News Headlines | Page 5 | Vital Football

News Headlines

There isn't any doubt the climate is in a warming cycle.

AGREE

There isn't any doubt we are polluting this planet beyond its ability to recover.

DISAGREE...we will die off and the planet will recover once man has feked it all up

There is no doubt carbon is spiking.

AGREE..so planet gets even greener ...if we stop building things on lnwe and areas and also stop destroying forests unnaturally etc

Whatever your belief, we need to stop polluting this planet, enforce regenerative
agriculture, and go back to building products that last.

TOTALLY AGREE

No doubt man is adding to the issues but CO2 is not the real' man' issue, it is the polution man causes that is the issue, plastics toxic waste use once mentality.

More CO2 more green more oxygen....

In my humble opinion of course

Methane has more than 80 times the warming power of carbon dioxide over the first 20 years after it reaches the atmosphere. Even though CO2 has a longer-lasting effect, methane sets the pace for warming in the near term.

Our big focus should be on the food chain and specifically our meat consumption. We are creating entire supply chains to feed the animals that we consume. That is removing photosynthesising rainforests and killing entire species before they're even discovered. Every cow creates somewhere between 250 and 500 litres of methane a day.

For me, it starts by cutting down on my meat consumption by having veggie or vegan days. Every small contribution to the supply and demand model has to help right?

Methane has more than 80 times the warming power of carbon dioxide over the first 20 years after it reaches the atmosphere. Even though CO2 has a longer-lasting effect, methane sets the pace for warming in the near term.

Our big focus should be on the food chain and specifically our meat consumption. We are creating entire supply chains to feed the animals that we consume. That is removing photosynthesising rainforests and killing entire species before they're even discovered. Every cow creates somewhere between 250 and 500 litres of methane a day.

For me, it starts by cutting down on my meat consumption by having veggie or vegan days. Every small contribution to the supply and demand model has to help right?

You don't need to cut down on meat consumption unless it's for health or ethical reasons. Regenerative agriculture.

You don't need to cut down on meat consumption unless it's for health or ethical reasons. Regenerative agriculture.

Too much latency for me. I remember seeing a programme sharing a ranch in the US could power 40 adjacent homes via the methane with the right building blocks in place. The rollout of that worldwide can only come from legislation and infrastructure build out. Change management is a long process for all these great breakthroughs.

I still think doing my little bit and changing the meat supply and demand model now is part of a good solution. Also noticing that a lot of the elite performers in sport are intaking plant based protein.

I went vegan at the start of 2020. Threw in a bunch if HIIT sessions and no alcohol. Best I'd felt for years. I knew I couldn't sustain it though. I do enjoy meat, but still have a few "go-to" vegan meals from my local supermarket. That's how I blend it in.

Too much latency for me. I remember seeing a programme sharing a ranch in the US could power 40 adjacent homes via the methane with the right building blocks in place. The rollout of that worldwide can only come from legislation and infrastructure build out. Change management is a long process for all these great breakthroughs.

I still think doing my little bit and changing the meat supply and demand model now is part of a good solution. Also noticing that a lot of the elite performers in sport are intaking plant based protein.

I went vegan at the start of 2020. Threw in a bunch if HIIT sessions and no alcohol. Best I'd felt for years. I knew I couldn't sustain it though. I do enjoy meat, but still have a few "go-to" vegan meals from my local supermarket. That's how I blend it in.

I am way down on meat consumption as well. And I figure if you're going to eat it eat the best. But once or twice a month I have to have a cheeseburger, that we make, and a salad and a good bottle of red. Canadian cheddar only with organic ground tenderloin. Friday night hamburgers. Bit of a tradition in our house.

So just got round to watching the Dominic Cummings interview.

Ended up chuckling about the amount of times Laura Kuenssberg tried to put words in his mouth and he just owned her. She really is stupid.

I'm undecided about Cummings. Speaks a lot of sense but not sure the non-emotional straight talking hasn't got some layers hidden behind it.

Hopefully, next time the BBC will find someone smarter to do the big interview so we can make a better assessment.

So just got round to watching the Dominic Cummings interview.

Ended up chuckling about the amount of times Laura Kuenssberg tried to put words in his mouth and he just owned her. She really is stupid.

I'm undecided about Cummings. Speaks a lot of sense but not sure the non-emotional straight talking hasn't got some layers hidden behind it.

Hopefully, next time the BBC will find someone smarter to do the big interview so we can make a better assessment.

She couldn't look him in the eye. She spent too long trying to discredit Cummings. He doesn't give a shit what people think of him. He is trying to make us aware of govt ineptitude and a crap system.

I am shocked about what's going on in Afghanistan after the withdrawal of US and UK troops. I don't know the answer.
The soldiers lives lost has been in vain, how must the families feel ?

I am shocked about what's going on in Afghanistan after the withdrawal of US and UK troops. I don't know the answer.
The soldiers lives lost has been in vain, how must the families feel ?

Another big cockup and waste of lives....and a big big reason why most religion is awful...imposing antiquated and harsh laws in the name of .........and controlling the masses by fear!.

Maybe it is all the fat mountains blocking the systems i.e shitty diets............,

Will any amount of engineering prevent flooding in urban areas ? Increased capacity drainage, flood defences or diversion of water . I heard a guy the other day on the radio. He said London will flood. The Thames barrier has not been improved. Is there any point ?

If the water table is very high then any serious downpour will have no where to drain away to, however good flood defenses are In fact the water actually comes up out of the ground/sewer systems etc so no defence for that. flood defences are more effective for example, along a river bank to channel water downstream.

If the water table is very high then any serious downpour will have no where to drain away to, however good flood defenses are In fact the water actually comes up out of the ground/sewer systems etc so no defence for that. flood defences are more effective for example, along a river bank to channel water downstream.

Is it Los Angeles in the US that has that huge concrete channel built around it to avoid flooding ? . You can drive a car around it.

Is it Los Angeles in the US that has that huge concrete channel built around it to avoid flooding ? . You can drive a car around it.

Nick.....Yep and that works like the river scenario I mentioned...

Many areas at risk also allow some rivers to deliberately flood on for example farmland (for which compensation is paid for ruined crops) to ease pressure on the water flow.

From experience when we lived in Perth Scotland, 25 years ago, on 17 January 1993, a peak river flow of 2268 m3/s was recorded at Ballathie gauging station on the River Tay – the highest rate ever recorded in the UK.

The water evdetually reached almost to the top of the cross bars on the football pitches on the park land near ther river in the town to give you some perspective, but again most of the town was flooded becasue of a high water table as well, so the water came up through the drains that were meant to remove water! After this event they improved the river defences and also introduced farm land flooding measures, amongst other things. ...pic shows water starting to get towards top! (THE GAME WAS ABANDONED! )
1630913533398.png

Last edited:
I see the Taliban have appointed their interim cabinet. 20 strong, not one woman. Also some of those appointed are of dubious backgrounds terrorism wise.
A protest by women objecting to the regime resulted in 3 being killed and a warning that bad language would not be tolerated..
China have sent over 20 million quid in support of the regime to help them in this challenging time !! I'm sure plenty more will follow to get the Lithium flowing.
So China are basically condoning the treatment of women and resistance groups.

Boycott China I say. I heard the other day, one Chinese billionaire owns about 25 % of UK utilities providers, gas electric and nuclear energy. Our govt should compulsory purchase his shares and kick him out.