NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 478 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also in the minority who expected the money donated to play a not insignificant part in keeping our club in the league and absolutely not to be playing in the NW Counties.
The fanfare was that it would be invested with a prospective buyer to enable a % of fan ownership to prevent a repetition of IEC.
This was progressing with the Spanish until the SC spat it's dummy out as the spanish were not willing to up the % share ownership.
Now, if folk are saying it was always as a lifeboat in non-league history is being re-written.

"We're still working very hard, every day", said Supporters Club chair Caroline Molyneux.

Would anyone like to speculate what it is they are working on every day ?

The fanfare was that it would be invested with a prospective buyer to enable a % of fan ownership to prevent a repetition of IEC.
This was progressing with the Spanish until the SC spat it's dummy out as the spanish were not willing to up the % share ownership.

Can you show us all one shred of evidence to back that preposterous claim. I am talking about the second part where you claim the "SC spat it's dummy out"

I'm also in the minority who expected the money donated to play a not insignificant part in keeping our club in the league and absolutely not to be playing in the NW Counties.
Now, if folk are saying it was always as a lifeboat in non-league history is being re-written.

Are you a songwriter mate?, .............. 'cos I think you've just made up your own version of the fanfare there Hampton.

Read what's on the Crowdfunder site. That's what the money was for. Very clearly stated.

You can't simply re-write your own version of history ......... not when the actual version exists for all to see and check against.

"We're still working very hard, every day", said Supporters Club chair Caroline Molyneux.

Still getting SC membership cards out.
Reviewing sale documentation and stakeholder agreements.
Liaising with other stakeholders where necessary (esp Council).

I must admit, I don't really know, but I imagine that'll be some of it.

The line about slot going on but we can't tell you has a real "us and them ring to it"
Here's an idea - amend the SC articles of association to include all SC members as NDA compliant and individually responsible for confidentiality by means of their membership - then email each member with a comprehensive and transparent account of activities.
It's more won't than can't IMO

Bollocks to that, first come first served, everyone has had plenty of time, nearly 9 months ffs!
The game is afoot as previously stated to spin this out until the very last second of the EFL deadline to start next season to the benefit of no one bar the admins

Can you show us all one shred of evidence to back that preposterous claim. I am talking about the second part where you claim the "SC spat it's dummy out"
Why else would they then come out and state being "unable to support the spanish bid" ?
More importantly why get involved at all with any bid if the crowdfunder was always a lifeboat to non-league 🤔

Are you a songwriter mate?, .............. 'cos I think you've just made up your own version of the fanfare there Hampton.

Read what's on the Crowdfunder site. That's what the money was for. Very clearly stated.

You can't simply re-write your own version of history ......... not when the actual version exists for all to see and check against.
Crowdfunder sites can be edited - anyone with a loose understanding of coding can do it 😉😂
Originally, when the crowdfunder was launched promises where made for high level donations of a individual names list within the ground, visits to one of our training grounds etc etc etc - not many NWC clubs can offer or do that !
Seems a little disconnected from current statements to me

Why get angry or frustrated about something you don't know? If you want to know, ask them..........but I still reckon what I put is some of it.
Neither angry or frustrated be better summed up as disappointed.
I've mailed them with my suggestion of an articles change will let you know if I get a reply 😉

Crowdfunder sites can be edited - anyone with a loose understanding of coding can do it 😉😂
Originally, when the crowdfunder was launched promises where made for high level donations of a individual names list within the ground, visits to one of our training grounds etc etc etc - not many NWC clubs can offer or do that !
Seems a little disconnected from current statements to me

You're mixing three things up.

The reason for wanting the money was made very clear........ as written. There's also an implication that we may buy into having representation on the club board even with a new buyer, but the doomsday scenario was clearly the driver.

All the stuff about visits etc is still there ........ on the right hand side, classed as "Rewards".

The individual names thing was for a memorial wall ........ I think that was organised by the Mudhutter lads, not the SC.

You're welcome.
;)

GG I fear you are probably in a minority of people who thought that the SC's plan was to keep us in the EFL.

It would simply be impossible for them to raise sufficient capital funding to maintain a professional football club in league football. Their stated aim was to offer a plan "B" based on securing the future of the WAFC name and I am sure for the majority of us that entailed dropping out of the EFL and entering the lower end of the non league structure, moving out of the DW and starting over with a smaller leased stadium.

I have never seen them officially announce that but I am certain that that is the way that it would have to go unless they were able to secure financial backing from an outside source, who in that case would need to be vetted by the EFL in the same way as any other bidder. In which case why would the backer not want to head the bid with the SC as minority shareholders which I assume would then be plan "A".
No the original plan was to buy a share in the club for a place on the board or if the was situation where the was no money and the club was looking at liquidation. Then to use the money to save the club by allowing it to keep the club going longer in the hope of finding a buyer. That was the original idea for it you just have to watch the interview jj and Carolyn did with Jay whittle when the fundraiser began. Where jj tells Jay multiple times it is not to buy the club outright as they can't afford it.
This only began to change when Lisa nandy started banging on about the fans owning the club and coming up with claims of local investment and council loans helping the fans to own the club. Which then led to Carolyn starting to say the same sort of stuff. The is only jj who seems have a real grasp of reality on it with him also stating in the pwu podcast after the Spanish pulled out. That the money will not be able to buy the club as the is not enough money.
You also claim it obvious about us dropping down the leagues in this last resort option. But I disagree the supporters club have said nothing to even imply giving up our league posistion. They also stated yesterday on the podcast whilst they have not got enough money at the mo as they would need 5-7 million. That they have plans in place of where they could get to. Which to me sounds like they are talking about increased investment.
Aswell as this the fan option is seen as a short term option to find new owners. But if we drop down the leagues and lose the stadium this then makes the club alot less attractive and the chance of new owners drops with it. As you are then buying non league club with no assets.

GG, just read the crowdfunder statement. It's very clear.

I'm sure that as time has passed, and further investment has been sought, they will have tried to give themselves additional options, but the initial aim was clear.

If no other bidders are successful, it's critical that we are READY TO ACT in order to secure the future of Wigan Athletic. Not just a football club, but an integral part of our community that helps to improve thousands of lives across Wigan.

• Having reached our initial target of £500,000 we are now aiming to push our campaign as far as it can go - with our next target being £750,000. Each pledge will make our voice stronger, and for every pledge of £250 or more YOU will be rewarded with a place in our future.

• We are working with key partners including Wigan Council, Wigan Athletic Community Trust, Jonathan Jackson and other backers to be ready to act to save our club.

• This funding will be used to support the future of the football club with community-ownership and supporter representation and influence at the highest level.

Status
Not open for further replies.