Newcastle United v Man Utd League Cup Final Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Newcastle United v Man Utd League Cup Final Thread

We got fuck all to lose. Nobody expects us to win, so no pressure, just have to go for it. We're Newcastle United fans, non of us are going to lose any sleep of we don't win are we.
That's about it after watching the game tonight, they are a different team to earlier in the season. Ten Hag got rid of the prima donna 'I'm bigger than the club' Ronaldo and they have taken off. I just hope we give them a game. As an aside my lad and the grandson are going down without tickets, mainly for the experience for the grandson. The London supporters fan club have a list of 'Mag friendly' pubs that will welcome travelling fans.

We're just as good, if not better than them. Recently we've suffered from the limbo that a club of our standing, in that we've won nowt for decades, finds themselves in where a player is subconsciously preparing for the final and it affects the league form.

Now it's the next game and all focus on it. 100% focus.

Plus Bruno's back with a point to prove and the knock on effect his game brings to the likes of Joelinton and Almiron not to mention all of our players adding a few extra percent.

Us winning is not in any script because can you imagine what it would do to the sky 6 teams as well as the Mackems if we do. Our trophy drought would have 68 years wiped from it and we'd have history at 0 (zero) to use against anyone.

We're just as good, if not better than them. Recently we've suffered from the limbo that a club of our standing, in that we've won nowt for decades, finds themselves in where a player is subconsciously preparing for the final and it affects the league form.

Now it's the next game and all focus on it. 100% focus.

Plus Bruno's back with a point to prove and the knock on effect his game brings to the likes of Joelinton and Almiron not to mention all of our players adding a few extra percent.

Us winning is not in any script because can you imagine what it would do to the sky 6 teams as well as the Mackems if we do. Our trophy drought would have 68 years wiped from it and we'd have history at 0 (zero) to use against anyone.

Great post, however, we’re gonna get pumped!

I bet Mac's son is not saying that to his ticketless grandbairn otherwise it
might not be worth going down!

Great post, however, we’re gonna get pumped!

I think there's too much confidence towards the London Mancs and we've hardly been mentioned as having a chance. I think we'll turn up for the first time at Wembley in my lifetime. Can feel it.

Ive lived through Liverpool 1974, we lost 3-0 in the FA Cup final. Man City 1976, 2-1 defeat in the League cup final before the consecutive 2-0 FA Cup final defeats back to back in 98 and 99 to Arsenal and Man U. All game were shit and aside from Shearer hitting the post early doors against Arsenal, haven't looked like winning any of them.

This time feels different and hopefully it's not underwhelming after all this time waiting.

Even though we'll get walloped, getting to the latter stages of a cup and being above mid table shows we are on the way up finally after years of pure drivel.

We will only get stronger and in a few years hopefully we can really compete.

Even though we'll get walloped, getting to the latter stages of a cup and being above mid table shows we are on the way up finally after years of pure drivel.

We will only get stronger and in a few years hopefully we can really compete.
I'm looking forward to progressing to regularly beating/walloping the likes of the Mancs and Liverpool. Can't come soon enough

Hi Guys, First time caller (As Alan Robson used to say) and thought I'd sign up and join in the fun/discussion especially with our visit to Wembley this weekend. I'm going down on the Saturday morning and staying in cricklewood. What's everybody else's plans on here? Does anyone know if fans are heading down to Trafalgar on the Saturday for a meet up and sing? I personally think we'll give them a game, with or without Pope, but was betting on him winning the the whole thing for us on penners.....guess we'll have to do it the hard way now:) I just hope we put on a show.....if we do, I'll take the result on the day whatever it is, heads held high.

Alan Robson?! Flashing Blade?! You’re giving your age away there Sandy! Anyways - welcome!

Have a belting time - not going myself (tied with mrs’ shifts so passed up chance to enter ballot).

From my memories of Wembley weekends it was always Covent Garden the night before and defo Trafalgar Square from the morning of the game.

Alan Robson?! Flashing Blade?! You’re giving your age away there Sandy! Anyways - welcome!

Have a belting time - not going myself (tied with mrs’ shifts so passed up chance to enter ballot).

From my memories of Wembley weekends it was always Covent Garden the night before and defo Trafalgar Square from the morning of the game.
Aye, you're right, gives it away that I was child of the 70/80s......probably the last time I listened to metro radio was when he left! I've always went down on the day in the past, but this this time it's different in so many ways......want to make a weekend of it this time as feels like it might be the time we have been waiting for........ and if not it won't be the last over the next 4 to 5 year. The monster has stured in his Lair and the Geordies are coming.

Shit memories. The daughter and son in law to be, went down yesterday (Friday) and on checking in to their first hotel, went back to the car to get their stuff out only to find it had been robbed. Window smashed, the lot.

Obviously tickets and that were in their possession but all their clothes, Ipad, shoes etc. All gone. Can't get window fixed as it's too busy and short notice plus the coppers said it happens all the time. Conveniently for the hotel, their cctv wasn't working. Inside job more like. Probably getting a cut off the organised gangs more like.