NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 515 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oliver Gottmann was a senior Accountant for the Gibraltar Financial Services Department, which is now a private company, he owns and runs a Gibraltar investment company with wide ranging interests from sports management to high tech companies, he says on LinkedIn he is a champion for business and company growth.

Looking at all those involved they look very experienced in their own field and if that transferrs to the future running of WAFC it can only be good for the club.
One thing I don't think we have had a CFO before.

Oliver Gottmann was a senior Accountant for the Gibraltar Financial Services Department, which is now a private company, he owns and runs a Gibraltar investment company with wide ranging interests from sports management to high tech companies, he says on LinkedIn he is a champion for business and company growth.

Looking at all those involved they look very experienced in their own field and if that transferrs to the future running of WAFC it can only be good for the club.
One thing I don't think we have had a CFO before.

Looking at the team that has been put together and the range of skills being brought in it is hard to see any weaknesses. I think the skill sets being brought together and the experience in financial and business matters all bode well for the club being run in a sustainable way.

I think the days of the stadium being a white elephant may be behind us with the experience and expertise being brought in. I can also see there being funds available to develop the academy and secure its future as a breeding ground for future stars of the club. I believe this will be the way they are looking to recoup their outlay and progress the club onwards.

They are going into this with their eyes wide open, knowing what they are getting in to and looking to the future. Unlike our previous owners who were blinded by the chance of glory and looked to get us back into the PL on a shoestring then were suddenly shocked to find out that the path to the PL is littered with the aspirations of other such wannabe football club owners who fell short of their goal. They then panicked and sold us down the river due to their lack of knowledge and a poor grasp of what it takes to run a football club in the modern climate.

I believe these people know what they are about and have the knowledge and experience to realise that it will not be an immediate turnaround and that it will take patience and investment in time and money to see a return, but with the will to succeed I believe they will.

Looking at the team that has been put together and the range of skills being brought in it is hard to see any weaknesses. I think the skill sets being brought together and the experience in financial and business matters all bode well for the club being run in a sustainable way.

I think the days of the stadium being a white elephant may be behind us with the experience and expertise being brought in. I can also see there being funds available to develop the academy and secure its future as a breeding ground for future stars of the club. I believe this will be the way they are looking to recoup their outlay and progress the club onwards.

They are going into this with their eyes wide open, knowing what they are getting in to and looking to the future. Unlike our previous owners who were blinded by the chance of glory and looked to get us back into the PL on a shoestring then were suddenly shocked to find out that the path to the PL is littered with the aspirations of other such wannabe football club owners who fell short of their goal. They then panicked and sold us down the river due to their lack of knowledge and a poor grasp of what it takes to run a football club in the modern climate.

I believe these people know what they are about and have the knowledge and experience to realise that it will not be an immediate turnaround and that it will take patience and investment in time and money to see a return, but with the will to succeed I believe they will.

A good summary TB but would have waited till the deal was officially done before posting it.
Still cant quite believe it yet

Has anyone any idea when the deal will be sealed and announced to the press.....I’m just nervous after all this time and just want to get this over the line.

Has anyone any idea when the deal will be sealed and announced to the press.....I’m just nervous after all this time and just want to get this over the line.

Honestly Charlz I hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a little while yet. If rumours are accurate they only agreed the final deal with the admins last Friday, there will still be paperwork to be drawn up and lawyers involved which is rarely a speedy process.

I hope it’s sooner rather than later then we can all relax and look forward to a new beginning and a brighter future. I think I read from Allan Nixon somewhere that all that needs doing is signing on the dotted line and then handing over the money,so hopefully,not long.
Just one point,do you have to wait 5 days for the money to clear like when we put a cheque in the bank or is it different in this situation?

Its really looking good and is pretty much what excited me about the American bid, they had people dancing the dance who were going to use their experience to move us forward.

We've never had this level of experience in the business end of the club and if it meshes well and the backers have patients it could be a real turning point for the club, a real fresh start.

I hope it’s sooner rather than later then we can all relax and look forward to a new beginning and a brighter future. I think I read from Allan Nixon somewhere that all that needs doing is signing on the dotted line and then handing over the money,so hopefully,not long.
Just one point,do you have to wait 5 days for the money to clear like when we put a cheque in the bank or is it different in this situation?

Lets hope not "Im coming round the corner right now" comes to mind with the administrators.

I totally agree that GR and the academy are the jewels in the crown and need to be offered new contracts as a priority.

