NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 529 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow what a comeback. :downer:

But I've simply justifies an earlier comment, describing some of your posts/comments as childish, and then illustrated a perfect example.

A child would have exactly that attitude. They have it. I want it too.

To be fair, it's better than an attempt at a sarky comment (which again is quite child-like in it's nature) and a thumbs down emoji.

But I've simply justifies an earlier comment, describing some of your posts/comments as childish, and then illustrated a perfect example.

A child would have exactly that attitude. They have it. I want it too.

To be fair, it's better than an attempt at a sarky comment (which again is quite child-like in it's nature) and a thumbs down emoji.

How does your mind work Moonay? You're either disagreeing for the sake of it or you're on commission from Vital to keep the threads rolling. :unsure:

Well as I said before get yourself on the committee by forcing an EGM, that way you can put things right, seeing your numbers are so great it will be a doddle forcing the meeting.
You still haven't answered what I asked, who should they have reached out to ?

I have no doubt they have struggled at times, being thrust into a situation that is alien to them anyone would struggle, and who said I think everything they have done has been spot on? That does not mean they have not learned from that struggle. I know and said earlier of them that they have reached out for help.

So set the wheels in motion for an EGM.

From my talks with them they said they didn't have much business experience and their committee had people involved such as two ladies who make tea on the coaches. There wasn't time for them to engage with supporters to figure out their views. My point is poor planning causes issues and we've seen that.

Posting a notice on their website detailing the experience they need to fulfil their plan would have been a start. We live in the internet age, over the past year the majority of people have been working from home and during lockdown people have likely had more time they could help. The problem is the SC have a problem with trusting people and have no method of breaking up work so it can be delegated. That itself is bad business practise.

Im not eligible to help either on the committee or in general as I spend half the year outside the UK, but I can proxy vote in the EGM if Im not able to be physically present.

No I wasn't. JK's point was that he wouldn't have donated if he'd thought Lenegan might be spoken to - never mind involved, just spoken to. That's what he said.

I responded that if all thought that way, then no-one would have donated anything, and there'd be no option to save the club.

No missed point whatsoever.

I know you feel slighted by the SC for not taking some of your attempts at support on board, but some of the points you then raise seem to treat it as a "them and us" situation.

They wanted to "save our club". Full stop. They weren't bothered about silly caveats such as "but without the help of so and so". They wanted to save the club, full stop.
I dont feel slighted by them, I offered help they didn't need it.

Provided feedback which they agreed with and they haven't changed anything.

It comes down to process and they've been doing certain things wrong and continuing to make the same mistakes. Their interactions and communications have been like the movie Ground Hog Day. That kind of thing is very dangerous when you "invest" money into it and hope "they'll come good in the end". They simply wouldn't be able to run the club under Plan B.

Last edited:
How does your mind work Moonay? You're either disagreeing for the sake of it or you're on commission from Vital to keep the threads rolling. :unsure:

I used to play cricket, and (though I may not have been great at it), I was taught to play with a straight bat.

That's all I'm doing to some of your bizarre googlies T&C.

It helps to be patient also, as I think I'll need to be before you answer the points put to you. I'm fairly sure I've answered every one you've put to me.

Said it many times before, grand lad but shit with the old rod and line. Chris Norris could catch more and he wouldn't put a maggot on or unhook a Perch!
Aah, but I'm not the one trying to be J. R. Hartley here. (Book on Fly fishing? ....... BT Yellow Pages ad? ........ oh, forget it !)

I dont feel slighted by them, I offered help they didn't need it.

Provided feedback which they agreed with and they haven't changed anything.

It comes down to process and they've been doing certain things wrong and continuing to make the same mistakes. Their interactions and communications have been like the movie Ground Hog Day. That kind of thing is very dangerous when you "invest" money into it and hope "they'll come good in the end". They simply wouldn't be able to run the club under Plan B.

I really don't mean to be contrary Wlatic (especially with you, maybe just a little with T&C ;)) but haven't you contradicted yourself there. You say you offered help, but in your response to LMB, you said you're not eligible (I presume you meant available) to help, due to you working away.

Regardless, if you don't feel slighted, great.

Re their process, and actions, and mistakes, I probably agree with some of that. However, I'm not sure that makes them worthy of some of the criticism they've had (given their backgrounds).

However, I don't understand why you bring up investing money. They haven't done that. The Crowdfunded money is secure in an escrow account. If you're talking about going forward, in a scenario where we'd get ownership of the club under Plan B, then I'm sure they'd be looking to secure the services of people with the right background and experience.

You can't criticise them for something they haven't been called upon to do yet.

I really don't mean to be contrary Wlatic (especially with you, maybe just a little with T&C ;)) but haven't you contradicted yourself there. You say you offered help, but in your response to LMB, you said you're not eligible (I presume you meant available) to help, due to you working away.

Regardless, if you don't feel slighted, great.

Re their process, and actions, and mistakes, I probably agree with some of that. However, I'm not sure that makes them worthy of some of the criticism they've had (given their backgrounds).

However, I don't understand why you bring up investing money. They haven't done that. The Crowdfunded money is secure in an escrow account. If you're talking about going forward, in a scenario where we'd get ownership of the club under Plan B, then I'm sure they'd be looking to secure the services of people with the right background and experience.

