NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 516 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
The flip side of that is Burton looked dead and buried leaking goals for fun then appointed Hasselbiank and they've transformed and shot up the league. If the new owners have someone in mind they might believe they will have an immediate impact and want to get them in immedietly to start evaluating what we have and need for next season.

There are loads of decent managers available but another factor is the lack of games remaining and lack of window may put off some of the better candidates. So they might be forced to stick with Richardson as they wait until summer to try for their chosen manager.

Also Richardson might welcome the opportunity to be replaced so he can reunite with Cook free from any sense of responsibility to see this season through.

It's difficult to know what all parties will want to do.

My best guess is we'll stay as we are at least initially. I think Richardson will most likely fancy staying until summer knowing if he wants to be a manager keeping us up is a good foot in the door and if he fails he has a job waiting at Ipswich. While the owners will probably be evaluating their options as they go and could make the change or stick depending on results and who wants the job.

I can't disagree with your example of JFH, but I would point out that he is not a stranger to the club as he has managed there previously. I would have been happy if PC had been re-appointed for us for instance, however although there is usually a new manager bounce with only 13 games to go do we really want to take the chance. In my opinion it is better the devil we know in this case.

I would still hope that any new owner would have the conversation and sound out how LR would feel about taking the position on and how he sees the future of the team going forward.

I note Pollard is still lurking. Claims he’s tried to join several consortiums and is ready to get involved....Sounds like he’s arse licking to me in anticipation of being asked to pay his fair dues for use of the stadium.
Get involved in what all he has to get involved with his making sure they pay their rent on time
Sooner the Bahrainis wrap this up deal the better imo.

I note Pollard is still lurking. Claims he’s tried to join several consortiums and is ready to get involved....Sounds like he’s arse licking to me in anticipation of being asked to pay his fair dues for use of the stadium.

Sooner the Bahrainis wrap this up deal the better imo.
Only involvement he needs is to make sure they pay their rent on time

Leneghan speaks on news now wigan athletic
Sorry can't do links
Yep, looks like the supporters club plan B would have been/will be very bad for the club:
"So Plan B, as it's often referred to, what happens if nobody buys Wigan Athletic? We are party to that, and we would be a contributing major party to that, if it came to the point there were no other solutions."

Also confirms all they wanted was the training ground and stadium:
"We've gone from us putting capital in, for the stadium or training ground for example, but we've never wanted to run Wigan Athletic."

Game going good today, hopefully big announcement tomorrow.

JFH was appointed on NYD right before the January transfer window and apparently Burton have signed very well in that window. Parachute JFH into Burton now with them in the same position as us (in admin, unable to sign players, a ragtag squad etc) and I guarantee he wouldn't be getting the same results he is now.

Burton don't have any money and a small wage bill, i think they paid a nominal fee for 1 player and the rest were all loans and frees, so pretty much shopping in the same market as us.

Burton don't have any money and a small wage bill, i think they paid a nominal fee for 1 player and the rest were all loans and frees, so pretty much shopping in the same market as us.
Yeah but to be fair Burton have been able to offer long term contracts and offer stability which we have not. So I would say we have been shopping in a lower pool of players.

Yep, looks like the supporters club plan B would have been/will be very bad for the club:
"So Plan B, as it's often referred to, what happens if nobody buys Wigan Athletic? We are party to that, and we would be a contributing major party to that, if it came to the point there were no other solutions."

Also confirms all they wanted was the training ground and stadium:
"We've gone from us putting capital in, for the stadium or training ground for example, but we've never wanted to run Wigan Athletic."

Game going good today, hopefully big announcement tomorrow.
Let's hope Bahrain group seal the deal
Leneghan shown his true colours can't believe sc would back this

Lad been saying on Twitter he was at the ground doing maintainence work. ( not pitch related) Tweeted a few times saying he had seen a group of 8/9 go into one of the larger rooms. Everyone seemed jovial. then said 3 left all smiles. His company were in vans and have now left.

There was also a tweet last night from Talal Al Hammad which just said "Good Luck" and was liked by Tom Markham, which would make sense if there has been a meeting.

Has anyone verified that Twitter account is real? The account follows the other directors and the SC but none of them appear to follow him back which makes me think it's someone trolling. Also why does he post pics of a hat but not a picture of himself wearing it, i think best to take it with a pinch of salt.

Has anyone verified that Twitter account is real? The account follows the other directors and the SC but none of them appear to follow him back which makes me think it's someone trolling. Also why does he post pics of a hat but not a picture of himself wearing it, i think best to take it with a pinch of salt.

The directors follow that account like that Tom Markham guy. And someone messaged his linkedin profile which gives me an indication it could be legit.

And nobody that is in the position to call it be have not yet.

It's not real. Come on.

For a start, Nixon's report in The Sun has his name as Al Hammadi, not Hammad.

The follows he has from other board members will be in response to him following them.

Superb pisstake, but trust Wigginers to bite!

"So Plan B, as it's often referred to, what happens if nobody buys Wigan Athletic? We are party to that, and we would be a contributing major party to that, if it came to the point there were no other options

If that was plan B and the SC were setting that up my donation would have withdrawn - someone needs to ask some awkward questions on this - if true
a. What were / are they thinking ?
b. How dare they ? and without any consultation (the result of which would have been a big 🖕from large numbers of donors for sure)
c. Are Nandy and Wigan Council aware of and standing behind this joke of a plan ?

Would rather start up in North West Counties as a Phoenix than prostrate in front of Pollard and give him £800k to limp along to longer term demise whilst gifting the stadium to the devious get.
Really hope the Bahrain deal gets done more than ever now

Status
Not open for further replies.