Newcastle v Aston Villa Match Thread - Weds 24th June - 6pm | Vital Football

Newcastle v Aston Villa Match Thread - Weds 24th June - 6pm

Easily the worst side I've seen this season and we should be fucking bossing them and taking 3 points if we have anything about us.

Unfortunately we don't look like we do. A draw if we're lucky.

Getting the feeling we'll see a response in this one. Smith will change it up and go attacking and we will smash them 3-1.

It was a comfortable win last time out, but that was at a stage of the season when we were full of confidence and sitting pretty in mid table.

I still think we will win but after the performance yesterday, who knows? Some of those players either don't care or aren't fit at all.

We need McGinn to find some spark or for someone to come in who has it otherwise Jack won't get any time or space. I was hoping Meatball coming back would be the catalyst for a change in fortunes but he looks like he's running in treacle - so would anyone after six months out and no meaningful pre-season equivalent.

Defensively we've definitely improved, but that's no good if we've got nowt going forward.

Newcastle looked decent enough, v a very poor Sheff Utd side yesterday. Was a bit of a stroll for them. Interesting comparing what they did v the Blades compared with us just a few days before. Makes me think Newcastle will win BUT this is another, of only a few in my humble, we could win.

I'd say this is a must win, as I can't see anything from Wolves, Liverpool or Man Utd

It’s a rarity but I am actually hoping we go 4-4-2 for this one. Something has got to change and we have a good big man up front who can’t score and a smaller one who can score but can’t create, time to put them together I think. Time is running out we need to go for the wins not just play out the rest of season with the same failing system content with 19th place.

Can he? He's got 1 to Davis' 0 so far and the one was set up by Davis, he can score goals in Belgium but we really don't know if he's capable in this league. For £8m I doubt he's Harry Kane.

I do know where you are coming from, just being pedantic

He's got 1 more premier league goal than Davis and double what Davis has got for the season despite only joining in January. Both of them the type of instinctive finishes that unfortunately I can't ever see Davis scoring.

I'm a big fan of Davis and he has excellent qualities that none of our other strikers possess. I'd play them together as I can really see them forming a decent partnership.

Do we have to? Villa are trying to put the tin hat on a very very shitty year. Lets try something different at least and go down fighting at the very minimum.

He's got 1 more premier league goal than Davis and double what Davis has got for the season despite only joining in January. Both of them the type of instinctive finishes that unfortunately I can't ever see Davis scoring.

I'm a big fan of Davis and he has excellent qualities that none of our other strikers possess. I'd play them together as I can really see them forming a decent partnership.

I think Davis will score, I think Sammata will score it's question of if they can score enough , they certainly won't playing as a lone strikers