NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 524 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that is a totally unfair analogy, the amount of active users on here is a fraction of the support base as a whole, given that the vast majority of us on here are mouthy and opinionated who come on social media to spout our own propaganda and that concept is alien to general fans, and I would say the vast majority are not moaning about what statements the supporters club make weekly.
Just quoting your own numbers back 😉
And you know the vast majority are not moaning because......? Any proof rather than your own opinion ?

And you know the vast majority are not moaning because......? Any proof rather than your own opinion ?
Sounds like LMB is taking the SC route on this!

If only there was this thing invented, that allowed you to reach out quickly to people in different geographical locations and give them a sheet of paper to read and interact with. We could call it an interweb or something. It'd be great for gauging options!

I joined the supporters club, bought the t shirt, bought some car stickers (never recieved them) and donated on a few occasions.

If the SC had even mentioned the possibility of talking to Leneghan or the Rugby as part of any plan B, I wouldn't have donated a single penny.

I am not saying like some that I would rather us go out of business, but I would not have donated.

I think once we are allowed back in all clubs are likely to get an initial increase in attendance. You could argue that for Latics having almost ceased to exist it should even bigger - really hope so
It will depend on the league. L1 under new owners with one or two marquee signings (Grigg for example) and we might scrape around 7k home fans consistently throughout the season. L2 and I really fear for us. Floating fans won't leave the pub for Forest Green at home regardless of what we've been through rightly or wrongly.

I can’t wait to get back and I think that when this is all over there will be a renewed enthusiasm and optimism that will see our attendance be quite healthy,regardless of which division we are in

I am not saying like some that I would rather us go out of business, but I would not have donated.

........and so if we hadn't found a buyer, wouldn't this approach have made it more likely we'd go out of business ....... even though you didn't want that?

........and so if we hadn't found a buyer, wouldn't this approach have made it more likely we'd go out of business ....... even though you didn't want that?
Going out of business is subjective.

If the club survived but the club is now "they" rather than "we" the club would no longer exist, for some. My belief is most people would not support survival at any cost.

Last edited:

Based on 5 season ticket holders in my house, 0% are moaning, my best mate Worbo and his brother aren't, one of my other football mates who is an active supporters club member and close to the heart of things and tells me there a few but not many. Jay Taylor the club SLO who I bump into now and again when he is out walking tells me the great support they get from fans worried about the future, moonay, daleks and many on here (apologise if I have not mentioned you) are how I know the majority are not moaning, quite a straw poll there - but I am not using one of those many supportive fans to back up my theory.

I am going to use one person alone to prove my "opinion" is not just theory.

I have spent long frustrating nights having heated, sometimes nasty arguments with one person on every subject that both of us hold dear and defend, from politics to brexit and how the club was run under Whelan and especially Jonathan Jackson and even snowflakes sitting under cover in the DW , he never gave an inch of compromise ever.

Now if MIW thinks the supporters club have done a decent job that is all the proof I need.
😁😁

Last edited:
Sounds like LMB is taking the SC route on this!

If only there was this thing invented, that allowed you to reach out quickly to people in different geographical locations and give them a sheet of paper to read and interact with. We could call it an interweb or something. It'd be great for gauging options!
Why because a selected few are demanding they do so, get yourself elected and change that, there must be something in the SC constitution that allows members to call an EGM to deal with the current committee being not fit for purpose, I will even support you bid to call that meeting.

Going out of business is subjective.

If the club survived but the club is now "they" rather than "we" the club would no longer exist. My belief is most people would not support survival at any cost.

Lost me there Wlatic.

All I meant was that if people who wanted no communication with the Rugby whatsoever - or even the possibility of communication - hadn't donated any money, then it may well have been well short of the £700k raised, meaning it impossible - or at least, very difficult - to establish any kind of Phoenix club.

Lost me there Wlatic.

All I meant was that if people who wanted no communication with the Rugby whatsoever - or even the possibility of communication - hadn't donated any money, then it may well have been well short of the £700k raised, meaning it impossible - or at least, very difficult - to establish any kind of Phoenix club.

It would have been short of the 700k, but the SC could have easily avoided that type of thing happening, or betraying those people by consulting/opinion polls.

Status
Not open for further replies.