NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 324 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without necessarily supporting MiW's position here, I think it's fair to say that there's a rumour "out there" re the Academy, that the Spaniards may not invest in it as per their stated intent. As MiW mentions, even Barry alluded to it.

I'm not saying the rumour is right, but I think, coupled with Moreno's (and previously Cristo's) reputation for being rather frugal and generally running a tight ship (which isn't necessarily a bad thing), the rumour has maybe gained a little more credibility than it deserves.

Yes, a rumour. How much of that is based on fact we don't know.

As I have said in my reply to MiW the frugality of Moreno's bid is not a problem in my opinion, the statement from him ( and Cristo, for MiW's sake) is that they want to run the club without the need for capital injections being necessary from the owners but realise that initially money wil be required to stabilise the club.

I for one don't want to be back in debt before the season ends as would no doubt be the fact if Frampton got the club.

Not sure how you jump to the conclusion that either Frampton (on interviews declined to confirm where or whom it was coming from apart from Asia) or Ransom *whose supposed funder has said no) have a brass farthing between em.
Unless of course you are taking their "word" for it.
If you do have proof they have the funds do share the detail !

Frampton's "backer" is his boss, Alastair Sean Jeffries.

https://jeffriesalistair.com/

I thought he had to find the lost million? Surely if that is all it is it would have been signed off this week?

Yeah the admins word. Think they said it to justify extending exclusivity. They also said two months ago they envisaged no issue why it wouldn’t go through when christo headed it. You’ll forgive me when I say I don’t believe a word they say.

The wheels of power move slowly.

Moreno and the admins have confirmed that the extra funds have been secured and the papers are with the EFL, so I "assume" they are still looking at them, but bear in mind the time they have taken for every other decision they make.

Not sure how you jump to the conclusion that either Frampton (on interviews declined to confirm where or whom it was coming from apart from Asia) or Ransom *whose supposed funder has said no) have a brass farthing between em.
Unless of course you are taking their "word" for it.
If you do have proof they have the funds do share the detail !

Rowland said it isn’t him. He didn’t say it wasn’t his company. Nixon confirmed he was involved. Semantics. Framptons backer is his boss, there are details within this thread somewhere.

The wheels of power move slowly.

Moreno and the admins have confirmed that the extra funds have been secured and the papers are with the EFL, so I "assume" they are still looking at them, but bear in mind the time they have taken for every other decision they make.

Apparently there are other issues - if you take the word of Stanley, though see no reason for his motivation in saying it if not accurate. He tried to play it down however..,

On a lighter note WE( Latics) were mentioned on ITV's The Chase this evening....the question was 'Which football club plays its football furthest from Wembley?....(a) Watford....(b) Walsall.....(c) Wigan A

The contestant got it right btw

Its like ping pong all this, he said she said I said you said its all so bloody boring regurgitating the same old rubbish day after day. I'm as bad for doing it but god its now so boring

Think ur right Zakky....not one of us on here know who is / isn't going to be best for us until they actually start running the club cos no matter what we say on here or think it isn't going to influence the EFL's decision in who buys us. Trouble is whatever side posters on here are on with potential buyers they're not willing to listen to any other arguments or opposing points. I haven’t got a clue whose going to be best for us all I can hope for is that we still have a team to support, the new owners are honest & genuine and we can start to become a settled team who can put all this shit behind them...UTFT

Think ur right Zakky....not one of us on here know who is / isn't going to be best for us until they actually start running the club cos no matter what we say on here or think it isn't going to influence the EFL's decision in who buys us. Trouble is whatever side posters on here are on with potential buyers they're not willing to listen to any other arguments or opposing points. I haven’t got a clue whose going to be best for us all I can hope for is that we still have a team to support, the new owners are honest & genuine and we can start to become a settled team who can put all this shit behind them...UTFT

Unfortunately Jock that is what happens when people, myself included, stubbornly stick to their points.

What I would say however is that all participants in the ping pong debate mentioned kept it civil and although their points differed by some margin held their ground and their argument without resorting to slighting each other.

Last edited:
......... Trouble is whatever side posters on here are on with potential buyers they're not willing to listen to any other arguments or opposing points.......

That seems a touch unfair Jock. Though a few do indeed seem to be a little "entrenched", others are far more pragmatic, and see the pluses and minuses of all the bidders (or at least the Spaniards and Frampton, as we all know hardly anything about RRR).

Its like ping pong all this, he said she said I said you said its all so bloody boring regurgitating the same old rubbish day after day. I'm as bad for doing it but god its now so boring

TBH Zakky, there's bugger all to talk about at the moment on the takeover front. Its now a waiting game again so rather than say nowt some of us want to debate the finer points but feel free to ignore the posts that offend as I do with most of the discussion about cars and politics.

Hopefully the game this weekend will provide something to talk about until the EFL get off their a***s and either pass or fail Moreno.

That seems a touch unfair Jock. Though a few do indeed seem to be a little "entrenched", others are far more pragmatic, and see the pluses and minuses of all the bidders (or at least the Spaniards and Frampton, as we all know hardly anything about RRR).

Perhaps I should have put ' fair few on here' or put a disclaimer at end of the post saying 'not all posters subscribe to this view'......what dost teacher think 😉

I can kind of see MIW 's point to be honest. There's something about this Spanish bid that isn't right. That's the view of trusted Latics lovers like the SC and Baz. If it comes off great but I'm not dismissing any of the other bids because we might just need them.

I can kind of see MIW 's point to be honest. There's something about this Spanish bid that isn't right. That's the view of trusted Latics lovers like the SC and Baz. If it comes off great but I'm not dismissing any of the other bids because we might just need them.
1). What exactly have those ITK been told?

2). Who told them?

3). Does the person/s divulging the information have ulterior motives?

4). Have the SC been hoodwinked by a rival bid (Frampton, for example)?

If you get the answer to all 4 of these questions, then there wouldn't be any need for further discussion...

1). What exactly have those ITK been told?

2). Who told them?

3). Does the person/s divulging the information have ulterior motives?

4). Have the SC been hoodwinked by a rival bid (Frampton, for example)?

If you get the answer to all 4 of these questions, then there wouldn't be any need for further discussion...

1. I heard it was a bot from fantasy island under the control of chris farnell behind it all

2. Some bloke called Harvey

3. To wind up some clowns on a forum.

4. No they’ve been working for Pollard all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.