NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 526 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMB, main reason is solid business principles don't look like we've seen (in my opinion).

They should have reached out to people who could help them in areas they've struggled with.

You still haven't answered what I asked, who should they have reached out to ?

From what I can see you dont believe they've struggled with anything and done everything spot on, so from that point of view they didnt/dont need to reach out to anyone and fulfilled everything they ever hoped to do. I understand your opinion, and think you are entitled to it.

I have no doubt they have struggled at times, being thrust into a situation that is alien to them anyone would struggle, and who said I think everything they have done has been spot on? That does not mean they have not learned from that struggle. I know and said earlier of them that they have reached out for help.

Id vote for him on the committee, by virtue of him hold a different view point and therefore different group of fans.

So set the wheels in motion for an EGM.

I joined the supporters club, bought the t shirt, bought some car stickers (never recieved them) and donated on a few occasions.

If the SC had even mentioned the possibility of talking to Leneghan or the Rugby as part of any plan B, I wouldn't have donated a single penny.

I am not saying like some that I would rather us go out of business, but I would not have donated.

Dont get that at all Johnny. Its nowt to do with the parasites the reason to donate. I joined the SC donated quite a few bob bought the t shirt the home shirt the away shirt and paid the extra to have the SC logo on the front . These could have easily been the last ever Wigan Athletic shirts and had they cost 200 quid each I had to have them. This was all about saving Wigan Athletic and if the situation arises again I will donate it all again. The scruffs can go to hell for me but no matter what their involvement saving my beloved Latics is and always will be the priority.

I think you are missing the point.

No I wasn't. JK's point was that he wouldn't have donated if he'd thought Lenegan might be spoken to - never mind involved, just spoken to. That's what he said.

I responded that if all thought that way, then no-one would have donated anything, and there'd be no option to save the club.

No missed point whatsoever.

I know you feel slighted by the SC for not taking some of your attempts at support on board, but some of the points you then raise seem to treat it as a "them and us" situation.

They wanted to "save our club". Full stop. They weren't bothered about silly caveats such as "but without the help of so and so". They wanted to save the club, full stop.

I also feel a them and us situation...but with my fellow supporters on the SC. I've no doubt their intentions were honourable but as a blueprint for the future signing NDAs is not the way to go. I would rather there be no involvement in the process by any supporters organisation and all us singing from the same page. To keep the majority in the dark and being told to shut up and let them get on with it is disgusting.

It's left a nasty taste but we do need to move on together.

No just being honnest. Think football clubs are in for a big shock. In general. Like pubs. People. Stop going. Like I have Said before Have been. Coming with my grandkids. They have made it clear. They are not coming. Any more.

It'll either go one of 2 ways - people will either be that desperate to watch football in the flesh again that they'll be a temporary surge in attendances or (like you say) people have got out of the habit of going & don't come back & attendances will decline (across football in general & at Latics in particular considering we could have dropped 2 divisions since the last time people were allowed in).

From reading some comments though I think some people underestimate that once people get out of the habit of spending £20-£30 on football every week & have found other things to spend/save their money on/for how difficult it may be to persuade them to start giving the club that money again - and it'll have been 18 months between when they last went to a game & the start of the 21/22 season when fans are likely to be being let in again

I wonder why they kept the talks with Lenaghan hush hush?

What happened to the (empty) promise to keep fans in the loop at the start of the fundraiser?

"We keep our supporters and our local community at the heart of every decision we make'

Read WLatics post above you may learn something.... Then again.

"We keep our supporters and our local community at the heart of every decision we make'.

Exactly what decision do you think they made?? And what talks were kept "hush, hush?
It may have just been one conversation and initiated by Lennighan for all we know.
They have not said they would get into bed with Lennighan, no commitments have been made, just talking to someone with an interest, yet people like you spill your vitriol about the SC as if they had just agreed to sell the club to Warriers and allow them to have all of our assets.
Just a what if scenario, what if the club went bust and then it turned out we could have been saved if only the SC had spoken with Lennighan about a deal he had in mind which would keep us alive and not tied to Warriers in any way?
How negligent and irresponsible would the SC have been then?
Talking to someone at a time of crisis doesn't mean betrayal, it's just common sense.

