NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 517 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that was plan B and the SC were setting that up my donation would have withdrawn - someone needs to ask some awkward questions on this - if true
a. What were / are they thinking ?
b. How dare they ? and without any consultation (the result of which would have been a big đź–•from large numbers of donors for sure)
c. Are Nandy and Wigan Council aware of and standing behind this joke of a plan ?

Would rather start up in North West Counties as a Phoenix than prostrate in front of Pollard and give him ÂŁ800k to limp along to longer term demise whilst gifting the stadium to the devious get.
Really hope the Bahrain deal gets done more than ever now
Leneghan i only wanted training ground and stadium not wigan athletic
Well ffcks that would have left us owning nothing
Yes i know some will say but what else could we do , but to me that plan b would be like a real death knell any way
And plan b was always mentioned by lisa nandy funny how quiet she has gone

I note Pollard is still lurking. Claims he’s tried to join several consortiums and is ready to get involved....Sounds like he’s arse licking to me in anticipation of being asked to pay his fair dues for use of the stadium.

Sooner the Bahrainis wrap this up deal the better imo.

Asking myself why he has done this media interview and I suspect he is worried that there hasn't been any discussions with the potential new owners.

The directors follow that account like that Tom Markham guy. And someone messaged his linkedin profile which gives me an indication it could be legit.

And nobody that is in the position to call it be have not yet.

I just had a look and it appears the alleged Talal account follows Markham and Brannigan but neither follow him back.

There is a LinkedIn Profile with the same picture and name but there is no info about his company or anything to really verify that either.

I just had a look and it appears the alleged Talal account follows Markham and Brannigan but neither follow him back.

There is a LinkedIn Profile with the same picture and name but there is no info about his company or anything to really verify that either.

Markham does follow him back and likes his tweets too. As does that irish bloke. Mal does not though but does not seem to use Twitter much. I do think if It was fake a reliable source would have said by now.

Asking myself why he has done this media interview and I suspect he is worried that there hasn't been any discussions with the potential new owners.

It is strange that the Bahraini's haven't spoken to him yet considering he is going to be their tenant. You are probably right he is trying to give them a nudge to get in touch by doing the interview.

Really no need to talk to Leneghan afterall they are only lodgers and have little or no role to play
All they need to do is keep up with the rent

If that was plan B and the SC were setting that up my donation would have withdrawn - someone needs to ask some awkward questions on this - if true
a. What were / are they thinking ?
b. How dare they ? and without any consultation (the result of which would have been a big đź–•from large numbers of donors for sure)
c. Are Nandy and Wigan Council aware of and standing behind this joke of a plan ?

Would rather start up in North West Counties as a Phoenix than prostrate in front of Pollard and give him ÂŁ800k to limp along to longer term demise whilst gifting the stadium to the devious get.
Really hope the Bahrain deal gets done more than ever now

I've already asked them (Caroline of the supporters club) if they intended on consulting the fans / those who donated about any deal and was told they wouldn't be (I also pointed out throughout this they should have been taking opinion polls, to at least seem they are proactively looking for fan apporval of their direction, and was told it was a good idea but they didn't have time [This to me is verging on unforgiveable, someone/people not understanding what they've taken on and that "Their group" went in the wrong direction shortly after forming. In my opinion work should have been done early on to try and gauge views from across our fans and then use this to ensure they were going in the right direction]).

In regards to what they are thinking its pretty much anything to keep the club alive and Plan B really was a last chance saloon, so although it sounds really bad at least we'd of had some sort of club.

Based on what we've been told (in the press) Nandy and the Council were behind /on board with plan B

He's done it because it's occured to him that he's in the shit here.
If the new owners don't need his paltry rent he could soon be without a home and anchored at Robin Park.
For sure all the usual suspects will be bugging up the 2 clubs 1 town bollocks any time soon to attempt to pressure the new owners.
Let's hope the Bahrainis put Latics first and ensure Lenaghan and his cuckoos cough up fair value or get thrown out

It is strange that the Bahraini's haven't spoken to him yet considering he is going to be their tenant. You are probably right he is trying to give them a nudge to get in touch by doing the interview.
Yea and i bet the bahrain group will take our lodger on too
Only conversation they might have is to up their rent

Based on what we've been told (in the press) Nandy and the Council were behind /on board with plan B

I'm sure they were......🙄
Disappointing though hardly surprising given prior egg chasing support.
As for the SC it simply beggars belief - I am genuinely amazed that they thought this would be in any way acceptable.

