NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 476 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a quick listen to the bit with Caroline and Adam and unless I missed something elsewhere, absolutely nothing to report, which wasn't the impression Barry seemed to have of what they were going to say tonight, when he mentioned the SC appearing on tonight's podcast

Not the first time this has happened , I dont know whether to be concerned or if its certain people get a bit giddy and ahead of themselves.

Listened to the podcast & I get both sides of the argument regarding the SC, with some saying we should no more & others saying the SC will tell us what they can. Maybe certain people myself included were expecting a big(ish) announcement from the SC who were guests on the podcast so to hear nothing that we haven't already heard brought us / me back down to earth. I get what Adam & Caroline were saying that they are extremely frustrated at not being able to say much & anything they do say has to be legally checked - very much caught in the middle, dammed if they do, dammed if they don't. IMO they said nothing new but were more than happy to praise everyones efforts, be that LN, EFL, Admins or supporters but to me they should just leave all the thank yous till it's all done & dusted. Saying that it's a difficult job they are doing, not many would do that so we should be grateful for that. The podcast was very interesting with 2 of our current 1st team in DG & CL.....Great to hear from the inside in how it's going, how they're coping & how they are aware of the fans feelings & fears. So hats off to the podcast team altho I'm going to make sure I don't get to over excited or get my hopes up next time they tell us that there's some 'good news' about our takeover.

Listened to the podcast & I get both sides of the argument regarding the SC, with some saying we should no more & others saying the SC will tell us what they can. Maybe certain people myself included were expecting a big(ish) announcement from the SC who were guests on the podcast so to hear nothing that we haven't already heard brought us / me back down to earth. I get what Adam & Caroline were saying that they are extremely frustrated at not being able to say much & anything they do say has to be legally checked - very much caught in the middle, dammed if they do, dammed if they don't. IMO they said nothing new but were more than happy to praise everyones efforts, be that LN, EFL, Admins or supporters but to me they should just leave all the thank yous till it's all done & dusted. Saying that it's a difficult job they are doing, not many would do that so we should be grateful for that. The podcast was very interesting with 2 of our current 1st team in DG & CL.....Great to hear from the inside in how it's going, how they're coping & how they are aware of the fans feelings & fears. So hats off to the podcast team altho I'm going to make sure I don't get to over excited or get my hopes up next time they tell us that there's some 'good news' about our takeover.
Tbf the supporters club did not say they was going to be doing an announcement today. Fans where led to believe it on Sundays pwu podcast and then the was nothing to dampen that expectation throughout the week. Which then Went into overdrive with nixons announcement today. I don't think the supporters club can be blamed for that. I think If anyone is to blame it would be the people who raised people's expectations. Especially when it is not the first time it has happened with this podcast.

So sad that all the positives shared from inside the squad can't be mirrored by the SC reps saying nowt , sharing nowt, bot acceptable IMO

If the worst scenario happens and it all goes tits up the SC will have to answer some serious questions about their involvement in all this...namely this sitting on their hands. Obviously if things work out these questions will not be asked. They better get some good answers ready just in case because it could get messy.

Why has that slimy snake Stanley given the usual bullshit "it's a slow process nothing happening" speech on Wednesday and not Friday as normal.

If the worst scenario happens and it all goes tits up the SC will have to answer some serious questions about their involvement in all this...namely this sitting on their hands. Obviously if things work out these questions will not be asked. They better get some good answers ready just in case because it could get messy.
What could the SC have done, how will they be culpable if things do go tits up, their involvement in all this has been on the side lines in the main, to observe and perhaps ask questions, they have no clout as they are not the sellers or prospective buyers by keeping stum they are being allowed to remain in the position they are.

What would you prefer no fans involvement whatsoever, because that is the alternative.

What could the SC have done, how will they be culpable if things do go tits up, their involvement in all this has been on the side lines in the main, to observe and perhaps ask questions, they have no clout as they are not the sellers or prospective buyers by keeping stum they are being allowed to remain in the position they are.

What would you prefer no fans involvement whatsoever, because that is the alternative.

How has them being involved improved the situation. It's like having a seat on the front row with nobody else in the stadium.

The fear is ordinary fans feel excluded and could lose interest in the whole thing.

Surely, if the worst happens, and it all goes tits up, then the ability to put together a rescue package - initiated by the SC - is what will save us.

How have they sat on their hands? Given that they've had discussions with most bidders (we're led to believe), how can they have been sat on their hands? you/we don't know what they've been doing. Granted, they may not have been as communicative as some would have liked, but that's not to say they've been sat on their bloody hands!

FFS. You're lining up the scapegoats already!

How has them being involved improved the situation. It's like having a seat on the front row with nobody else in the stadium.

