NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 504 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just playing devils advocate here Hampton but why can't both be true ?

Stanley says mid week that comms have gone cold.
SC confirm on Friday that they spoke to Barhrain group on Thursday.
Nixon confirms on Friday that Bathrain group activity has increased in the last 24 hours.

Is it just possible that Stanley's public statement gave the Bahraini's the kick up the arse that was needed to get them moving again ? If so, then you'd have to say well done Stanley, your tactic appears to have worked (albeit through gritted bloody teeth).
I agree Arthur but if that's the case it's an awful way of behaving towards a whole lot of people and I will never, ever personally be saying well done to anyone from Begbies after the carnage they have inflicted unnecessarily on our club

As T&C said all credit to you for stirring the SC into some form of comms 👏👏👏

However just to point out the extract from your mail - is that not exactly what I did and got called a hypocrite for 🤔

Just saying....😉

Here we go ......... English class time again !

Firstly, please see the disclaimer above re any stirring my message likely made.

As for the hypocrite comment, no, you were called a hypocrite for wanting the SC to spill the beans (when it would have been obvious from where they'd got their info), whilst at the same time, you :
a) at first didn't mention that your info was from "within" the club
b) you won't say who your !acquaintance" is (are you under an NDA?) and
c) you still haven't given any specific detail other than supporting someone else saying the Bahrainis had walked away, and there were no other buyers.

Trying very hard not to be snipey here...... just reflecting what was said.

:cheers:

Ta, but I doubt my message had much to do with it. The SC update came out pretty quickly soon afterwards. I suspect it was already in the pipeline .... in which case, they deserve credit for recognising the fact it was (desperately) needed.

As Wlatic says, it was very well composed too - far better than those from the Admins. Let's hope the SC take it on themselves to do their own weekly updsate from now on .........IN FACT, No, SCRUB THAT ..... let's hope no more are going to be required !!!

I disagree there, you instigated that pal. :yes:

I agree Arthur but if that's the case it's an awful way of behaving towards a whole lot of people and I will never, ever personally be saying well done to anyone from Begbies after the carnage they have inflicted unnecessarily on our club

I agree Hampton, as I said I was playing Devil's advocate. The sooner they are gone the better and I won't be wishing them a fond farewell.

I wondered if the Bahrains and Admin are in a bit of a tug of war over the finer points of the deal. Barhrains go awol to try to scare the admins into backing down, admins start public scaremongering to try to force the Bahrains back to the table. Is it coincidence that these rumours of new potential bidders happened to surface during these later negotiation stages. Wouldn't put it past Begbies to initiated some of this to try to force the Bahrains hand / timetable.

Malaysia press has said that a Malaysian business man is involved in the Royle and Gibson consortium. The unnamed Malaysian would be the second largest shareholder with 20%, no mention of how the other 80% would be divided.
They have proof of funds and have sent all documents to the EFL. They plan to build a new academy in the UK and also open one in Malaysia to find young players for Wigan Athletic in the future. Marketing operations will also be conducted by the Malaysian businessman and they plan to list us on the Malaysian stock exchange to get more investment from the country.

Lots of activity from Nixon today on us, quick recap from those without a Twitter:

- We shouldn't pay any attention to Stanley and his comments, the Bahraini negotiation is still ongoing. The idea the trail has 'gone cold' is not correct. at all

- Royle has got multiple new people involved in his bid, including the money coming from Malaysia which their press revealed.

- Loggenberg and Royle both been going back and forth answering questions from admin and are close to getting put through for their EFL test. This makes them much more credible rivals for the Bahrainis.

- Tracking the money on either 'wont be easy'

- To get to the EFL stage they need to put in all documents, Identify team members, prove you have cash for 2 years, prove where the cash comes from, and extreme details of your plans.

- The 2 new bids both willing to pay the full price.

- He doesn't think Bahrainis are looking at renegotiating the deal for -15 due to the risk of it.

- For about 10 weeks now the Bahrainis have been in the lead with no one else closer which has allowed them to take their time.

- News that other bidders getting closer has helped and seen the Bahrainis speed up in the last 24 hours.

- They obviously know Loggenberg is banned from being an owner but will have worked out a way to put a team together that his ban wont effect. There is a Chief Exec picked out with UK football experience and no red flags.

- The Bahrainis are trying to negotiate out the 200k admin were trying to take from future sales - it's not a snag that is killing the deal but i assume that is the hold up and admin are putting out stories in the press that they've walked away to try and make them look bad when it's admin trying to drain every last drop out of us. I know they are a business but after the damage they've done, the money they've already had out of us and they are still trying to take more rather than just sealing the deal...

- 'Admin say there is money to pay wages. So no reason why new owners have to put any in until that runs out. As long as there are owners when the cash runs out.'