I also feel a them and us situation...but with my fellow supporters on the SC. I've no doubt their intentions were honourable but as a blueprint for the future signing NDAs is not the way to go. I would rather there be no involvement in the process by any supporters organisation and all us singing from the same page. To keep the majority in the dark and being told to shut up and let them get on with it is disgusting.

It's left a nasty taste but we do need to move on together.

I tend to agree hindley that the signing of the NDA, with hindsight, may be seen to be a mis-step. However, as without it, the SC would have had no sight of potential buyers - and therefore, may not have picked up the bad vibes re the Spanish bid - , I suppose that considering everything, maybe it was a necessary evil.

Only the SC will really know. A lesson learned? Maybe.

As for keeping us in the dark? ........ for periods of time, yes they did. However, they did provide comms updates when they thought a) possible, and b) they were telling us something. As I've said previously, personally, I'd have done a monthly update, regardless of whether or not there was anything to tell ...... even though I know from experience that this approach has it's critics too.

As for telling people to "shut up", I presume you're paraphrasing Wlatic there. I guess only he and the SC will know the truth behind the nature of their exchange of views.

Football managers perform poorly, we're all critics.
Players perform poorly, we're all critics.
SC Committee members perform poorly, (or so we perceive), we're all critics.

What happens when critics perform poorly?

I tend to agree hindley that the signing of the NDA, with hindsight, may be seen to be a mis-step. However, as without it, the SC would have had no sight of potential buyers - and therefore, may not have picked up the bad vibes re the Spanish bid - , I suppose that considering everything, maybe it was a necessary evil.

Only the SC will really know. A lesson learned? Maybe.

As for keeping us in the dark? ........ for periods of time, yes they did. However, they did provide comms updates when they thought a) possible, and b) they were telling us something. As I've said previously, personally, I'd have done a monthly update, regardless of whether or not there was anything to tell ...... even though I know from experience that this approach has it's critics too.

As for telling people to "shut up", I presume you're paraphrasing Wlatic there. I guess only he and the SC will know the truth behind the nature of their exchange of views.

Football managers perform poorly, we're all critics.
Players perform poorly, we're all critics.
SC Committee members perform poorly, (or so we perceive), we're all critics.

What happens when critics perform poorly?

I think regular updates would have been welcome and at least given us the impression we were being kept in the loop. I also agree mate that we ( outside the loop ) were perhaps a bit too impatient but worry does that to you. Hopefully as soon as it's signed we can all put this nightmare behind us.

Oh and I'm trying to think of the last time I performed poorly....no, nowt coming to mind.

First time on here after time in the UAE and I thought it would be full of optimism about a takeover involving some really promising individuals,What must they be thinking if they are reading these threads,all it seems to be is supporters arguing amongst themselves trying to score points against each other about what the SC should or shouldn't have done!
We are hopefully on the verge of a much brighter future, let's celebrate that rather than plumb the depths and look forward instead!!

I think regular updates would have been welcome and at least given us the impression we were being kept in the loop. I also agree mate that we ( outside the loop ) were perhaps a bit too impatient but worry does that to you. Hopefully as soon as it's signed we can all put this nightmare behind us.

Oh and I'm trying to think of the last time I performed poorly....no, nowt coming to mind.

I get this viewpoint & I think communication could have been better but when admin weren't giving us updates they got criticised for not giving us updates.
When they started to give us updates every week, within a couple of weeks they started to get criticised for giving us updates when there was no real new information to give us & when they said they were only going to give us updates when there was new information to give us pretty much everyone said it was the right thing to do
Between the NDA's they signed and an undoubted lack of new information to give us at times then I'm sure the SC often felt stuck between a rock & a hard place.
On the Plan B & lack of telling us what that was or what it may involve I'm pretty certain that may have been because there were several Plan B options depending on what happened at Latics, to the ground, who they were talking to

My own feelings early on were that the SC were being to placid & comliant with admin and should have backed some of the protest ideas etc.. but in reality had they done that then they'd have been completely frozen out of the process

First time on here after time in the UAE and I thought it would be full of optimism about a takeover involving some really promising individuals,What must they be thinking if they are reading these threads,all it seems to be is supporters arguing amongst themselves trying to score points against each other about what the SC should or shouldn't have done!
We are hopefully on the verge of a much brighter future, let's celebrate that rather than plumb the depths and look forward instead!!

