NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 413 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nandy said in WEP Frampton couldn't provide proof of funds.
PK twitter:
Sounds promising... 🤞

“They’re speaking to the Supporters Club daily, and it seems to be much more of a working partnership than we’ve seen"

“They told me they couldn’t progress with the Frampton bid because they couldn’t verify proof of funds”

#wafc

https://t.co/EeyOA9blWS
‐------
Time for a statement from the SC in my opnion to advise the current situation.

For what it's worth, I believe Frampton's interest was genuine. I believe that his interest in the wider infrastructure stuff was genuine too.

In (at least) one of his interviews, Frampton said that they'd undertaken similar projects elsewhere ......which basically follow the Man City model, whereby there's a degree of development and/or urban re-generation. . .........which will hopefully have peeved the Council into making some kind of protest to the Admins, to get them to apologise to Frampton and Jeffries, hopefully regain their interest, and then get their finger out and get the bloody deal done. (I have to admit, I'm not very optimistic on this front).

Hence the thread of questions I posted, hoping that he (through his UK contact) might provide some answers. Well, given all the tyre-kicker/fantasist allegations (cos apparently, he'd convinced no-one :rolleyes:), there'd be no better time to provide some answers ........................ you know, a little like Jim Bowen at the end of Bullesye .......... "Look at what you could have won", while flashing the Vs to the unbelievers.

Probably won't happen though............. and if the info in that article is genuine, it doesn't really matter.

In my view £3 million is not the stumbling block, it is the additional future running costs that would kill the deal.

The running costs are now at a very low level about 35K a week for player wages.
That is peants in the world of football.
Even if it were double, it would only need attendances of about 6,500 per match to cover it.
Anything from the EFL, sponsorship, TV money, transfers and the rent from the lodgers would be a bonus and could account for as much or more than the attendance money.

The running costs are now at a very low level about 35K a week for player wages.
That is peants in the world of football.
Even if it were double, it would only need attendances of about 6,500 per match to cover it.
Anything from the EFL, sponsorship, TV money, transfers and the rent from the lodgers would be a bonus and could account for as much or more than the attendance money.

That's not the whole cost though. Far from it. I'm not saying that they're anywhere near what they were, but the rates on the stadium needs sorting out for a start.

For what it's worth, I believe Frampton's interest was genuine. I believe that his interest in the wider infrastructure stuff was genuine too.

In (at least) one of his interviews, Frampton said that they'd undertaken similar projects elsewhere ......which basically follow the Man City model, whereby there's a degree of development and/or urban re-generation. . .........which will hopefully have peeved the Council into making some kind of protest to the Admins, to get them to apologise to Frampton and Jeffries, hopefully regain their interest, and then get their finger out and get the bloody deal done. (I have to admit, I'm not very optimistic on this front).

Hence the thread of questions I posted, hoping that he (through his UK contact) might provide some answers. Well, given all the tyre-kicker/fantasist allegations (cos apparently, he'd convinced no-one :rolleyes:), there'd be no better time to provide some answers ........................ you know, a little like Jim Bowen at the end of Bullesye .......... "Look at what you could have won", while flashing the Vs to the unbelievers.

Probably won't happen though............. and if the info in that article is genuine, it doesn't really matter.
I am also pretty sure his interest was real ( why wouldn't it be). It sounds like the verification of the funds was the issue, not the proof. Probably due to the Web of companies Jeffries owns.

As much as I respect the research you have done into owners and buyers you are wrong on what you say about the supporters club's limited company.

It is not a business.

It is a dormant limited company and will not become a business until it starts to trade, they/it can remain in this state for eternity as long as they pay c. £13 every year for a confirmation certificate from Companies House.

I fail to understand why so many seem to put so much belief into any company that has been formed recently indicating it has a WAFC connection, as though it is a sign of some sort of completed deal, it takes 10 minutes online to set up a limited company and costs a whopping £12, it then takes a day or two to have it formally recognised.
Please provide proof the company is dormant.

If dormant status hasn't been filed for an accepted it's not a dormant company/business. Normally a business doesn't have to do this until it's due to file it's first accounts, however doing this means the company is considered active.

I don't believe the rest is aimed towards myself.

Please provide proof the company is dormant.

If dormant status hasn't been filed for an accepted it's not a dormant company/business. Normally a business doesn't have to do this until it's due to file it's first accounts, however doing this means the company is considered active.

I don't believe the rest is aimed towards myself.
Wlatic, regardless of all the technicalities of filing (something I've no experience of), when I stated that the SC wasn't a business, I was really referring to the fact it has no full time employees to keep us updated....... just a small handful of volunteers.

I'm a director of our local cricket club, and yes, we're a ltd co, yes we raise funds, and yes, we try and make a profit each year .......but we're not a business.

The SC are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.