NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 132 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post on face book saying it’s a nightmare take over Chris’s Farnell. Is the bloke behind it

Don't worry it's not true.

This is people putting out fake info to try and shit stir and get fans panicking and rock the boat when the takeover is going though- like the guy messaging me and Franco on here.

I expect there will be more of this, a mix of trolls trying to wind people up with fake insider news and maybe rival bidders trying to scupper the current bidders deal.

Nandy, Nixon and Admin all seem happy with the bidder and if it's the guys i think it could be we'll all be happy too.

What a load of bollocks. As if Martinez would risk his reputation to join voices with this bloke. The man is far more intelligent than that.

Admin have asked folk not to speculate, even Nixon is adhering to it, so on this occasion fans should just accept this and not do it in a public forum to avoid scuppering a deal.

I think the Martinez link is transparently shoe-horned into that story to make it fit the fact we have a Spanish bidder. If admin hadn't said there was a Spanish link i bet the same rubbish story would've been put up without the Martinez bit.

I think the Martinez link is transparently shoe-horned into that story to make it fit the fact we have a Spanish bidder. If admin hadn't said there was a Spanish link i bet the same rubbish story would've been put up without the Martinez bit.

Wander what Nixon is adhering to

Something else that was mentioned, was the fact that the Spanish group must live in the UK due to timing and quarantining rules etc

FFS just feckin wait. We have gone through 3 months of sheer hell and it seems some are just trying to make that hell last longer. A sizeable amount of funds has been given to admin so it's a very serious bid . Let's give these guys every bit of support and grant them their anonymity until they want it known. Any thread or posts on here speculating should be locked off. Feck the trolls let them put utter gash on facebook and Twitter its them who will end up being pissed off. Our clubs future is depending on this and we as fans have the chance of helping the cause by giving the bidders exactly what they want.

Something else that was mentioned, was the fact that the Spanish group must live in the UK due to timing and quarantining rules etc

This is one reason why people are assuming it's the Athletic Madrid part owner because he resides in England, adding things up together, you are gonna hear alot of random stuff in these two weeks, it's unavoidable unfortunately. Maybe they abide the quarantine laws and have actually been interested the last few weeks and only made a move once they was legally allowed to visit. Who knows.

They have been at the ground at the start of the week. Easy to have reps there and others join on confrence call from abroad if needed.

Yeung and Choi never came over but had UK based lawyers doing their dirty work.

FFS just feckin wait. We have gone through 3 months of sheer hell and it seems some are just trying to make that hell last longer. A sizeable amount of funds has been given to admin so it's a very serious bid . Let's give these guys every bit of support and grant them their anonymity until they want it known. Any thread or posts on here speculating should be locked off. Feck the trolls let them put utter gash on facebook and Twitter its them who will end up being pissed off. Our clubs future is depending on this and we as fans have the chance of helping the cause by giving the bidders exactly what they want.

I have said the same over and over again,
do some fans want the Latics kicked out the League,
because if this goes 'tits' up
due to some trying to be Hercule Poirot,
this is what's going to happen if we don't get a buyer very soon.

I have said the same over and over again,
do some fans want the Latics kicked out the League,
because if this goes 'tits' up
due to some trying to be Hercule Poirot,
this is what's going to happen if we don't get a buyer very soon.
it’s the times we live in can’t do nothing about it.

Don't worry it's not true.

This is people putting out fake info to try and shit stir and get fans panicking and rock the boat when the takeover is going though- like the guy messaging me and Franco on here.

I expect there will be more of this, a mix of trolls trying to wind people up with fake insider news and maybe rival bidders trying to scupper the current bidders deal.

Nandy, Nixon and Admin all seem happy with the bidder and if it's the guys i think it could be we'll all be happy too.
I don't think it's who you think it is (although we could be thinking of completely different people)!

I suspect whoever it is won't be the sexiest of owners on paper, (multibillionaires etc). But as long as they are a safe pair of hands with the best intentions of the club and it's fans at heart for the long term, that will do us all just fine I'm sure. As fans, what we need to do is dip into our pockets once again, buy match passes, buy club merchandise and try to give our new owner some vital revenue to show them that we are still here and waiting to get back into the ground to show our support.

I've given up on this season, for me the only goal should be staying up and if we can have a go for the Auto Windscreens Shield as well then that would be great fun. The long term goal needs to be making sure over the next 10 months that we can assemble a squad who can challenge for promotion in 2021-22.

I don't think it's who you think it is (although we could be thinking of completely different people)!

I suspect whoever it is won't be the sexiest of owners on paper, (multibillionaires etc). But as long as they are a safe pair of hands with the best intentions of the club and it's fans at heart for the long term, that will do us all just fine I'm sure. As fans, what we need to do is dip into our pockets once again, buy match passes, buy club merchandise and try to give our new owner some vital revenue to show them that we are still here and waiting to get back into the ground to show our support.

I've given up on this season, for me the only goal should be staying up and if we can have a go for the Auto Windscreens Shield as well then that would be great fun. The long term goal needs to be making sure over the next 10 months that we can assemble a squad who can challenge for promotion in 2021-22.

I think the days of football owners chasing the dream and running large annual loses is all but over. We are in the transition to a new approach and even if the people buying us have money they will all likely be looking at running the club in a self sustainable way.

I think everyone will be looking at a version of money ball.

I think the days of football owners chasing the dream and running large annual loses is all but over. We are in the transition to a new approach and even if the people buying us have money they will all likely be looking at running the club in a self sustainable way.

I think everyone will be looking at a version of money ball.
From that point of view look at Leicester City and how they went back to basics after an admin. They spent a decent amount on their squad for the premier league, but was just above the level of promoted teams, and well within their income levels.

We've proved we can produce some great and wanted youngsters, if we can have a system in place of getting these players into the first team they'll instantly be worth 10x, plus we'll then get a better level of player wanting to come to us.

I'm not sure "buying success" ever really worked for us, but having a little bit of money behind us to allow us to find the right players for the fit of the team worked wonders!

From that point of view look at Leicester City and how they went back to basics after an admin. They spent a decent amount on their squad for the premier league, but was just above the level of promoted teams, and well within their income levels.

We've proved we can produce some great and wanted youngsters, if we can have a system in place of getting these players into the first team they'll instantly be worth 10x, plus we'll then get a better level of player wanting to come to us.

I'm not sure "buying success" ever really worked for us, but having a little bit of money behind us to allow us to find the right players for the fit of the team worked wonders!

I think we were on the right track the last few seasons. Picking up Championship quality players like Robinson and Williams for low fees.

I'd like us to look into non league and pick up the likes of Jamal Lowe for peanuts rather than the fee we paid Portsmouth.
Obviously along with our own young players.

Sell a player a season and re invest then sustainability will be easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.