Newcastle United vs Norwich City | Page 6 | Vital Football

Newcastle United vs Norwich City

Come January if we get no more points we would need 30 points which is 10 wins. Not impossible if we get some quality players in. So have faith. Add on that we could pick up some points In December.

January is the worst time to buy players. Yes it's saved us a few times but I honestly think we're that bad. Plus we need players to adapt and hit ground running. There's no hope

History has nothing to do with it though
We have massive spending power that previously relegated clubs haven't

Asking a lot for an inexperienced board with a team bottom of the league and manager struggling to change things to have signings ready to join on the first of Jan . Then to integrate them into the side and have them playing. I like Howe the Brentford game we were hugely improved going forwards but at the back we're woeful and you have to ask questions of any manager who would choose Clark over Fernandez based on form (and I'm not even counting tonight). I also wonder if Wilson's not keen on Howe or is he carrying a knock or something . Just doesn't look the same player of late.

I think back to earlier in the season when a takeover was all but 'pie in the sky' and I actually wanted us to be relegated. I was at that point with the former regime, sick of hearing how he paid off the club's debt, was running the club 'properly' and what a good manager we had and we should be thankful. I was that pissed off with that shite I wanted Ashley to lose as much as possible. It turns out he didn't and we are in a weird scenario. If we go down I will be gutted but I have hope for the future of the club. I didn't have that earlier this season.

Its asking a lot of course but we can do it

Two central defenders and another goal scorer could transform this team

What about the midfield ? We cannot bypass it at every discernible opportunity or have Shelvey essentially playing there on his own with Joelinton supporting.

Also a back four, three or five have to be coached and taught to play as a unit. Ours is completely disjointed and looks as awful these early days under Howe as it did under Bruce.

Also a back four, three or five have to be coached and taught to play as a unit. Ours is completely disjointed and looks as awful under Howe as it did under Bruce.

To be fair, and I'm not defending Howe he deserves the criticism, but he hasn't changed the personnel really. Can't have the same formula and expect different results

What about the midfield ? We cannot bypass it at every discernible opportunity or have Shelvey essentially playing there on his own with Joelinton supporting.

Also a back four, three or five have to be coached and taught to play as a unit. Ours is completely disjointed and looks as awful these early days under Howe as it did under Bruce.

I think between Shelvey (this current Shelvey), Willock, Hayden, Almiron Ritchie and Joelinton we have enough in midfield to get by

We are scoring in most games but conceding far too many

For me its not about needing to get used to systems so much - its more about a lack of quality

So many points dropped because of individual errors this season

To be fair, and I'm not defending Howe he deserves the criticism, but he hasn't changed the personnel really. Can't have the same formula and expect different results

Surely the question has to be asked as to why he hasn't changed the personnel ? Take tonight . Fernandez comes in with us a man down and a left back starting his first game of the season and looks more stable than Lascelles or Clark has in eons. Also the Murphy and Ritchie full back situation . They're not , everyone knows it so the opposition know it and there's been acres of spaces in behind them. Now why's the manager not watched previous games seen that issue and tackled that straight away ? Lewis showed more tonight defensively than Ritchie has all season or the tail end of last season (not Ritchie's fault as he's not a full back).

Reactions: Rza
ASM has been shocking lately. Granted played out of position a bit but his end product and decision making has been atrocious.

This club's in the shit . We all know it and we know why. I'm not expecting Howe to be able to change that overnight but I'm baffled as to why he's kept certain things in place from the previous manager who had us bottom of the league and going down quicker than Jordan with a bottle of champers in her.

Willock's been a passenger all season and the lad thinks he's playing well. Shelvey was quicker to chase back when Willock lost the ball. Yes, Shelvey !

Slate wiped clean for everyone but Clark for me from now on

Joelinton and Shelvey are different players under Howe

Wilson and St Max have a bit to prove but we know they can do it

I get that these places are for discussion but there's far too much of the blame game on here at times

We arent down until we're down and there is still a shit load to play for

Ashleys legacy will linger on for a good while yet but they just need to stick together and show more of the resolve they've shown tonight

Last edited: