NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 506 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t know if it’s good news until we find out who they are exactly and their backgrounds. Sounds like it’s all about putting the money down now...

Nixon with the scoop again. Someone check on loudmouth blue!

You'd hope that, if they've agreed a price, they intend on paying it. Then again, you never know with our luck..

Nixon says on Twitter they intend to pay the full 3 million (thus avoiding the deduction either this season or next) and is 'quite encouraged' by who the people involved domestically are, saying the guy running it is a 'very experienced operator'.

Last edited:
Why would blokes from Bahrain be interested in Wigan? After our last experience with foreign investors can't say its exciting.

Wouldn't that logic apply to any bidder that hadn't had a season ticket for 30 years and a tree and crown tattoo on their chest? It's a business decision and they've seen potential. They will undoubtedly release a statement detailing their plans if and when the deal is completed. I would say anyone still interested in us after the complete savaging of our assets is welcomed news indeed

Wouldn't that logic apply to any bidder that hadn't had a season ticket for 30 years and a tree and crown tattoo on their chest? It's a business decision and they've seen potential. They will undoubtedly release a statement detailing their plans if and when the deal is completed. I would say anyone still interested in us after the complete savaging of our assets is welcomed news indeed

Maybe I'm wary after our last dalliance.

Think it’s more than fair to be concerned, can you blame any fan after what happened? I’m concerned, I don’t know who they are, their background, how much money they have, why on earth a L2 bound football club interests them enough to pay 3 million quid to buy it and that’s before all the costs that come with investing into the club to improve it, alongside the general daily costs.

However, like everyone else, I’m happy to be convinced otherwise by them when they reveal themselves and their intentions for the future.

Maybe I'm wary after our last dalliance.

I get that but if you look at it another way, the training ground has gone, there's no players of any real value, we're possibly heading to league 2 (although I'm holding out hope), and they've seen first hand that they can't give the stadium away. The only way they can get any return on their investment is by working hard and improving it. I think we've all earned the right to be wary of any bid after what we've been through, but try to take it as a potential end to this turmoil

Edit - I should probably tag on to this, if you're a Bahraini businessman, ignore what I've said. You're getting a cracking investment 😉

Think it’s more than fair to be concerned, can you blame any fan after what happened? I’m concerned, I don’t know who they are, their background, how much money they have, why on earth a L2 bound football club interests them enough to pay 3 million quid to buy it and that’s before all the costs that come with investing into the club to improve it, alongside the general daily costs.

However, like everyone else, I’m happy to be convinced otherwise by them when they reveal themselves and their intentions for the future.

Sounds balanced. Will try and remain positive. Its been an emotional battering this year for most of us and like us all I just wanna watch the team we all love again without some leeches running us.

You'd hope that, if they've agreed a price, they intend on paying it. Then again, you never know with our luck..

Nixon says on Twitter they intend to pay the full 3 million (thus avoiding the deduction either this season or next) and is 'quite encouraged' by who the people involved domestically are, saying the guy running it is a 'very experienced operator'.
Been told the guy who will be running it has experience up in Scotland, running a club there previously. All signs are encouraging at the moment but I’m trying to contain myself until It’s all confirmed!

Why would blokes from Bahrain be interested in Wigan? After our last experience with foreign investors can't say its exciting.

Jesus Christ. Club is on its arse, been ripped to pieces by numerous pieces of low life scum and someone is riding in on a white horse to rescue us. I appreciate we don’t yet know who they are or what their plans are but let’s at least show some gratitude and enthusiasm until we know different.

Jesus Christ. Club is on its arse, been ripped to pieces by numerous pieces of low life scum and someone is riding in on a white horse to rescue us. I appreciate we don’t yet know who they are or what their plans are but let’s at least show some gratitude and enthusiasm until we know different.
Flaming hell MIW you're turning into a right softy, not sure which I find more alarming the old cynical nasty you or the new tolerant version 🤔 :LOL::LOL:

It was known about on Wednesday, the meeting some fans had with Stanley yesterday organised by PAUL KENDRICK was to confirm the progress, but the minor issues had not been sorted so nothing was announced.

Did you attend LMB and if so was there anything of note that you can share which hasn't already been communicated ?

Flaming hell MIW you're turning into a right softy, not sure which I find more alarming the old cynical nasty you or the new tolerant version 🤔 :LOL::LOL:

We’re never too old to reflect and learn 😉 Thought I’d make a more conscious effort this new year to be less confrontational/argumentative (I even stepped back out of the new brexit thread) and more positive on here. I emphasis the word less - give it to 5 o’clock and another Jones howler I maybe changing my tune! On a serious note the end to this nightmare seems close - be strange not to be relieved and positive about it. Hopefully a nice promotion campaign next season or two in league 2 when we’re allowed back in to bring back the feel good factor.

Stanley couldn't lie straight in bed the despicable piece of shite. Krasner the same and hopefully neither will ever be involved with a club again. These scum fuck admin pricks have sold us down the river and raped us at every opportunity. Let's hope one day we all have the satisfaction of seeing the bastards accounting for their treatment of our great club. Hoping this is the news we have been waiting for and the takeover is close COYL

Status
Not open for further replies.