NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 322 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately it seems you were one of the prime targets and have been reeled in. Instead of readily accepting the spoon like a hungry toddler try making an informed decision yourself. The numbers don’t stack up I’m afraid.

They are in a one horse race because the other competitors are not allowed to compete. You are desperate for a resolution, I get that, we all are, but it has to be the right one. Being desperate and anxious means you lose objectivity and readily accept what’s on offer without analysing the evidence and making an informed decision.

Once again you make a sweeping statement and in doing so contradict yourself.

In previous posts you have stated that there are other bids in play but yet you willingly accept that it is a one horse race and your reason for that is because the others are not allowed to compete. They had as much time to get their bids in as Moreno and yet neither of them took the initiative and now Frampton is bullshitting everyone by saying "no one said he had to place a deposit".

You say others are gullible and yet you are willing to accept his version, and you say that is an informed decision. I think not.

Jesus wept man. I've already described the Spanish bid as the lesser of 3 evils. You can't even begin to admit that your candidate was less than perfect by not knowing a deposit was required. If anybody is being spoon fed it's you.

We were told right from the start that the Spaniards wouldn't be splashing loads of cash but would be developing a sustainable model. Something they have a track record of doing. But you choose not to believe them. However, you do choose to believe that a self proclaimed Latics supporter, supposedly backed by endlessly rich backers that can't wait to splash the cash, didn't know he needed a deposit. More fool you if you can't accept that is amateurish. Careless. Embarrassing. Bullshit. Take your pick.

The whole of your argument is based on your ability to "read between the lines" and "join the dots" why not try reading the actual text that is in front of your eyes.

The admins have said that Moreno has shown sufficient funds to both buy the club and run it for the next two years and that he has passed the O & D test.

Cristo is no longer associated with the bid so why bring his name back up.

The bidders have said that it is their intention to plough funds up to £5 million into the Academy to further their ambitions of becoming a produce and sell club.

By your own admission the only way they can make WAFC a sustainable project is to sell on at a profit young players who have been developed in the academy. Why would they run it down if their whole business plan is built around its success.

It is obvious you don't want to even consider them but the arguments you are making just don't hold water.

To be honest you lost me at ‘admins said’ and I struggled to take the rest of the post seriously. If you are relying on them to give you straight up, honest, unambiguous information then you are very naive. Throughout this process they have obfuscated and proven they can’t lie straight in bed. They can’t even tell a consistent story between them.

Christo is very relevant. I acknowledge you like to brush his involvement under the carpet and pretend it never happened but unfortunately you can’t. Moreno got into bed with this character who has failed the easiest of O&D tests. He was the front man for the team. It places huge question marks against Moreno’s judgement in who he chooses to do business with.

Running an academy in Spain I would think is somewhat cheaper than running it in the UK. As is running a club at equivalent levels. The club will be haemorrhaging money, the proof of funds won’t cover two years if he is to me the necessary investment in the squad, He is not going to plough £5 million into this as well, his history tells us that’s not how he operates. This was Christo’s PR line and he’s now gone. The very man who promised it is not fit to be an owner/director at the club. If you are hanging off every word the administrators and the Spanish tell you, you will end up very disappointed.

Once again you make a sweeping statement and in doing so contradict yourself.

In previous posts you have stated that there are other bids in play but yet you willingly accept that it is a one horse race and your reason for that is because the others are not allowed to compete. They had as much time to get their bids in as Moreno and yet neither of them took the initiative and now Frampton is bullshitting everyone by saying "no one said he had to place a deposit".

You say others are gullible and yet you are willing to accept his version, and you say that is an informed decision. I think not.

Thete is no contradiction. There are other bids in, that’s been made perfectly clear in the last week whether you stamp your feet and say there isn’t. But if they won’t even be considered then it is still a one horse race. It’s not difficult to grasp.

Thete is no contradiction. There are other bids in, that’s been made perfectly clear in the last week whether you stamp your feet and say there isn’t. But if they won’t even be considered then it is still a one horse race. It’s not difficult to grasp.

Who made it clear there are bids in?

Jesus wept man. I've already described the Spanish bid as the lesser of 3 evils. You can't even begin to admit that your candidate was less than perfect by not knowing a deposit was required. If anybody is being spoon fed it's you.

We were told right from the start that the Spaniards wouldn't be splashing loads of cash but would be developing a sustainable model. Something they have a track record of doing. But you choose not to believe them. However, you do choose to believe that a self proclaimed Latics supporter, supposedly backed by endlessly rich backers that can't wait to splash the cash, didn't know he needed a deposit. More fool you if you can't accept that is amateurish. Careless. Embarrassing. Bullshit. Take your pick.

Where have I said he’s my candidate??? Do you just like to make stuff up? The administrators are full of shit, if they told me today was Friday I’d have to check the calendar. However it’s not about deposits, this is a red herring. It’s because the Spanish agreed to pay running costs.

...... this character who has failed the easiest of O&D tests. .......

Got to pull you up on this one.

Even accepting the doubt surrounding everything else that's going on, especially around the actions of the Admins and the EFL, one thing I think we can be pretty certain about is that the scrutiny given to the assessment of the Spanish bid and bidders will probably be more thorough than any conducted previously.

I'm not sure how "hard" it might be to normally pass the test, but I reckon it's been a damn sight harder for our amigos !

Where have I said he’s my candidate??? Do you just like to make stuff up? The administrators are full of shit, if they told me today was Friday I’d have to check the calendar. However it’s not about deposits, this is a red herring. It’s because the Spanish agreed to pay running costs.

Ok maybe candidate was the wrong choice of word. A more accurate choice would be the bloke that has got you swallowing his every word.

