Newcastle Utd v Blackburn | Page 3 | Vital Football

Newcastle Utd v Blackburn

I thought early transfer business was essential. Doubt it will happen unless there is a takeover. I would not compare Benitez to Pardew but Rafa is not without fault.

Rafa isn't without fault.But name me a manager whose signings have all been successful.There isn't one.One thing for certain though,players at the top end of the market are more than likely going to be a success than your players at the lower end,where we have been shopping for 12 year.

Comparing past and present managers under the current owner shows how little scope and money have been made available to the majority. Remember Hughton's signing as we went back into the Premiership were Sol Campbell (free), Dan Gosling (free) and James Perch (undisclosed). Ashley has an agenda which isn't finished yet.

Personally I see little point in comparing our past and current managers footballing related abilities under Ashley as football success was never the focus.

The question we should all be asking is which one of them has helped him the most in his systematic rape and asset stripping of our club.

The question we should all be asking is which one of them has helped him the most in his systematic rape and asset stripping of our club.

No manager has helped him more than the 52000 and that is fact.None of the managers are Geordies,none of the managers have been fans of the club and none of the managers have paid Ashley to take the piss.Disgrace in my book.

No manager has helped him more than the 52000 and that is fact.None of the managers are Geordies,none of the managers have been fans of the club and none of the managers have paid Ashley to take the piss.Disgrace in my book.
Carver aside, I can't disagree with you at all.

I agree to a certain extent marky but our area consists of more than 52,000,the attendees are not the only Geordies giving Ashley money.

None of the managers have paid Ashley to take the piss but they have pocketed millions of our clubs money on his behalf,if we start saying they are less to blame then surely we could say the same about fatty.

None of our support is profiting from the looting,we should focus on the people who are.

None of our support is profiting from the looting,we should focus on the people who are.

Not in my book.Its the 52000 to blame.When Rafa goes,someone else comes in and so on and so on.We will always get a manager.They are here to do a job and get paid.Lets not kid ourselves they are here for any other reason.I have done that with Rafa in the past.
The man making most profit is Ashley himself.He has the club shop cornered off,he has free advertising,in his back pocket goes the tv and prize money etc.
The only people that can help him on his way are the 52000.Don't go.Like I have said many times,why should Ashley change when 52000 say "it's fine Mike,do what you want we will turn up regardless".
I stopped going,as did many on here.It wasn't easy to stop going and the situation was nowhere near as bad as it is now.It should be easier to walk away now,that is if you want what's best for the club and not a miserable day out.

Not in my book.Its the 52000 to blame.When Rafa goes,someone else comes in and so on and so on.We will always get a manager.They are here to do a job and get paid.Lets not kid ourselves they are here for any other reason.I have done that with Rafa in the past.
The man making most profit is Ashley himself.He has the club shop cornered off,he has free advertising,in his back pocket goes the tv and prize money etc.
The only people that can help him on his way are the 52000.Don't go.Like I have said many times,why should Ashley change when 52000 say "it's fine Mike,do what you want we will turn up regardless".
I stopped going,as did many on here.It wasn't easy to stop going and the situation was nowhere near as bad as it is now.It should be easier to walk away now,that is if you want what's best for the club and not a miserable day out.
That will be music to Ashley's ears mind.

marky the FA,Sky,it's subscribers, Ashley and Ashley's cohorts are more culpable than the fans as far as i'm concerned.

Of course they have to take some of the flack but Venky's nine year rape of Blackburn is proof enough for me that the 52,000 are not the main reason Ashley is still with us.
Blackburn's crowds have halved to 12 odd thousand but the thieves are not selling,they are still there.

Benitez rescued Ashley from relegation not the fans and furthermore the accounts revealed he did it by overpaying mediocre players in the championship.

We can discuss all day long, nothing wrong with that.
If we do not get taken over quick, we will be having the same conversation 5 or 10 years from now.

marky the FA,Sky,it's subscribers, Ashley and Ashley's cohorts are more culpable than the fans as far as i'm concerned.

Pie,I misunderstood you mate.Thought you meant at the club regards managers etc.Clubwise it's down to the fans.Definately see the point about the F.A.
To buy a club you need to pass a fit and proper person test,but once you own it they let you do what you want and in some cases run it into the ground.

One of the problems Rafa has is if he goes to Charnley for money surely someone is gonna say "we gave him 12m for Murphy, 10m for Mutu....where has that money gone?". I never thought I would say it but I agree it looks like we are missing the former scouting organization.

It's a fair point about them 2.Thing is when you have to sign 4th or 5th choice targets because of the thieving owner you are going to waste money like that.No excuse but the days of paying for a Rob Lee at the price we did are long gone.Even shite like Murphy and Joselu are over 5-10 m in price.
Why pay it though.Would much rather youth given a chance.Would Armstrong of been worse than Joselu,the young lad in the reserves Roberts,would he have faired better than Murphy.Panic buys to fill squad places if you ask me.

That's the thing I don't understand mate, why would you ship out Darryl Murphy or even Mitrovic to sign Joselu when he is clearly and obviously nowhere near as good as either of them. Anyone could see that. That's why I suspect Rafa is taking the piss and has been for some time.

Agree, why ship out players and replace them with inferior players. does not make sense.
I get the impression that as Ashley is only interested in coining in the money that Benitez has set his squad out to prove a point.
Why not give Roberts a game when Murphy and Atsu are poor.
Why have an abundance of centre halves when you have no strikers and no cover at left back, never mind a lack of goal scoring and creating midfielders.
Why draw up a list of players you want, who are all outside what Ashley will pay then waste most of the transfer window pursuing them half heartedly if at all and being left bidding for rubbish at the end.

What I don't get is that if (say) 20m was available why would Rafa spend that on 3 or 4 players who are no better than he already had. Would it not have been better to keep what he had and spend the lot on one quality addition? Some will say "he needs numbers" but there is no point at all in numbers who aren't good enough. In that case if pressed you might as well play a lad from the reserves, who won't be good enough either. But at least didn't waste your meagre transfer budget. He is taking the piss man, unless he really thought J Murphy, Muto and Joselu would help in which case we have a much bigger problem.

It's a fair point about them 2.Thing is when you have to sign 4th or 5th choice targets because of the thieving owner you are going to waste money like that.No excuse but the days of paying for a Rob Lee at the price we did are long gone.Even shite like Murphy and Joselu are over 5-10 m in price.
Why pay it though.Would much rather youth given a chance.Would Armstrong of been worse than Joselu,the young lad in the reserves Roberts,would he have faired better than Murphy.Panic buys to fill squad places if you ask me.

That's a nonsense in regards to Lee , the fees are relative to the era and there are still bargains to be had, our recent history proves this with Ba and Cabaye or even currently Schar for £3 million is a steal. Then you look at the price of Ngolo Kante for Leicester 5 million. Chris Smalling going from Maidstone to Fulham. Moutinho to Wolves was 5 million. There's value out there if the scouts or clubs are willing.

It’s about wages as well, not only will we not pay the going fees we won’t pay the wages, no way would we pay Moutinhos wages and Chris Smalling is utter shite. Some players will also be hit or miss in this league regardless of price, rating and quality, but if you break records and pay for the best I’d say your chances are better.

Today's news suggests that another kid, Tammy Abrahams, is set to go to Wolves for £18m. We are reminded of the revenues due to Premier League clubs now. If Ashley paid market rate for advertising, NUFC revenues would have been £200m last year, more than double the last full season before relegation.

Yes, we paid £10m for Cisse in Jan 2012. Would that make him around £30m now? What price Shearer in today's market?