You can't criticise them for something they haven't been called upon to do yet.

No I have / had time, always would for the club/SC, however the SC wants people local and from the sounds of it they work old school (The leader is a deputy head, so im guessing its ran like that vs a business in the modern fast paced world). With the world we live in project management is important and if you have no experience/ cant delegate of it you'll flounder (its how I make my money doing business process!).

"investing" was me investing money into the SC campaign (so you dont have issues with my use of the word here's a quote from the oxford english dictionary! "to spend money on something in order to make it better or more successful (in relation to an organisation)".

I completely understand you are judging the SC on what their (sad its not "our") people could do, but successful people/companies rarely have the right people/knowledge to start they just know how to ask the right questions and get the right help. This lays with our biggest disconnect, Im sad they didn't take the opportunity to be great, you are thankful they stepped up in the first place.

Funny that......Why didnt you challenge Hindleymon when he posted the same thing earlier?

Post 10,788

Right, I will clarify where I stand. I am , in general, behind the job the SC and what they are trying to do on all our behalf...but they just haven't communicated enough to me. Even when they have nowt to report they should have told us and not to worry as they as an organisation will stick up for our club.

It is only this communication issue that I find a problem...the rest I am behind them.

And moonay always picks you up on owt up till about 4 AM.

No I have / had time, always would for the club/SC, however the SC wants people local and from the sounds of it they work old school (The leader is a deputy head, so im guessing its ran like that vs a business in the modern fast paced world). With the world we live in project management is important and if you have no experience/ cant delegate of it you'll flounder (its how I make my money doing business process!).

"investing" was me investing money into the SC campaign (so you dont have issues with my use of the word here's a quote from the oxford english dictionary! "to spend money on something in order to make it better or more successful (in relation to an organisation)".

I completely understand you are judging the SC on what their (sad its not "our") people could do, but successful people/companies rarely have the right people/knowledge to start they just know how to ask the right questions and get the right help. This lays with our biggest disconnect, Im sad they didn't take the opportunity to be great, you are thankful they stepped up in the first place.

Fair enough. If it's local work that needs doing (knocking on doors, lifting and shifting, manning an office where people would come) then I see the logic, but given the number of people who are managing to work from home, in all kinds of sectors, you'd have thought that most things they're doing doesn't demand that physical proximity. Having been a School Governor, and part of a PTFA, I can assure you though that Heads and Deputy Heads are usually excellent at PM, and especially at delegating.

Got you re the investment. Presumably you mean as part of the consortium they were looking to put together.

I still think you're treating the SC as a company, which I know is what they want to be (and what they'll have to be) should the worst come to the worst, but currently, they're not ....... regardless of what's been filed at Co House.

As for taking the opportunity to become great, then who's to say that they wouldn't have. As it is, they were required to stand up, they did, and if all goes well with the Bahrainis, it looks like there won't be a requirement for them to be great....... or at least, not in such a short timescale.

It'll be interesting to see what happens at the next AGM. I hope they've got a big enough room to cope with all those who think they could have done better! (Not aimed at you by the way).
;)

Fair enough. If it's local work that needs doing (knocking on doors, lifting and shifting, manning an office where people would come) then I see the logic, but given the number of people who are managing to work from home, in all kinds of sectors, you'd have thought that most things they're doing doesn't demand that physical proximity. Having been a School Governor, and part of a PTFA, I can assure you though that Heads and Deputy Heads are usually excellent at PM, and especially at delegating.

Got you re the investment. Presumably you mean as part of the consortium they were looking to put together.

I still think you're treating the SC as a company, which I know is what they want to be (and what they'll have to be) should the worst come to the worst, but currently, they're not ....... regardless of what's been filed at Co House.

As for taking the opportunity to become great, then who's to say that they wouldn't have. As it is, they were required to stand up, they did, and if all goes well with the Bahrainis, it looks like there won't be a requirement for them to be great....... or at least, not in such a short timescale.

It'll be interesting to see what happens at the next AGM. I hope they've got a big enough room to cope with all those who think they could have done better! (Not aimed at you by the way).
;)

I'll be there and give my piece (might be via zoom, someone can hold up a tablet for me!).

Business and education are just hugely different and can be a very hard transition. You've echo'ed my thoughts on needing local people.

I'd think the majority of people on here would have been happy to see a system such as logging to something like Trello, viewing the tasks they needed doing (including organising focus groups, surveys etc.) and at very least could have done the grunt work or provided ideas for them. The model they really needed to take was akin to Open Source Software development vs [I tried to think of how i'd classify what they did and I cannot].

That kinda approach would also have engaged people, got things done more quickly, lessened the burden on just a few people, provided transparency etc etc. If nothing else they'd have seen a few people that did ok work/appear to be able to be trusted that they could have earmarked for future "Inner Group" functions. Better for Caroline to list out the "I'd like to do tasks" have people attempt to do them and she act as a moderator vs saying "If only i had time".

Have I missed something here with all this talk of refunds and donating the money to charity.
I thought one of the main reasons for the crowdfunder other than Plan B was to try to buy us the supporters a voice on the board so we could have some involvement in the club, and be in a position to help stop what has happened, happening again.

Status
Not open for further replies.