate always changes ...what I am not convinced about is if man is actually really making a significant difference in the scheme of things. CO2 actually makes the green planet thrive and by inference there is more oxygen put back in the atmosphere by the flora. So if it is negligable in terms of the man's impact then what can man actually do about natural climate change really...apart from common sense strategies by for example not building near coastlines not building in river valleys and low level land etc etc. The poles have receeded (melted) and grown many many times over the life of the planet. Replacing fossil fuels may help air quality but we then have the increasing issue with redundant batteries / acidic polution even more plastic issues, more non recyclable materals which ruin the planet and its flora and fauna....all down to man, not necessarily man's influence on climate. Natural fires are real risk to human life but if we do not habitate the wooded areas loss of life will be minimised. Actually natural fires help to replenish and regenerate wooodland over time. I remain unconvinced of the hype being generated...yes natural disasters are always likely to happen..... does any one really think that man's actions are responsible for the unusual occurrence of the recent extreme high rainfall and flooding in Europe....man has not been on the planet long enough to know if this event is unnatural or natural. So the hype as with the high temps being experienced in the USA is based on what, 50 years of records?

I may of course be wrong in my thinking.............
I'm sorry, but you are wrong on this one. The science at this point is pretty undeniably clear this is human made climate change. Greenhouse gases such as CO2 are causing the temperatures to change and so changing the conditions that flora require regardless of availability of CO2. There has been a big rise in the number of various species that are now endangered as a result of man made climate change. There are more ways that simply looking at the temperature recorded in the last 50 years (in which the last 10 years. For example just think about the change in what has been able to be grown in the UK compared to previous centuries. Another example is that you are also able to take readings from ice caps to determine CO2 levels in the atmosphere looking thousands of years back - we are phenomenally higher now than previously known.

Global temperature is rising, the ocean is becoming warmer & more acidic, ice sheets & glacial/snow caps are melting, extreme events more common. None of these things are good for people, animals, plants and wildlife.

The discussion should no longer be "are we causing this". But needs to be "what must we do right now to prevent this".

Dont agree mee93 .......temperatures have been much higher millions of years ago than now....explain!

Short period of time crop changes are irrelevant for this argument.....iceages come and go so do warm spells.....man made issues are small fry

80 can you lead mee93 in the direction of the video you posted a while back by a prior chairman of Greenpeace....Patrick Moore please.

Last edited:
There isn't any doubt the climate is in a warming cycle.

There isn't any doubt we are polluting this planet beyond its ability to recover.

There is no doubt carbon is spiking.

Whatever your belief, we need to stop polluting this planet, enforce regenerative agriculture, and go back to building products that last.

India and China are leading the way in greening the earth.

And to satisfy Greavsie's request:

As of 2019 China was the worst in respect of CO2 pollution. USA second but only approx half of China's. India next Then Russia and Japan and a little surprisingly 6th is Germany.

The most important statement:

The output of a computer model is entirely based on the ASSUMPTIONS of the inputs. You can run those assumptions 20 million times, the results will not vary.

Canada not doing too well ?

No. We are shit on that chart for good reason. It takes as long to fly from Toronto to Vancouver as it does from Toronto to London England.

It is not uncommon for parents to drive three hours for a sporting event for their child.

It is 2914 miles from my house to Victoria BC and 1725 miles from my house to St John's Newfoundland. Driving.

No. We are shit on that chart for good reason. It takes as long to fly from Toronto to Vancouver as it does from Toronto to London England.

It is not uncommon for parents to drive three hours for a sporting event for their child.

It is 2914 miles from my house to Victoria BC and 1725 miles from my house to St John's Newfoundland. Driving.

So its not down to industrial activity ?

Whatever the reasons, the recent extraordinary rises in temperature in certain areas must give Canadians pause for thought.

We all have to change how we behave now and governments have to do much much more.

There isn't any doubt the climate is in a warming cycle.

AGREE

There isn't any doubt we are polluting this planet beyond its ability to recover.

DISAGREE...we will die off and the planet will recover once man has feked it all up

There is no doubt carbon is spiking.

AGREE..so planet gets even greener ...if we stop building things on lnwe and areas and also stop destroying forests unnaturally etc

Whatever your belief, we need to stop polluting this planet, enforce regenerative
agriculture, and go back to building products that last.

TOTALLY AGREE

No doubt man is adding to the issues but CO2 is not the real' man' issue, it is the polution man causes that is the issue, plastics toxic waste use once mentality.

More CO2 more green more oxygen....

In my humble opinion of course

Nature or the Chinese have already fought back with Covid.
Reduced the population.
Stopped a lot of air travel.
Lowered industrial output.

This could just be the start. We are the virus that Mother Earth is trying to kill off because we are a threat to her.