NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 130 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the opposite of surmising, i'm not believing the claims without evidence - i had a look and couldn't find anything. If the claims were true i don't think the evidence would be hard to find and they'd not be running any football club in Spain let alone buying another in the UK- so i'm not worried.

Neither am I. The negative nelly doom merchants on here are the same bedwetting troublemakers panic-mongering over covid.
We have a bidder who's paid a substantial commitment fee and wants us.
Staring liquidation down the barrel, what's not to get excited about that.
Latics is for life for me, not a Chinese takeaway

Let's wait until the EFL have rubber stamped it,

All these rumours may cause problems with the buyers,
people say naming the buyers will not put them off.

I blame the Admin for this.

The Admin should have kept quiet until it was passed by
the EFL, and everything was done and dusted.
Then people would have accused them of lying or doing some dodgy deal if any rumours had leaked out.
They can't win

A friendly message from our Warrior chums NOT

View attachment 42516
This is one of a few reasons why I detest the troglodytes.

I do sincerely hope that the new owners are rich enough not to need the rent and want a football only stadium... Then promptly boot the knuckle dragging buffoons out. Then we can all snigger when they go grovelling cap in hand to Leigh, asking pretty please can they play there. Ideally Leigh tell them where to go and they get booted out of the league for not having a venue. Then go bankrupt, never to sully the town's name with the stink of Rugby League ever again. Just thinking about that (albeit very unlikely) possibility has cheered me up 😊

I do sincerely hope that the new owners are rich enough not to need the rent and want a football only stadium... Then promptly boot the knuckle dragging buffoons out. Then we can all snigger when they go grovelling cap in hand to Leigh, asking pretty please can they play there. Ideally Leigh tell them where to go and they get booted out of the league for not having a venue. Then go bankrupt, never to sully the town's name with the stink of Rugby League ever again. Just thinking about that (albeit very unlikely) possibility has cheered me up 😊
Well I have never much liked them one little bit but after Pollard's little pretend act in offering to buy Latics when he was only really after the stadium I dislike them even more. However the rent they pay will be very handy in helping us get on our feet but the rent and their general contribution towards maintenance, business rates and pitch maintenance needs a big looking at and looking at in a way that reflects prices in 2020 and not the charitable prices Uncle Dave offered them when he dragged them to the stadium.

Then people would have accused them of lying or doing some dodgy deal if any rumours had leaked out.
They can't win
Oh they are winning alright - financially, laughing all the way to the bank
Will cry for em outside
Low life parasitic scumbags who've took our club for millions and will now attempt to bask in the glory of a deal.
Don't believe the hype nor forget that they could have advised this was not necessary in the first instance, nor who appointed em.

They can't win

“The preferred bidder who has experience in football has made it plain that they do not wish for their details to be made public until such time as the sale is completed and we are respecting this anonymity.

It's the buyers right to name their conditions to buy us,
Latics were in a no win situation, we were facing folding.

We would have run out of money by Christmas,
then we would have been liquidated.

Last edited:
Pessimist in me still thinks it will all go tits up...not because of any Internet discussion but it just seems too good to be true, so probably isn't.

Wasnt it Uncle Dave's business dealings in Spain that led to the "3 Amigos" coming to Wigan?. Maybe just Maybe Mr Whelan hasn't been as silent as we all thought and is why our potential new owners are also from Espana.

They should go play where their fan base is Horwich

Wasnt it Uncle Dave's business dealings in Spain that led to the "3 Amigos" coming to Wigan?. Maybe just Maybe Mr Whelan hasn't been as silent as we all thought and is why our potential new owners are also from Espana.
Doubt it very much whelan has ever spoken to these guys
Last time we heard from him was day of administration
He said I'll see if I can help or if there is anything I can do
Then vanished back to Barbados
If I had to guess I would say more martinez has been putting this club about in spain
Not whelan

Doubt Robbie will have the time to worry about us at the present when he is preparing his Belgium side to play England

Admin said that the bid has been accepted with a large deposit. Earlier in the process admin said they wanted a 100k despoit - if they have put that amount down they wont be walking away from that lightly. But at the same time there's little point testing their committment as Nandy, Nixon, Admin have all said the bidder wants to keep the details close to their chest. We appear to be onto a good thing with this bidder so we will just have to be patient for confirmation of who it is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.