- we wont end up liquidated, in the worst case is fans end up with it. Just a case of how much damage has been done by admin.

A lot more encouraging updated than the picture admin painted and it appears that things are moving and the hold up could be down to the negotiating over admin taking extra on top of their existing fees in future players sales (if i was the Bahrainis i'd be looking to remove that too tbf).

Overall admin appear to be the problem again.
WTF are these lot doing to our blood pressure, mental health and wellbeing? How many different emotions do we have to go through in 24 hours?
Gin shandy (tumbler, half gin, half lime and lemonade) time again shortly and see what's changed again before I pass out watching Later with Jools!!! Give me strength!!!

Fair point, but the SC said they had spoken to the Bahraini's about the situation, couldn't the Admins have done the same instead of going public and winding the fans up in the process?

Edit....If that was the admins plan to cause a shit storm amongst the fans then lets not give them the credit, it was one of our own that got the reaction needed.

I get the impression that the Bahrainis are pushing admin to give up their redicolus demand for 250k in future add ons and admin are trying to make them look bad in the media to by claiming the hold up is the Bahrainis getting cold feet rather than admin trying to get even more money out of the club. That's my guess.

Here we go ......... English class time again !

Firstly, please see the disclaimer above re any stirring my message likely made.

As for the hypocrite comment, no, you were called a hypocrite for wanting the SC to spill the beans (when it would have been obvious from where they'd got their info), whilst at the same time, you :
a) at first didn't mention that your info was from "within" the club
b) you won't say who your !acquaintance" is (are you under an NDA?) and
c) you still haven't given any specific detail other than supporting someone else saying the Bahrainis had walked away, and there were no other buyers.

Trying very hard not to be snipey here...... just reflecting what was said.

:cheers:
Do you know what Moonay you would make a very good stand in for Mrs Hampton 🤣
Let's disagree and move on.
My intentions were good. I may be lots of things but never a hypocrite- really sorry you think differently.
As noted earlier next time I simply won't bother.

Do you know what Moonay you would make a very good stand in for Mrs Hampton 🤣
Let's disagree and move on.
My intentions were good. I may be lots of things but never a hypocrite- really sorry you think differently.
As noted earlier next time I simply won't bother.
Bloody hell Hampton, I hope your wifes better looking than Moonay, I'm not saying he is an ugly fecker but he makes Ronaldinho look handsome.

I'll state the unpopular - but logical - view here.............
- regardless of how we think they've conducted themselves
- regardless of the level of their (ridiculous?) fee
- regardless of whether or not we think they deserve to be paid ......

..... they are entitled to be paid, and presumably.

For me, whether or not they get it from the Euxton money, or get some from future sales, it's irrelevant. The can't get more than their agreed fee ........ it's simply a matter of how they get it.

The Bahrainis whinging about the future £250k only means that they (Begbies) would have to be paid in total.

I'll state the unpopular - but logical - view here.............
- regardless of how we think they've conducted themselves
- regardless of the level of their (ridiculous?) fee
- regardless of whether or not we think they deserve to be paid ......

..... they are entitled to be paid, and presumably.

For me, whether or not they get it from the Euxton money, or get some from future sales, it's irrelevant. The can't get more than their agreed fee ........ it's simply a matter of how they get it.

The Bahrainis whinging about the future £250k only means that they (Begbies) would have to be paid in total.

Im not sure that is legally true.

They don't have an agreed fee, they have agreed fee's (ever increasing) and they've been agreed because they have the major creditor (Au Yeung) and his representatives going along with everything they do.

They have a code of ethics:
https://www.icaew.com/-/media/corpo...verview-of-the-insolvency-code-of-ethics.ashx

I personally believe they've broken a few parts of this and as result recently filed a complaint with the Insolvency Service. It'd be good for someone to look over the legal agreements they have in place with Au Yeung and see if they have legal standing!

I wasn't sure about the eventual actual fee Wlatic, but my point was more to do with how it's funded.

The option of using a proportion of potential future sell ons or performance payments males sense to me. Saves money now, and it's simply a (small) missed opportunity in months to come.

I wasn't sure about the eventual actual fee Wlatic, but my point was more to do with how it's funded.

The option of using a proportion of potential future sell ons or performance payments males sense to me. Saves money now, and it's simply a (small) missed opportunity in months to come.
They've been very very careful about the language they've used about how its to be paid, to the point where it'll annoy a lot of people and they'll say "well we did say...". The more people sign up as creditors and complain (not to them directly, but to 3rd parties that govern them) the more likely they'll have to do something about it.

They cannot charge Wigan Athletic for complaints that are directed at them as a business and their business processes!

Status
Not open for further replies.