He's done it because it's occured to him that he's in the shit here.
If the new owners don't need his paltry rent he could soon be without a home and anchored at Robin Park.
For sure all the usual suspects will be bugging up the 2 clubs 1 town bollocks any time soon to attempt to pressure the new owners.
Let's hope the Bahrainis put Latics first and ensure Lenaghan and his cuckoos cough up fair value or get thrown out

Based on what we've seen reported about previous dealings with the council Im sure they'll do everything they can to keep the "fair deal", however from what I remember reading about the lease in the IEC deal they could have upped the rent if they wanted to.

Plan B was a last resort.

Plan B gave no money whatsoever to Lenegan. Zilch.

Plan B was a way of keeping WAFC going if we couldn't find a buyer.

Why don't people understand this? It wasn't desirable. There was probably efforts to enhance it, by getting additional investors, but in it's purest state, it was a Phoenix club.

Plan B was no-one's preferred option. ............ not without a significant level of additional investment.

I've already asked them (Caroline of the supporters club) if they intended on consulting the fans / those who donated about any deal and was told they wouldn't be (I also pointed out throughout this they should have been taking opinion polls, to at least seem they are proactively looking for fan apporval of their direction, and was told it was a good idea but they didn't have time [This to me is verging on unforgiveable, someone/people not understanding what they've taken on and that "Their group" went in the wrong direction shortly after forming. In my opinion work should have been done early on to try and gauge views from across our fans and then use this to ensure they were going in the right direction]).

In regards to what they are thinking its pretty much anything to keep the club alive and Plan B really was a last chance saloon, so although it sounds really bad at least we'd of had some sort of club.

Understandable that nandy council where behind plan b and wanted ownership of stadium in the hands of the beloved rugby club and pollard
Always has been a click
Pollard is a worried man knowing if deal gets done we will be in safe and experienced hands and people with money
He wanted us to fold and get things on the cheap no matter what shyte he is spouting now

Plan B was a last resort.

Plan B gave no money whatsoever to Lenegan. Zilch.

Plan B was a way of keeping WAFC going if we couldn't find a buyer.

Why don't people understand this? It wasn't desirable. There was probably efforts to enhance it, by getting additional investors, but in it's purest state, it was a Phoenix club.

Plan B was no-one's preferred option. ............ not without a significant level of additional investment.

Moonay there was actually offers to help fund further investment / put people in touch who would likely sponsor / fund which was refused.

Most peoples point here is that "At all costs" is completely different for people and no consultation with anyone has been had, nor was it going to be had.

I'm sure they were......🙄
Disappointing though hardly surprising given prior egg chasing support.
As for the SC it simply beggars belief - I am genuinely amazed that they thought this would be in any way acceptable.
After speaking to them I'm not because there plan b was "At any cost" and my belief is that the way they were going to go about it was going to cost the club its place in the league and a lot of the fan base anyway. But they wouldn't know either way as they didn't want / bother to / care about gauging opinion and they were being advised by people who were "around" (Trigger warning) when the issues happened.

Moonay there was actually offers to help fund further investment / put people in touch who would likely sponsor / fund which was refused.

Most peoples point here is that "At all costs" is completely different for people and no consultation with anyone has been had, nor was it going to be had.

Bang out of order. Can't take people's money and then not let them decide.

It's not real. Come on.

For a start, Nixon's report in The Sun has his name as Al Hammadi, not Hammad.

The follows he has from other board members will be in response to him following them.

Superb pisstake, but trust Wigginers to bite!

His name is definitely Al-Hammad - seems that 'Al-Hammadi' was a misspelling in Nixon's article.

I've no doubt there were discussions ...... .but from what I've heard, (at least some of) those offers weren't refused. Maybe some were ......some weren't. Maybe for good reasons.

I don't know what you mean by "at all costs".

Why the need for consultation when

a) the intent behind the fund was reasonably clear in the first place, and
b) there's been no need to implement a Plan B option.

Just had a look - Markham and Gottmann 'follow' the account, and Markham has liked two of Al-Hammad's tweets. Surely a guy with a PHD in football finance of all people wouldn't fall for a fake account purporting to be the prospective chairman of a football club?

Status
Not open for further replies.