NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 527 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I presume you're on the level there Bicky, and not saying that tongue in cheek.

You're fully entitled to your opinion. However, would you have guessed there'd been as many as 16 updates? I certainly wouldn't.

I was simply trying to provide a little context. I suppose some will still be pissed off with and critical of the SC.

Hey ho.

16 updates and we still learned bugger all, a bit like the Admins weekly updates, we wanted updating on matters not drivel.

They just fed us scraps when they were at a banquet!

Ah well. Some folk just aren't any good at learning stuff.

:shrug:

I've learned one thing fella, we've been lead up the garden path with people i once trusted to deliver the truth to the fans and not stab us in the back, it won't be forgotten either when this lot is finally over, these men are in cahoots with the Admins.

One question....Why weren't the fans allowed a voice or notified before the SC signed the dreaded NDA? After all they are supposed to be representing us.....Aren't they?

I've learned one thing fella, we've been lead up the garden path with people i once trusted to deliver the truth to the fans and not stab us in the back, it won't be forgotten either when this lot is finally over, these men are in cahoots with the Admins.

Are we to believe that these were fans' representatives, chairmen, managers, or some other entity? Regardless, just cos you (perceive) you were lied to by one group doesn't mean you should automatically mistrust another group.

As for the "in cahoots" with Admins comment, I reckon that's probably laughable ... oh, and I probably have the same basis as you do for that view.

One question....Why weren't the fans allowed a voice or notified before the SC signed the dreaded NDA? After all they are supposed to be representing us.....Aren't they?

Forgive me T&C, but what a daft comment. Let's consider that scenario:

So, the SC ask fans if they want 'em to sign an NDA, which would (largely) prohibit them from passing on any specific detail of any discussions which take place with Admins and potential buyers.

Let's assume:
- some fans (but less than half) say yes
- a slight majority of fans say no.
- some fans ask what the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority have to do with this.

Result - bugger all information

Yaaaaaayyy.

Please guys,let’s get back to thinking about the takeover and hopefully the good things that will follow......should any of our new owners read this thread,what will they think about the amount of bickering going on......at the end of the day,we are all Wigan athletic fans.......move on!

What do you think this is?
A democracy.

Please guys,let’s get back to thinking about the takeover and hopefully the good things that will follow......should any of our new owners read this thread,what will they think about the amount of bickering going on......at the end of the day,we are all Wigan athletic fans.......move on!
Charlz, this helps pass the time, so we don't dwell on how long it appears to be taking!

Also, I very very much doubt if any potential new owner would read this forum. If they did happen to though, then there are far more and far worse things to put them off than a debate about the SC !

As for the comment about all being Wigan Athletic fans, of course, you're right, but it would seem that there isn't a "one size fits all" here.

Good news that there's no bad news out today. Sounding hopeful.
(y)

I heard that the takeover has to be formally ratified at an EFL board meeting. Apparently the board meetings are each Thursday.

I think what you are referring to is the transfer of the football share. The bidders have already been passed as fit and proper, the next step is for the solicitors to draw up the contracts for both sides to sign and the cash to be paid over. Then the EFL will transfer the football share at their next committee meeting, which as you say are each Thursday.

I wouldn't be holding my breath for anything to happen this week.

There is one update, and that is the royal family are not racists.
As fans just let us concentrate on how the team is performing, and leave all the club politics behind. As Doris Day use to sing, Que Sers Sera, what will be will be.

Are we to believe that these were fans' representatives, chairmen, managers, or some other entity? Regardless, just cos you (perceive) you were lied to by one group doesn't mean you should automatically mistrust another group.

As for the "in cahoots" with Admins comment, I reckon that's probably laughable ... oh, and I probably have the same basis as you do for that view.

Forgive me T&C, but what a daft comment. Let's consider that scenario:

So, the SC ask fans if they want 'em to sign an NDA, which would (largely) prohibit them from passing on any specific detail of any discussions which take place with Admins and potential buyers.

Let's assume:
- some fans (but less than half) say yes
- a slight majority of fans say no.
- some fans ask what the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority have to do with this.

Result - bugger all information

Yaaaaaayyy.

We've had one decent statement from them and that was last week, other than that we've had fuck all!

Its a them and us scenario here, the SC promised at the outset they would keep fans (that they represent) in the loop, they haven't, even you can see that ffs!

Edit...This is what the SC promised.

"We keep our supporters and our local community at the heart of every decision we make"

Nothing daft at all about the comment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.