NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 414 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wlatic, regardless of all the technicalities of filing (something I've no experience of), when I stated that the SC wasn't a business, I was really referring to the fact it has no full time employees to keep us updated....... just a small handful of volunteers.

I'm a director of our local cricket club, and yes, we're a ltd co, yes we raise funds, and yes, we try and make a profit each year .......but we're not a business.

The SC are the same.

Oxford dictionary defines business as:
the activity of making, buying, selling or supplying goods or services for money

If you do any of "making, buying, selling or supplying goods or services" and charge money to people you are a business.

I understand you do not feel you are a traditional business.

Oxford dictionary defines business as:
the activity of making, buying, selling or supplying goods or services for money

If you do any of "making, buying, selling or supplying goods or services" and charge money to people you are a business.

I understand you do not feel you are a traditional business.
The prime aim of the cricket club is to play cricket. Fundraising - the bar, functions, sponsorship - is a by product ....a necessary evil.

The SC is exactly the same. ........their prime aim is to watch football, and organising functions and coaches are the by products. It just so happens to hold over half a million pounds of donations.......not just from members.

I still can't see how you can be so overtly critical of them.

Please provide proof the company is dormant.

If dormant status hasn't been filed for an accepted it's not a dormant company/business. Normally a business doesn't have to do this until it's due to file it's first accounts, however doing this means the company is considered active.

I don't believe the rest is aimed towards myself.

You are correct the last paragraph was not aimed at you.

You do not need to apply for dormant status, it is not a business until it starts trading , can you show me one deal that the supporters club has done as this new limited company.

If it's right, then it may have been to beat off any other bidders.
At this moment we just have to think which other bidders?All i can see at the moment is one group (Royle) trying to find a backer and not yet succeeding and an unidentified foreign group who are still looking at the numbers!He had a free run at it and still didn't get it done!

For what it's worth, I believe Frampton's interest was genuine. I believe that his interest in the wider infrastructure stuff was genuine too.

In (at least) one of his interviews, Frampton said that they'd undertaken similar projects elsewhere ......which basically follow the Man City model, whereby there's a degree of development and/or urban re-generation. . .........which will hopefully have peeved the Council into making some kind of protest to the Admins, to get them to apologise to Frampton and Jeffries, hopefully regain their interest, and then get their finger out and get the bloody deal done. (I have to admit, I'm not very optimistic on this front).

Hence the thread of questions I posted, hoping that he (through his UK contact) might provide some answers. Well, given all the tyre-kicker/fantasist allegations (cos apparently, he'd convinced no-one :rolleyes:), there'd be no better time to provide some answers ........................ you know, a little like Jim Bowen at the end of Bullesye .......... "Look at what you could have won", while flashing the Vs to the unbelievers.

Probably won't happen though............. and if the info in that article is genuine, it doesn't really matter.

What ever the reason for the collapse of the Frampton bid it was not the ability to prove they had enough money.Alistair Jeffries, the fellow behind it, has more than enough.

Amazing how once again some are believing these administrators version of events when it has been proven they have spent the last 6 months deceiving Latics fans.

Not sure how true it is but Frampton made a claim that paperwork had been supplied to the administrators showing proof of funds, which was rejected by beggbies who then demanded to speak to Alistar Jeffries bankers directly to get proof, at this point it is said he told them to get stuffed and withdrew his support for the bid.

The worry about this happening is Jeffries is reported to be still looking to invest in a English football club and will now concentrate his efforts elsewhere.

http://www.hfza.ae/blog/our-blog-1/...hore-repair-facility-in-hamriyah-free-zone-22

At this moment we just have to think which other bidders?All i can see at the moment is one group (Royle) trying to find a backer and not yet succeeding and an unidentified foreign group who are still looking at the numbers!He had a free run at it and still didn't get it done!
Oh, I agree, but according to Begbies, there's another ten, with at least 3 of them at an advanced stage.

I'm of course not saying I believe this, and I doubt Frampton did either .......but maybe it was worth them offering a little over the odds to improve their chances against any other potential bidders.

Wlatic, regardless of all the technicalities of filing (something I've no experience of), when I stated that the SC wasn't a business, I was really referring to the fact it has no full time employees to keep us updated....... just a small handful of volunteers.

I'm a director of our local cricket club, and yes, we're a ltd co, yes we raise funds, and yes, we try and make a profit each year .......but we're not a business.

The SC are the same.

Sorry moonay but whatever the reasons for tradi g as a limited company, the very fact you are registered as one and trading either to break even or make a profit you are classed as a business.

Oh, I agree, but according to Begbies, there's another ten, with at least 3 of them at an advanced stage.

I'm of course not saying I believe this, and I doubt Frampton did either .......but maybe it was worth them offering a little over the odds to improve their chances against any other potential bidders.

Sorry moonay but whatever the reasons for tradi g as a limited company, the very fact you are registered as one and trading either to break even or make a profit you are classed as a business.
I get that. However we neither act, nor are we expected to act (by our members) like a business.

That's all I was getting at.

God knows but some expert on face book said he had bid that amount

That seems to be par for the course, one fellow on Facebook claims he lives in the Isle of Man when he is posting Anti Wigan Council, anti Lisa Nandy/ Labour Party stuff even though this wS exposed as not being true.

I get that. However we neither act, nor are we expected to act (by our members) like a business.

That's all I was getting at.

Many businesses trade just like you Moonay but they legally are a business and subject to the same trading rules as any other UK business.
Can I ask is your club turnover big enough to qualify you for VAT.

Many businesses trade just like you Moonay but they legally are a business and subject to the same trading rules as any other UK business.
Can I ask is your club turnover big enough to qualify you for VAT.
Yes, we do, and yes, we publish the accounts......they're all on Co House.

My point is that regardless of all this, we're a cricket club, run by a bunch of volunteers, in our own time, and expectations are set accordingly.

The SC should (in my opinion) be granted the same leeway.

Status
Not open for further replies.