The fear is ordinary fans feel excluded and could lose interest in the whole thing.
I think this plan b thing will blow up in their face they they have not got the money for it, but for some reason they are making out it is genuine option and will happen if the club does not get bought out of anyone else.They should of just kept the money for what it was originally for. Which was to buy a stake in the club from a new owner or to keep the club alive longer if things got really desperate. Instead of floating this idea of a fan buy out.

Surely, if the worst happens, and it all goes tits up, then the ability to put together a rescue package - initiated by the SC - is what will save us.

How have they sat on their hands? Given that they've had discussions with most bidders (we're led to believe), how can they have been sat on their hands? you/we don't know what they've been doing. Granted, they may not have been as communicative as some would have liked, but that's not to say they've been sat on their bloody hands!

FFS. You're lining up the scapegoats already!

Their involvement has been irrelevant but if you're content that's all that matters.

Their involvement has been irrelevant but if you're content that's all that matters.

Given that you don't know the extent to which they've been involved, I think it's fair to say that this is presumption on your part.

I'm content insomuch as they seem to have aired concerns re one bidder, who subsequently left the process, and they made the provision for club to continue should the worst happen.

I think this plan b thing will blow up in their face they they have not got the money for it, but for some reason they are making out it is genuine option and will happen if the club does not get bought out of anyone else.They should of just kept the money for what it was originally for. Which was to buy a stake in the club from a new owner or to keep the club alive longer if things got really desperate. Instead of floating this idea of a fan buy out.

I can't help feeling that you've grasped the wrong end of the wrong stick here GG. As far as I'm aware, the SC have never put forward the idea of a fans buy-out. ...................... other than (as you say) if things got really desperate.

There's little doubt that if this particular scenario were to present itself, then it's likely that the club would struggle to continue at it's present level, and may have to drop down the structure.......... unless of course, other investors had been found in the meantime.

Given that you don't know the extent to which they've been involved, I think it's fair to say that this is presumption on your part.

I'm content insomuch as they seem to have aired concerns re one bidder, who subsequently left the process, and they made the provision for club to continue should the worst happen.

I can't help feeling that you've grasped the wrong end of the wrong stick here GG. As far as I'm aware, the SC have never put forward the idea of a fans buy-out. ...................... other than (as you say) if things got really desperate.

There's little doubt that if this particular scenario were to present itself, then it's likely that the club would struggle to continue at it's present level, and may have to drop down the structure.......... unless of course, other investors had been found in the meantime.
Didn't Lisa nandy not say about council loans to fund the rest of the money in an interview? An doesn't the supporters club not keep saying this is a option they are looking into ie plan b? If I am wrong and they just want the club without the stadium and to drop down the leagues into non league as a very last resort. Then fair enough I can get behind that. But they could do with being more clear about that. Because I think lots of people don't realise that is what they mean.

I thought plan b was a last resort if desperate
Sc would run the football with a sale of the stadium to a said person
Allowing Sc to have funds to run the club at a low level
Then they would have to sell some of the quality youngsters we have left
Ie Joseph lang asgard Robinson
To keep the club going which I think would be league two possibly league one
For quite some time
But has it is a last resort and a desperate mesure
For a lot of fans would be a final nail in coffin
Especially with regards to stadium ownership
This is what I thought plan b will entail

Didn't Lisa nandy not say about council loans to fund the rest of the money in an interview? An doesn't the supporters club not keep saying this is a option they are looking into ie plan b? If I am wrong and they just want the club without the stadium and to drop down the leagues into non league as a very last resort. Then fair enough I can get behind that. But they could do with being more clear about that. Because I think lots of people don't realise that is what they mean.
GG, Their initial Plan B scope is listed here:
https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/save-wigan-athletic

Since then, I think that though they may have looked at trying to bolster that in some way (with council and other investors), in order to offer a "gap filler" if no buyer was found before the start of next season.......as we can't be in Admin then. However, I'm not aware that it's ever been expressed as a long term option.

Bicky, that's probably not a million miles away from my interpretation, (not sure about the standard mind you) based on what's stated on the crowdfunder site.

Are supporters club people not just ordinary fans that have been burdened by something none of them ever wanted or were prepared for.

Are supporters club people not just ordinary fans that have been burdened by something none of them ever wanted or were prepared for.

For me they got involved because they wanted to maybe to oversee the admin process, 8 months later these "ordinary fans" seemed to have bitten off more than they can chew.
They will have to keep going, if they pull out now all hell would break loose, i don't think anyone thought it would drag out this long, i for one thought it would have been done and dusted by Autumn at the latest.

No they haven't got the money but have managed to pull together enough people that can stop us going out of existence altogether should the worst happen, they are not and have never tried to make it out as a "genuine option", just a last resort which they all hope won't be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.