Newcastle United v Man Utd League Cup Final Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

Newcastle United v Man Utd League Cup Final Thread

I was talking about some of us not seeing a cup final win. I've lived through 3 and haven't seen a goal
I'm 48 in August and still won't have seen them win anything. But 18 months ago I thought I would get to my grave without seeing them win anything, the hope is back and I don't go into every game expecting them to lose anymore.

Finally, a sober member of this board :grinning:

Been at work preparing for a trial tomorrow. You can blame the Legal Aid Agency for my sobriety as they fucked up and now I can’t instruct counsel.

I’ll save the proper assessment of what I did manage to watch for another day. Save for Almiron. He’s utter dog shit.

The team have overperformed this season and should be complimented for that.
I never expected us to beat Man u.
Need to address strikers next season.

The team have overperformed this season and should be complimented for that.
I never expected us to beat Man u.
Need to address strikers next season.
I'm a little bothered about the rest if this season Owl, the don't look to have many goals in them at all at present. There was several times there I was wondering if they had been told not to shoot at goal

61% possession, 15 shots only 2 on target tells the story. I not expect much for the rest of this season. Look forward to a big transfer window and next season

Well, that was it. I don't know who they were showing the cup. Looked like they all went away 🤣
I saw some great atmosphere from the nufc supporters.They were there to make something of it, wow! One side with black and white flags and the other...well...nothing really.
All focus back on the league now. I hope we can build further this season for a great next season to come.

😂 Anderson and Howey on the radio have worked him out, thankfully. He breaks down so many opportunities due to being a one trick pony.
It did occur to me that defences have him sussed, man ure defintely crowded him out today.

Wonder if his role as a defender is part of the problem as well though OM.
He uses a hell of a lot of energy in that system we play.

Pretty easy shift for Man utd that to be fair. We huffed and puffed (as they say) but never really looked like getting back on level terms. Squad still needs a lot of investment.

Great support as ever but unfortunately the same outcome it’s getting a little bit frustrating for a man of my age will it ever happen ffs.

Great support as ever but unfortunately the same outcome it’s getting a little bit frustrating for a man of my age will it ever happen ffs.
I used to be the same mate but then thought I have seen the good times and the bad times. The enjoyment at some of the games has been brilliant and being part of it was like no other experience. To see my lads embrace the game when I started taking them all those years ago even through the pre Keegan era I knew it was special. SBR put it a lot more eloquently than I ever could. A trophy would be nice but for me it's not the end of the world and not on any 'bucket list'. I'm too old anyway :grinning:

Now that the dust is settling we can look back at that and be proud of the effort.

For once you can go through things and make an argument that things could have been different but doing so may take away from what we are. We're a team in transition and a team of progress.

Our fans put on a display that put Manure to shame and it makes you think what their end would have looked like if their club hadn't given them all a free scarf.

Regardless of all that and for all our grumbles, we had more than enough half chances that could have been put away and on another day that raker from Jacob Murphy could have screamed in. There's also the fact that their first goal was offside and they can draw as many colours as they want on the screen. it was. The second goal a fluke that would most likely have been stopped by Nick Pope as his reflexes are sharper than Karius's.

Overall. Shit result but nowt but pride for us. If we get there again in the next couple of years then I reckon it'll be different.