NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 477 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are supporters club people not just ordinary fans that have been burdened by something none of them ever wanted or were prepared for.
Don't think they are burdened nothing to stop them walking away if they don't want to do it
It's not has if they are being forced

GG, Their initial Plan B scope is listed here:
https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/save-wigan-athletic

Since then, I think that though they may have looked at trying to bolster that in some way (with council and other investors), in order to offer a "gap filler" if no buyer was found before the start of next season.......as we can't be in Admin then. However, I'm not aware that it's ever been expressed as a long term option.

Bicky, that's probably not a million miles away from my interpretation, (not sure about the standard mind you) based on what's stated on the crowdfunder site.
Yeah but without dropping down the leagues they don't have the funds to exercise this gap filler as it would take millions without stadium due to needing 5 million to keep the club running for two seasons. Which is what the efl require from any buyer. So the only option that leaves is dropping down the leagues to non league football. Which makes us less attractive to potential buyers. But would allow the supporters club to buy the club and keep it running with the funds raised

Don't think they are burdened nothing to stop them walking away if they don't want to do it
It's not has if they are being forced

Like i said further up the thread mate, they've bitten off more than they can chew, they daren't walk away now, they'll get slaughtered, they didn't expect it to be the long haul that its turned out to be.

For me they got involved because they wanted to maybe to oversee the admin process, 8 months later these "ordinary fans" seemed to have bitten off more than they can chew.
They will have to keep going, if they pull out now all hell would break loose, i don't think anyone thought it would drag out this long, i for one thought it would have been done and dusted by Autumn at the latest.

They got involved because of one thing and one thing alone, they were a group of fans who saw what could happen to their club if they didn't try to do something about it, if you are a paid member of the SC club or not we should all acknowledge their efforts, none of this is of their making and most fans know this.

There are enough on here who think the SC are not fit for purpose, organise a group among yourselves elect a committee, then approach the admins to demand the answers you seek, see how far that gets.

No they haven't got the money but have managed to pull together enough people that can stop us going out of existence altogether should the worst happen, they are not and have never tried to make it out as a "genuine option", just a last resort which they all hope won't be needed.
So does this mean dropping to non league then in the worst case scenario where they need to step in?

Like i said further up the thread mate, they've bitten off more than they can chew, they daren't walk away now, they'll get slaughtered, they didn't expect it to be the long haul that its turned out to be.
What I meant was each individual are not forced to be on the sc committee
I was pointing this out to lmb
That they are not burdened and can quit the post they have on the sc
I was not on about them walking away from the takeover process

There is something to stop them walking away its called WAFC, and if you cannot see that you are no fan.
I was not talking about them sc as a whole walking away from takeover process
I was talking about each person as an idividual they are not burdened as you say
They as an idividual can walk and leave their position on the sc commitee
And my loyalty to wafc is second to none

For me they got involved because they wanted to maybe to oversee the admin process, 8 months later these "ordinary fans" seemed to have bitten off more than they can chew.
They will have to keep going, if they pull out now all hell would break loose, i don't think anyone thought it would drag out this long, i for one thought it would have been done and dusted by Autumn at the latest.

Don't you think they simply thought they had a duty to get involved? ......... even though it was massively far removed from what they would normally do as a SC committee?

I'm fairly sure that plenty would have been calling them if they didn't actually get involved in any way.

Yeah but without dropping down the leagues they don't have the funds to exercise this gap filler as it would take millions without stadium due to needing 5 million to keep the club running for two seasons. Which is what the efl require from any buyer. So the only option that leaves is dropping down the leagues to non league football. Which makes us less attractive to potential buyers. But would allow the supporters club to buy the club and keep it running with the funds raised

I agree ......but don't you see that you've now successfully argued against your original post, re it being a fans buy out?

Anything they manage to do beyond the bare minimum you describe (with council or other involvement) would be a bonus, but as it's no means guaranteed, there's little point focusing on it .....yet.

Don't you think they simply thought they had a duty to get involved? ......... even though it was massively far removed from what they would normally do as a SC committee?

I'm fairly sure that plenty would have been calling them if they didn't actually get involved in any way.

Totally agree, no doubt their intentions were 100% back in the summer, to get behind the club and raise funds etc, my point is they didn't realise what they were getting involved in, hence the "bitten off more they can chew" comment.

I was not talking about them sc as a whole walking away from takeover process
I was talking about each person as an idividual they are not burdened as you say
They as an idividual can walk and leave their position on the sc commitee
And my loyalty to wafc is second to none

But to be fair mate, if they walked, and they didn't think there was someone to take their place, they'd probably feel as if they were walking away from WAFC.

