NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 521 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
To those people saying that the SC should have canvassed opinion, just curious how you see that happening in practice (I've asked this before but got no credible answer) ?

He's done it because it's occured to him that he's in the shit here.
If the new owners don't need his paltry rent he could soon be without a home and anchored at Robin Park.
For sure all the usual suspects will be bugging up the 2 clubs 1 town bollocks any time soon to attempt to pressure the new owners.
Let's hope the Bahrainis put Latics first and ensure Lenaghan and his cuckoos cough up fair value or get thrown out

The council won't give or will revoke the lease on the stadium if the new owners try to boot the rugby out as it's in the terms of the lease.
I also doubt that the first action of any new owners would be to boot out one of the main income streams for the stadium.
What I hope they'll do though is ensure that they pay a fair rent that can be used to contribute to the upkeep of the stadium & pitch and go some way to making sure the stadium doesn't continue to be a loss making, white elephant

To those people saying that the SC should have canvassed opinion, just curious how you see that happening in practice (I've asked this before but got no credible answer) ?

They could create a poll on their website along with the pro's & cons of each option
A log in for all the members of the supporters club &/or those who donated could be emailed out to ensure that not every Tom, Dick & Harry could vote

If you're referring to communicating with other agencies (and potential investors) then we have no idea whether or not that's true.
And there's the game - the absolute reason the SC are under fire and supporters are falling out with each other.
The net result of their endeavours is a field of discord sown across those who invested hard earned coin to save the club they love.
The NDA get out of jail default response is invalid as not everything was / is covered.

The council won't give or will revoke the lease on the stadium if the new owners try to boot the rugby out as it's in the terms of the lease.
I also doubt that the first action of any new owners would be to boot out one of the main income streams for the stadium.
What I hope they'll do though is ensure that they pay a fair rent that can be used to contribute to the upkeep of the stadium & pitch and go some way to making sure the stadium doesn't continue to be a loss making, white elephant
As long as they pay a fair market rent - say an average of other ground shares currently in operation then no problem.
There should be less pandering to them in terms of stadium look and feel as it is Latics stadium.
If they refuse to pay market rate the council will have no reason to revoke anything.
The fact is they have lived off Whelans charity for years is coming back to bite them and rightly so

They could create a poll on their website along with the pro's & cons of each option
A log in for all the members of the supporters club &/or those who donated could be emailed out to ensure that not every Tom, Dick & Harry could vote
Exactly - this is so easy to arrange

A - do you want us to save the club come what may?
B - even if we're tenants of the rugby?
C - how about being a Phoenix Club at Robin Park?
D - what about taking money from Lenegan to leave the DW?

How on earth do we get a consensus on these (or similar) questions? Do we go for simple majorities, knowing that we'd then piss off maybe almost half of those who respond?

The SC were trying to make sure the unthinkable didn't happen. I'm really really not sure why anyone would have any problem with that.

Markham does follow him back and likes his tweets too. As does that irish bloke. Mal does not though but does not seem to use Twitter much. I do think if It was fake a reliable source would have said by now
Has anyone verified that Twitter account is real? The account follows the other directors and the SC but none of them appear to follow him back which makes me think it's someone trolling. Also why does he post pics of a hat but not a picture of himself wearing it, i think best to take it with a pinch of salt.
If you had looked they do follow him back🙄

How on earth do we get a consensus on these (or similar) questions? Do we go for simple majorities, knowing that we'd then piss off maybe almost half of those who respond?

The SC were trying to make sure the unthinkable didn't happen. I'm really really not sure why anyone would have any problem with that.
You missed off would you go only to away games if we where tenants to leneghan

I think that's an excellent option Moonay.
It's democratic and correct - first pass the post per GE, Indy Vote and Brexit should be employed - it's our societies DNA. Will all be happy ? no. Would it be fair ? absolutely

As long as they pay a fair market rent - say an average of other ground shares currently in operation then no problem.
There should be less pandering to them in terms of stadium look and feel as it is Latics stadium.
If they refuse to pay market rate the council will have no reason to revoke anything.
The fact is they have lived off Whelans charity for years is coming back to bite them and rightly so

To be honest I've no issue with the photos and stuff up in the concourses as the more it feels like a home to them, the more of them are likely to attend & the more rent Latics new owners can charge - if they're made to feel unwanted & unwelcome or that they're just lodgers the less are likely to attend. Just like people mentioning that they wouldn't have gone to home matches if Lenaghan had bought the stadium
If they want them flags up though they can pay for em to be taken up & down before every game
I'd agree on the rent but it does (IMO) need to be fair rent & one on equal terms to whatever Latics pay in terms of any % of gate receipts - and from something that was written on Wigantoday when Garrido's group got exclusivity is that you're right in that the issue of rent is between owner & lodger and not any of the council's business (unless like you say the rent becomes extortionate)

There's a damm sight more than an additional £350m being spent on the NHS right now and for the foreseeable 😘
Erm, I know that you're not trying to suggest that during the EU referendum, the intention was to spend the £350m on getting us through a pandemic, so your point is the really mootest of moot points.
;)

To be honest I've no issue with the photos and stuff up in the concourses as the more it feels like a home to them, the more of them are likely to attend & the more rent Latics new owners can charge - if they're made to feel unwanted & unwelcome or that they're just lodgers the less are likely to attend. Just like people mentioning that they wouldn't have gone to home matches if Lenaghan had bought the stadium
If they want them flags up though they can pay for em to be taken up & down before every game
I'd agree on the rent but it does (IMO) need to be fair rent & one on equal terms to whatever Latics pay in terms of any % of gate receipts - and from something that was written on Wigantoday when Garrido's group got exclusivity is that you're right in that the issue of rent is between owner & lodger and not any of the council's business (unless like you say the rent becomes extortionate)
Re flags - when the eggs season starts will they be removing the Latics flags currently round the ground ? Including the ones just commissioned ?

When is this bloody take over going to happen if ever, when will the marriage be made legal. I have not approached lizza for any information, fell out with her a few years ago now when she did no reply to me letter.
Yes it is going to be an exciting end to the season this relegation battle, good win last night and an important 3 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.