NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 371 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds a lot more promising tonight!You can only judge people breaking news by the quality of news they break and in LMB we have someone who has an excellent record all through this takeover and that will do for me!Be a better sleep tonight!!

Nothing whatsoever to do with what i have posted or any recent bidders, but I really do have information that you might not like and does go against what you believe, if it doesn't come out at the end of this process I promise to tell you.
Has long as new owner owns the stadium and does not sell it on to lenegan than im happy with this deal who ever they are

Sounds a lot more promising tonight!You can only judge people breaking news by the quality of news they break and in LMB we have someone who has an excellent record all through this takeover and that will do for me!Be a better sleep tonight!!
Have you not heard anything from the horses mouth?

I'm sure I'm not the only one that hopes the Admins do what's right, complete their due diligence as a matter of urgency, and (hopefully with the aid of the EFL) get the club sold as quickly as possible.

I think we all hope that Moonay, but just curious, what exactly do you think should be involved in the Admins "due diligence" ?

Clearly need to see proof of funds, but are they also expected to verify the origins and legitimacy of those funds ?

Clearly need to establish the "worthiness" of the principle participants but would that be a quick google search or a more forensic deep dive background check ?

It's been debated as to whether the EFL are "interested" in the way the club is intended to be run, do the admins need to verify all this as part of their due diligence ?

Would you be happy and accept the admins word that they've done their due diligence and decided to reject the bid on the grounds of some "grey area" in the bidders past or an inability to legitimise the source of the funding ?

How long should this take ?

Rock and a hard place, don't trust the admins but got to trust the admins to do a proper job, and a proper job will take time, but we don't have any time.

It's great news from LMB but it may drag on for quite a bit yet, unless the bidder is a well know, well respected, multi millionaire with masses of immediately available and disposable cash reserves. Wonder if GSM's lottery ticket came in ?

Look, all we've got to do is hope the numbers 6 11 20 22 33 and 43 come up on the lottery tonight, then i'll pick which of you lot will be my vice-chairman
Afraid not lads. See y'all in Lancashire Junior Division 6

I think we all hope that Moonay, but just curious, what exactly do you think should be involved in the Admins "due diligence" ?

I'll be honest, I don't know what it entails, I'm just going off what they said:

We have received written offers which are subject to certain conditions and further due diligence which we are looking at.

Clearly need to see proof of funds, but are they also expected to verify the origins and legitimacy of those funds ?

Clearly need to establish the "worthiness" of the principle participants but would that be a quick google search or a more forensic deep dive background check ?

No, and quick ........ if any. These blokes aren't here for that. Let's face it, they weren't bothered about the background of those in the Spanish bid.

It's been debated as to whether the EFL are "interested" in the way the club is intended to be run, do the admins need to verify all this as part of their due diligence ?

Would you be happy and accept the admins word that they've done their due diligence and decided to reject the bid on the grounds of some "grey area" in the bidders past or an inability to legitimise the source of the funding ?

How long should this take ?

Absolutely not.
I don't think these guys will officially reject anything, for whatever reason. If they did, then they'd be open to possible legal action if they weren't absolutely spot on.
The Admins' task here should be fairly quick I'd have thought. They don't appear to have taken ages previously.

Rock and a hard place, don't trust the admins but got to trust the admins to do a proper job, and a proper job will take time, but we don't have any time.

It's great news from LMB but it may drag on for quite a bit yet, unless the bidder is a well know, well respected, multi millionaire with masses of immediately available and disposable cash reserves. Wonder if GSM's lottery ticket came in ?

Again, the job of the Admins hasn't taken the time (other than agreeing the deal). The checking of the EFL has been the long pole.

I suppose it helps if there are no allegations of fraud against anyone in the bidding party (like there was against Cristo). If there aren't, then hopefully, this might go a little quick than the previous assessment.

I'll be honest, I don't know what it entails, I'm just going off what they said:

We have received written offers which are subject to certain conditions and further due diligence which we are looking at.

No, and quick ........ if any. These blokes aren't here for that. Let's face it, they weren't bothered about the background of those in the Spanish bid.

Absolutely not.
I don't think these guys will officially reject anything, for whatever reason. If they did, then they'd be open to possible legal action if they weren't absolutely spot on.
The Admins' task here should be fairly quick I'd have thought. They don't appear to have taken ages previously.

Again, the job of the Admins hasn't taken the time (other than agreeing the deal). The checking of the EFL has been the long pole.

I suppose it helps if there are no allegations of fraud against anyone in the bidding party (like there was against Cristo). If there aren't, then hopefully, this might go a little quick than the previous assessment.

I'd agree with all of that Moonay, Admin should just get the basics out of the way ASAP and let the EFL do the deep dive stuff, it's just that the Admins have come under fire "after the fact" regarding their lack of due diligence over the Spanish bid so was interested to know what folks expectations are this time around IF we've had a bid accepted.

I'd agree with all of that Moonay, Admin should just get the basics out of the way ASAP and let the EFL do the deep dive stuff, it's just that the Admins have come under fire "after the fact" regarding their lack of due diligence over the Spanish bid so was interested to know what folks expectations are this time around IF we've had a bid accepted.

If is a big word!

I'm not saying that LMB is wrong at all, (as given other "chatter", something does seem to be happening) but as I quite often say on here, language is important.

Whether the offer has been "accepted" or simply "acknowledged" is maybe the issue. It was reported previously (last Autumn) that other parties (RRR and Frampton ?) had made offers, but they weren't acknowledged by the Admins, as they were already too deeply entrenched with the Spanish bid.

Even if it's just been acknowledged, then that's summat to be celebrated.

Hopefully, all will come clear this week.

Rangers. Lining up a move for Kyle Joseph at Wigan. Scotland under-21 striker. Free in summer if goes cross border. Spurs keen. Blackpool made an inquiry and quoted high fee.

This sort of thing ain't going to help with any potential buyer....more assets poss being flogged.

Can anyone remember: did the Spanish bid/acceptance last time come out of nowhere, or was there social media chatter beforehand ?

Absolutely not.

In a reply to both of you, I don't think scrutinising the proposals from any bidder is a problem, looking at what has transpired recently I think, and to their credit, the supporters club and their advisors are all over that, and if they see anything they don't like they have LN to fire the gun they have loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.