NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 520 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every word of this post is rubbish, can you post some facts and evidence to back your claims over the past 8/9 months.

Other than the fact Lenigan would have liked to buy the stadium, anyone in his position would want the same, where do you get your accusation he wanted us to "fold" from.
You are very protective of lenegahan relation of yours
I'm just taking piss lad

So if Lenegan managed to become part of a "plan B" (as a final resort) and purchased the stadium you and "the majority" would walk away, or if "B" / extinction are the only choices you/ they would choose to die ?
Yes we would walk away would never go into a rugby shrine
Go on say it oh well you are not fans
I would go away games only

Every word of this post is rubbish, can you post some facts and evidence to back your claims over the past 8/9 months.

Other than the fact Lenigan would have liked to buy the stadium, anyone in his position would want the same, where do you get your accusation he wanted us to "fold" from.
Hey talking of rubish how's your mate Frampton doing these days

Thing is moonay and I'm not being awkward with you
Only in Wigan do two sporting groups really hate each other hard to understand I know if you are not from wigan
For instance my next door neighbour well ex next door
We never spoke for ten years I hated the fecker
That's how it is I know if you are not a wigan it's hard to grasp
And it's not just one way they hate us too
I know it's old ground but it's set in stone with family's
Deep down Leneghan has his demons too
But mine is very deep
I get that Bicky, of course I do. I remember Lindsay's "smashing little club" speech. However, that doesn't make it right.

Of the rivalry, I'd say the attitude of fans is 25% hatred, 15% watch both teams and 60% ambivalence toward the other.

But it's still irrelevant. The SC (as far as I'm aware) weren't courting Lenegan. There's little point focusing hatred toward him onto the SC just because we add 2+ 2 and then make whatever number we fancy.

Its funny that the blame is being attributed to anyone else other than the transparent, open and honest SC. There is and has been no reason what so ever for them to keep the Plan B planning a secret.

Not sure what you're getting at here Wlatic. Most of us (as far as I can see) aren't trying to attribute blame anywhere.

Some, seem intent on blaming the SC for a number of issues, a lack of more frequent comms updates (mainly saying "we can't tell you 'owt") seemingly being the main one.

I for one wanted to know little of Plan B planning ....... as I never wanted it to happen.

Lmb I beg to differ they are fans we are all fans
Just that some can not and never ever be in a situation that let's them control us
Its hard I know but there is a majority think like I do

Sorry Bicky, but with a choice of
- stay at the DW as tenants,
or
- go out of existance

I'm pretty sure more fans would go with the former than the latter.

It's not a preference.

Sorry Bicky, but with a choice of
- stay at the DW as tenants,
or
- go out of existance

I'm pretty sure more fans would go with the former than the latter.

It's not a preference.

The point is us as fans gave them the money to make any such decision and you would hope that they would have had the decency to consult with a wider audience than a couple of folk who go on club coaches each week to make such a huge strategic decision. As Wlatic says there were other possibilities but the communication skills of those running the SC was shambolic at best. Seems to me like they've been puppets throughout this whole episode and given little to nothing back to us fans. Just hope the money they have raised goes to a good cause going forward with new members on board to drive it forward as the existence of a supporters trust could ensure what happened the last 12 months won't happen again.

I get that Bicky, of course I do. I remember Lindsay's "smashing little club" speech. However, that doesn't make it right.

Of the rivalry, I'd say the attitude of fans is 25% hatred, 15% watch both teams and 60% ambivalence toward the other.

But it's still irrelevant. The SC (as far as I'm aware) weren't courting Lenegan. There's little point focusing hatred toward him onto the SC just because we add 2+ 2 and then make whatever number we fancy.
So out of 8000 core Latics fans you reckon 1200 watch rugby ? - more like 12 !

:arrghh:

The point is us as fans gave them the money to make any such decision and you would hope that they would have had the decency to consult with a wider audience than a couple of folk who go on club coaches each week to make such a huge strategic decision. .

We gave them the money for the (very clearly) stated reason on the crowdfunding page. If there were any decisions to be made, I'm not sure that trying to consult with nearly five and a half thousand people would be a workable idea.

As Wlatic says there were other possibilities but the communication skills of those running the SC was shambolic at best. .

"Shambolic"? Really? Too infrequent, granted. Not sufficiently informative, understandably. But shambolic? How? Why?

If you're referring to communicating with other agencies (and potential investors) then we have no idea whether or not that's true. We have an account from Wlatic, which may or may not be representative of the way the SC generally conducted themselves throughout this whole saga.

. Seems to me like they've been puppets throughout this whole episode and given little to nothing back to us fans. Just hope the money they have raised goes to a good cause going forward with new members on board to drive it forward as the existence of a supporters trust could ensure what happened the last 12 months won't happen again.

Puppets operated by whom?

What did you want them to give back to you?

The money raised will almost certainly be returned to those who made the donations. Why would it go to a good cause? That isn't why it was given.

A Supporters Trust won't ever affect the owners deciding to sell the club. As for new members getting on board, well let's hope that they're at least as articulate and passionate as the current SC Chair(wo)man.

So out of 8000 core Latics fans you reckon 1200 watch rugby ? - more like 12 !

I took a shot. It may be too high. I think we both know it's somewhere between our two numbers ................. but I bet it's nearer to mine than yours.

If the club or SC wish to return the money why cant we send the whole lot to Derian House. My life doesn't revolve around receiving it back and if anybody can't survive without it shouldn't have donated it in the 1st place.

Yes we would walk away would never go into a rugby shrine
Go on say it oh well you are not fans
I would go away games only

I'm with Bicky on this, if Pollard had bought the stadium it would have meant a rugby shrine.
I said months ago i wouldnt step foot in that stadium again and would only go to away games.

Would i still be a Latics fan?

If the club or SC wish to return the money why cant we send the whole lot to Derian House. My life doesn't revolve around receiving it back and if anybody can't survive without it shouldn't have donated it in the 1st place.

I guess that decision would be up to individuals Hindley. I suppose the SC feel they don't have that mandate to use it for anything other than what was specifically stated ....... and quite rightly so.

I guess that decision would be up to individuals Hindley. I suppose the SC feel they don't have that mandate to use it for anything other than what was specifically stated ....... and quite rightly so.

I the event of the money being returned then mine would be redirected to DH.

Status
Not open for further replies.