And don't try to get your non-candidate off the deposit hook. It was made patently obvious from the very outset that money would need to be paid up front. Call it a deposit. Call it a fee. Call it whatever you want, but I knew about it. You knew about it. Everybody on this board knew about it. Everybody who read anything about our situation knew about it apart from one individual who was too busy writing fairy stories.

Got to pull you up on this one.

Even accepting the doubt surrounding everything else that's going on, especially around the actions of the Admins and the EFL, one thing I think we can be pretty certain about is that the scrutiny given to the assessment of the Spanish bid and bidders will probably be more thorough than any conducted previously.

I'm not sure how "hard" it might be to normally pass the test, but I reckon it's been a damn sight harder for our amigos !

However fail it he did. And you don’t fail it without good reason, so if they have given it proper scrutiny then thank goodness for that.

Ok maybe candidate was the wrong choice of word. A more accurate choice would be the bloke that has got you swallowing his every word.

And don't try to get your non-candidate off the deposit hook. It was made patently obvious from the very outset that money would need to be paid up front. Call it a deposit. Call it a fee. Call it whatever you want, but I knew about it. You knew about it. Everybody on this board knew about it. Everybody who read anything about our situation knew about it apart from one individual who was too busy writing fairy stories.

Again where have I said I believe every word he says??? Seriously you’re just making stuff up now.

However fail it he did. And you don’t fail it without good reason, so if they have given it proper scrutiny then thank goodness for that.

Oh, absolutely ........but it was the word "easiest" that I was challenging. Maybe previously, not this time.

I disagree, it’s easy if you’ve nothing to hide.
You've got this wrong. Any test would obviously be easy to pass if you've nothing to hide, but you asserted that the test in itself was easy.

As I said, not any more, or at least, not this time.

I do not dispute there are other bids, and I also agree it is now a one horse race but not because other bids will not be considered, it is because the other bidders dragged their feet and lost the initiative to Moreno by not putting their bids in earlier and securing them with the deposit that the Admins have stated was necessary from the off.

The only person stamping their feet is you as you are blindly following the fantasy put out by Frampton and denying valid points being made by other posters.

Again where have I said I believe every word he says??? Seriously you’re just making stuff up now.

You've never challenged or doubted anything he said. You defended him when he said he didn't know of having to pay anything in advance. Yet at the same time on no more basis than reading between various lines and putting different slants on messages you've criticised everything to do with the Spaniards. You've stated that the academy will be downgraded with no evidence, despite that being the one and only promise the Spanish really made.

If it turns out that Frampton is as good as his word and we rise remarkably I would be chuffed as hell. But I have more doubts about him than I do of Moreno. As for the Royle/Ranson bid they've a 100% failure rate and the supposed money man has denied it's him. It may be a tactical denial, but if he didn't want to be linked keeping shtum would have been the best option.

I have doubts about all 3 bids. I just have less doubts about the Spanish bid. They haven't made any rash spending promises or floated ideas of any fancy plans. It seems to be all about football and long term aims. I haven't seen their budget so I can't comment on if it's enough or not. But it seems to me to be the only bid/offer/package call it what you will that has been properly budgeted and itemised so going off that it is the only legitimate bid.

I do not dispute there are other bids, and I also agree it is now a one horse race but not because other bids will not be considered, it is because the other bidders dragged their feet and lost the initiative to Moreno by not putting their bids in earlier and securing them with the deposit that the Admins have stated was necessary from the off.

The only person stamping their feet is you as you are blindly following the fantasy put out by Frampton and denying valid points being made by other posters.

Again, as I asked chippytea, where have I stated I believe everything Frampton says??? You don’t like him because he fell out with his daughter, but are willing to overlook failings in the individuals in the Spanish team that means they aren’t suitable to be O&D. Very weird.

It’s a one horse race because the other horses aren’t allowed to race as those permitting entry only want one winner.

You've never challenged or doubted anything he said. You defended him when he said he didn't know of having to pay anything in advance. Yet at the same time on no more basis than reading between various lines and putting different slants on messages you've criticised everything to do with the Spaniards. You've stated that the academy will be downgraded with no evidence, despite that being the one and only promise the Spanish really made.

If it turns out that Frampton is as good as his word and we rise remarkably I would be chuffed as hell. But I have more doubts about him than I do of Moreno. As for the Royle/Ranson bid they've a 100% failure rate and the supposed money man has denied it's him. It may be a tactical denial, but if he didn't want to be linked keeping shtum would have been the best option.

I have doubts about all 3 bids. I just have less doubts about the Spanish bid. They haven't made any rash spending promises or floated ideas of any fancy plans. It seems to be all about football and long term aims. I haven't seen their budget so I can't comment on if it's enough or not. But it seems to me to be the only bid/offer/package call it what you will that has been properly budgeted and itemised so going off that it is the only legitimate bid.

You really ought to check back and get your facts straight if you think I haven’t doubted some of his aims.

The Spanish will not invest the claimed £5 million into the academy, nor will it be upgraded as some suggest. I wish they would but they won’t. They won’t invest that amount and whatever they can will need to go on the 1st tream squad, manager and all others such as medical staff who have left when told they’d be getting a massive pay cut.

Unfortunately it seems you were one of the prime targets and have been reeled in. Instead of readily accepting the spoon like a hungry toddler try making an informed decision yourself. The numbers don’t stack up I’m afraid.

They are in a one horse race because the other competitors are not allowed to compete. You are desperate for a resolution, I get that, we all are, but it has to be the right one. Being desperate and anxious means you lose objectivity and readily accept what’s on offer without analysing the evidence and making an informed decision.
Maybe he is just keeping his options open

Status
Not open for further replies.