Maybe we wouldn't have been mithering either if we had been swanning around in hot climes interspersed with mawling with a horse's tooth every other day.

So

So who are your proven conspirators that are against the SC, take a look in a mirror over this it is you that is embarrassing.
Conspiritors? Who mentioned conspiritors ? It's not a coup FFS
If you wish to continually deny there are numbers of the fanbase - proven by the extrapolation of posters on here who are unhappy / concerned by the way the SC have managed this specifically in comms generally and in sharing detail of discussions with Leneghan specifically then there's no hope for you - keeping your fingers in your ears and shouting la la la does not mean "there is no other valid viewpoint but my own" - which is your consistent approach tbh

I thought I'd do a quick check of how many updates we've have from the SC. Here's what I found:

July 2 - Initial press release
July 3 - Fight for survival starts
July 6 - Open letter to EFL
July 9 - Update on general matters and fundraising
Aug 14 - Update on American bid
Aug 21 - Update re EFL response to open letter
Aug 25 - Update re questions to Admins
Aug 30 - General update
Sep 4 - Crowdfunder update
Sep 19 - Update re bidders
Sep 30 - Update re new bidder
Nov 3 - Update re use of donations with Spanish bid
Dec 4 - Update re EFL rejection of Cristo
Jan 5 - Update re Spanish pull-out
Jan 22 - General update including "Supporters Solution"
Mar 5 - Update re Bahrainis

16 updates in 9 months. I take it all back. My wish for a monthly update has been far exceeded. Granted, there have been a couple of periods with not much said, but generally, form a frequency view, there's no doubt the SC have not been keeping us fans in the dark.

Whether or not they could have told us more, only they and their consciences will know.

I'm sure some still won't be happy, but they'll just have to be another dwarf instead ............ though I expect there to be a lot of competition for Grumpy and Dopey. Maybe Bashful would be a good shout.

I thought I'd do a quick check of how many updates we've have from the SC. Here's what I found:

July 2 - Initial press release
July 3 - Fight for survival starts
July 6 - Open letter to EFL
July 9 - Update on general matters and fundraising
Aug 14 - Update on American bid
Aug 21 - Update re EFL response to open letter
Aug 25 - Update re questions to Admins
Aug 30 - General update
Sep 4 - Crowdfunder update
Sep 19 - Update re bidders
Sep 30 - Update re new bidder
Nov 3 - Update re use of donations with Spanish bid
Dec 4 - Update re EFL rejection of Cristo
Jan 5 - Update re Spanish pull-out
Jan 22 - General update including "Supporters Solution"
Mar 5 - Update re Bahrainis

16 updates in 9 months. I take it all back. My wish for a monthly update has been far exceeded. Granted, there have been a couple of periods with not much said, but generally, form a frequency view, there's no doubt the SC have not been keeping us fans in the dark.

Whether or not they could have told us more, only they and their consciences will know.

I'm sure some still won't be happy, but they'll just have to be another dwarf instead ............ though I expect there to be a lot of competition for Grumpy and Dopey. Maybe Bashful would be a good shout.
Only 16 updates in 9 month that's bloody awful
Shame on the sc

Only 16 updates in 9 month that's bloody awful
Shame on the sc
I presume you're on the level there Bicky, and not saying that tongue in cheek.

You're fully entitled to your opinion. However, would you have guessed there'd been as many as 16 updates? I certainly wouldn't.

I was simply trying to provide a little context. I suppose some will still be pissed off with and critical of the SC.

Hey ho.

I presume you're on the level there Bicky, and not saying that tongue in cheek.

You're fully entitled to your opinion. However, would you have guessed there'd been as many as 16 updates? I certainly wouldn't.

I was simply trying to provide a little context. I suppose some will still be pissed off with and critical of the SC.

Hey ho.
Lmb has given more updates than they have be it bllx like

Status
Not open for further replies.