I agree ......but don't you see that you've now successfully argued against your original post, re it being a fans buy out?

Anything they manage to do beyond the bare minimum you describe (with council or other involvement) would be a bonus, but as it's no means guaranteed, there's little point focusing on it .....yet.
I don't think I have argued against what I originally said. I might of misunderstood what they meant by last resort. But they have not been very clear on this if they do mean dropping down the leagues and I think alot people will of misunderstood this. So at the very least they need to communicate it better or like I said in my original post it will blow up in their face.

But to be fair mate, if they walked, and they didn't think there was someone to take their place, they'd probably feel as if they were walking away from WAFC.
My point being they are not forced and can quit at anytime
All I am saying they are not burdened

I don't think I have argued against what I originally said. I might of misunderstood what they meant by last resort. But they have not been very clear on this if they do mean dropping down the leagues and I think alot people will of misunderstood this. So at the very least they need to communicate it better or like I said in my original post it will blow up in their face.
You initially said .....
"........ I think this plan b thing will blow up in their face they they have not got the money for it, but for some reason they are making out it is genuine option and will happen if the club does not get bought out of anyone else.They should of just kept the money for what it was originally for......."

You now though accept that the only Plan B they put forward was the last resort option.

No worries though ....... I think we're all (well most) just appreciative of the efforts they've put in so far.............. even though we don't know exactly what they've done!

Some will think it's not much, others will think it's been quite demanding, both on their time, and on their emotional state.

My point being they are not forced and can quit at anytime
All I am saying they are not burdened
But if it were you on the SC ....... and you say your "loyalty to WAFC is second to none" ........ wouldn't you feel it as a burden, and feel you wouldn't simply be able to walk away?

But if it were you on the SC ....... and you say your "loyalty to WAFC is second to none" ........ wouldn't you feel it as a burden, and feel you wouldn't simply be able to walk away?
No I would not see it has a burden but as a honour to be involved with running the the sc
But and I will try once more to explain
I am not saying any individual will want to walk away from the sc committee
I am only stating they are as individuals not forced to remain or have their hands tied to be on the sc committee
And if any individual wanted to can resign
And still be loyal to wafc

You initially said .....
"........ I think this plan b thing will blow up in their face they they have not got the money for it, but for some reason they are making out it is genuine option and will happen if the club does not get bought out of anyone else.They should of just kept the money for what it was originally for......."

You now though accept that the only Plan B they put forward was the last resort option.

No worries though ....... I think we're all (well most) just appreciative of the efforts they've put in so far.............. even though we don't know exactly what they've done!

Some will think it's not much, others will think it's been quite demanding, both on their time, and on their emotional state.
I never said it wasn't a last resort if you actually look at what I wrote I put option that would happen if no one else bought the club ie a last resort. my argument was that the last resort is not viable due to a lack of funds and it will blow up in their face if we got to the point where they needed to step in and they couldn't because they don't have the funds to do it and keep us in the league. The only option then is for them to take us out the league. Which they have never once said would be a consequence of them buying the club. Which again would blow up in their face when fans realised the consequences of it. The only thing what I might of done is misunderstood the consequences of their last resort. Ie taking us out the league. But they have never actually come out and said that. That is just what you have implied without actually saying itand I just entertained for the. Sake of this discussion

Last edited:
I never said it wasn't a last resort if you actually look at what I wrote I put option that would happen if no one else bought the club ie a last resort. my argument was that the last resort is not viable due to a lack of funds and it will blow up in their face if we got to the point where they needed to step in and they couldn't because they don't have the funds to do it and keep us in the league. The only option then is for them to take us out the league. Which they have never once said would be a consequence of them buying the club. Which again would blow up in their face when fans realised the consequences of it. The only thing what I might of done is misunderstood the consequences of their last resort. Ie taking us out the league. But they have never actually come out and said that. That is just what you have implied without actually saying itand I just entertained for the. Sake of this discussion

GG I fear you are probably in a minority of people who thought that the SC's plan was to keep us in the EFL.

It would simply be impossible for them to raise sufficient capital funding to maintain a professional football club in league football. Their stated aim was to offer a plan "B" based on securing the future of the WAFC name and I am sure for the majority of us that entailed dropping out of the EFL and entering the lower end of the non league structure, moving out of the DW and starting over with a smaller leased stadium.

I have never seen them officially announce that but I am certain that that is the way that it would have to go unless they were able to secure financial backing from an outside source, who in that case would need to be vetted by the EFL in the same way as any other bidder. In which case why would the backer not want to head the bid with the SC as minority shareholders which I assume would then be plan "A".

Status
Not open for further replies.