My problem with bringing in an "experienced " manager at this point is that it could disrupt the squad and cost us points as he settles in. I would much rather let LR see the season out as he obviously has the clubs best interests at heart and also the players seem to have a respect for him and are prepared to play for him.

If Leam feels that he wants to move on at the end of the season then no doubt he should do so and would go with the best wishes of all of us.

Kenny Williams is Head of Academy Recruitment and scouts the young lads.
He's the one we should be looking to keep.

I'm sure a bank transfer would do. It would be quicker.

I totally agree that GR and the academy are the jewels in the crown and need to be offered new contracts as a priority.

My problem with bringing in an "experienced " manager at this point is that it could disrupt the squad and cost us points as he settles in. I would much rather let LR see the season out as he obviously has the clubs best interests at heart and also the players seem to have a respect for him and are prepared to play for him.

If Leam feels that he wants to move on at the end of the season then no doubt he should do so and would go with the best wishes of all of us.

The flip side of that is Burton looked dead and buried leaking goals for fun then appointed Hasselbiank and they've transformed and shot up the league. If the new owners have someone in mind they might believe they will have an immediate impact and want to get them in immedietly to start evaluating what we have and need for next season.

There are loads of decent managers available but another factor is the lack of games remaining and lack of window may put off some of the better candidates. So they might be forced to stick with Richardson as they wait until summer to try for their chosen manager.

Also Richardson might welcome the opportunity to be replaced so he can reunite with Cook free from any sense of responsibility to see this season through.

It's difficult to know what all parties will want to do.

My best guess is we'll stay as we are at least initially. I think Richardson will most likely fancy staying until summer knowing if he wants to be a manager keeping us up is a good foot in the door and if he fails he has a job waiting at Ipswich. While the owners will probably be evaluating their options as they go and could make the change or stick depending on results and who wants the job.

Good summing up that TB. Hoping as well that the owners recognise and do all they can to allow the excellent work of our academy to continue, vital for the future that we keep Gregor and the rest of our academy team. As for Leam, they should speak to him, see what his feelings are about becoming a manager, maybe (regardless of Cook's inevitable job offer), he doesn't see himself in that role permanently. I'd certainly leave him in the job till the end of the season, got the respect of the lads and doing a great job, as others have said, whatever happens, he has the respect and gratitude of us all

The flip side of that is Burton looked dead and buried leaking goals for fun then appointed Hasselbiank and they've transformed and shot up the league. If the new owners have someone in mind they might believe they will have an immediate impact and want to get them in immedietly to start evaluating what we have and need for next season.

There are loads of decent managers available but another factor is the lack of games remaining and lack of window may put off some of the better candidates. So they might be forced to stick with Richardson as they wait until summer to try for their chosen manager.

Also Richardson might welcome the opportunity to be replaced so he can reunite with Cook free from any sense of responsibility to see this season through.

It's difficult to know what all parties will want to do.

My best guess is we'll stay as we are at least initially. I think Richardson will most likely fancy staying until summer knowing if he wants to be a manager keeping us up is a good foot in the door and if he fails he has a job waiting at Ipswich. While the owners will probably be evaluating their options as they go and could make the change or stick depending on results and who wants the job.
JFH was appointed on NYD right before the January transfer window and apparently Burton have signed very well in that window. Parachute JFH into Burton now with them in the same position as us (in admin, unable to sign players, a ragtag squad etc) and I guarantee he wouldn't be getting the same results he is now.

Last edited:
Just been past the stadium less than 15 minutes ago and no vans of any kind unfortunately unless they are on the players car park.

Just been past the stadium less than 15 minutes ago and no vans of any kind unfortunately unless they are on the players car park.

Apologies if it's a red herring. Saw a pic on twitter....... van in front of players lounge.

Wasn't someone I knew (saw it via someone else's "like"), so didn't know whether to trust it or not.

Apologies if it's a red herring. Saw a pic on twitter....... van in front of players lounge.

Wasn't someone I knew (saw it via someone else's "like"), so didn't know whether to trust it or not.
Lad been saying on Twitter he was at the ground doing maintainence work. ( not pitch related) Tweeted a few times saying he had seen a group of 8/9 go into one of the larger rooms. Everyone seemed jovial. then said 3 left all smiles. His company were in vans and have now left.

There was also a tweet last night from Talal Al Hammad which just said "Good Luck" and was liked by Tom Markham, which would make sense if there has been a meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.