Newcastle v Aston Villa Match Thread - Weds 24th June - 6pm | Page 22 | Vital Football

Newcastle v Aston Villa Match Thread - Weds 24th June - 6pm

The only downside of staying up I feel is that Smith is likely to be given another season.

That would show a serious lack of ambition wouldn't it. I think he's a very good Championship manager but hasn't cut it in the Premier League. Although you could make the argument of giving him better players to work with.

I wouldn't know what to do. What I do know is Spurs are light years ahead of us, Everton miles ahead of us, Newcastle soon to be ahead of us, even Leeds will probably overtake us if they go up. How far do we have to fall behind clubs we were on par with only recently.

The lad is 16 so is probably no where near the standard of a premier league striker in the slightest. You think Barca would let a premier league quality 16 year old leave for a few hundred thousand euros? I do worry for the lad he will undoubtedly be hyped up beyond belief and then when he isn’t the next Messi he will be knocked down by fans

In fairness, Barca didn't pay the fee for him anyway - they have lost nothing.

So if it's inspite of him, then you can't blame him for the players losing.

Can't have it both ways mate. Either in it together, or we have scapegoats.

He is not doing what needs to be done to prepare the team in the best possible manner to win and stay up, and in spite of that if the players manage to somehow keep the team in the league , how can he be given credit for it? And if we don't stay up, he still is at fault for not preparing the team well, as has been the case since Day 1 of the season.

We are running out of time. I will be surprised with anything more than 3 points from the next 4 very tough games - wolves, Liverpool, Man U, palace .
I think we’ll do well to get 2 points in the next 3 games, I think 3 losses is most likely.

Bournemouth have some tricky fixtures too but West Ham (vs Newcastle, Burnley, Norwich, Watford) and Watford (vs Burnley, Southampton, Norwich, Newcastle, West Ham) have “easier” fixtures which will see them picking up points at some point, which could leave us potentially needing 3 wins in our last 4 matches including the key match on the last day... not impossible but if one of the others immediately above us picks up a surprise result from somewhere we’re stuffed because I can’t see us doing the same.

I really don't like our owners to be honest, this talk of money ball, they can fuck off, I have ZERO trust in Americans to do the good for our club, they even said "money ball" is their aim.

Well as I've always said owners should be judged by their actions, some would say £145 million was enough to secure Premiership survival, I would say considering our squad and the number of players required it was £60 million light to guarantee Premiership status. Also our lack of signing any Premiership quality and experience is a big mistake.

apparently Smith is slating Konsa, talk abut picking on the easy target . How about bollocking his pets Targett and Mings. Konsa has been played out of position by guess who

We’ve let in 59 goals this season, more than any other team. This is the reason we seem bound to go down and deservedly so. Mings has been an ever present in this debacle and although I like his all action, vocal style, he’s not great positionally nor does he have the powerful aerial command to match his physique. At the end of the day we paid 25 million for a Bournemouth substitute.

We’ve let in 59 goals this season, more than any other team. This is the reason we seem bound to go down and deservedly so. Mings has been an ever present in this debacle and although I like his all action, vocal style, he’s not great positionally nor does he have the powerful aerial command to match his physique. At the end of the day we paid 25 million for a Bournemouth substitute.

Yes, the euphoria of promotion and the way he played in that team, lead us all to believe he was the next McGrath,. A step back and you realise he couldn't get a game in a poor PL side, so he probably wasn't that player.

Anyway, I think we've looked stronger with hause and Konsa and for Deano to single out Konsa was out of order According to Jack he's the most difficult of our defenders to get past

Yes, the euphoria of promotion and the way he played in that team, lead us all to believe he was the next McGrath,. A step back and you realise he couldn't get a game in a poor PL side, so he probably wasn't that player.

Anyway, I think we've looked stronger with hause and Konsa and for Deano to single out Konsa was out of order According to Jack he's the most difficult of our defenders to get past

Irrespective of where Mings was , Konsa did just stand there and let Gayle run into the gap.