NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 321 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll ask you another one MiW, would you see either of these 2 scenarios (obviously 2 out of possibly thousands) as success or failure.

For the next 5 seasons we stay in league one, we've yet again just sold out best player (academy graduate) for 5 million, the club has zero debt and whilst the owner continues to run us as he has for the previous 5 years he is looking to sell us on, after making modest profits for himself.
or
After 5 seasons we have just missed out on promotion to the prem for the second year running, the owner has made no profit but the club has now racked up 50 million of debt, the owner has stated that he no longer wishes to invest and underwrite the losses and is looking to sell us on (but at least this one looks like he'll stick around until they've sold us, unlike that HK ****).

I'll be honest, I personally see the first as success and the second as failure.

Given what I fear and expect will happen i’d view either of those scenarios as success.

It’ll be a bleak five years and this club will be a shell of its former self at the end of it. We’ve been bleed dry by the chuckle brothers selling our playing assets for peanuts and so there is little rise left to sell. The Spanish have no intention of investing at the necessary levels to make us competitive even at League 1 level. The academy at best will be downgraded and all that work will go to waste. The production line will cease and I can’t envisage us producing that £5 million player you refer to. Due to redundancies and massive salary cuts any employee of talent will have left by then. Attendances will have plummeted and with it gate income. Sponsorship will be almost none existent. If we aren’t already in the Conference it’ll be an annual battle to avoid it. To recoup money I expect the stadium will have been sold. If not to Pollard then certainly the council who will buy it to avoid it falling into the hands of a management company. Effectively they’ve a ready buyer who will do so out of necessity.

That is if they are still here in 5 years but I highly doubt it. I can’t for the life of me work out why this mob wanted to buy us and run us in the first place, but I’ve a theory why they’re carrying on with it. This deposit business is a red herring. They were the only ones to offer sufficient incentive. By that I mean they agreed to pay running costs. The administrators were obviously liable for this but by doing so it means they walk away with more in their pocket as they’ve had to spend less. All legal of course and I’m not suggesting otherwise. I suspect they’d have cut their losses but the efl grant meant admin could use it to fund Decembers running costs and so in an attempt to not to see that money go to waste they were persuaded to resubmit. Once purchased, if not immediately, I wont be surprised to see us back on the market within 9 months after they realise they’ve made a colossal mistake.

Given what I fear and expect will happen i’d view either of those scenarios as success.

It’ll be a bleak five years and this club will be a shell of its former self at the end of it. We’ve been bleed dry by the chuckle brothers selling our playing assets for peanuts and so there is little rise left to sell. The Spanish have no intention of investing at the necessary levels to make us competitive even at League 1 level. The academy at best will be downgraded and all that work will go to waste. The production line will cease and I can’t envisage us producing that £5 million player you refer to. Due to redundancies and massive salary cuts any employee of talent will have left by then. Attendances will have plummeted and with it gate income. Sponsorship will be almost none existent. If we aren’t already in the Conference it’ll be an annual battle to avoid it. To recoup money I expect the stadium will have been sold. If not to Pollard then certainly the council who will buy it to avoid it falling into the hands of a management company. Effectively they’ve a ready buyer who will do so out of necessity.

That is if they are still here in 5 years but I highly doubt it. I can’t for the life of me work out why this mob wanted to buy us and run us in the first place, but I’ve a theory why they’re carrying on with it. This deposit business is a red herring. They were the only ones to offer sufficient incentive. By that I mean they agreed to pay running costs. The administrators were obviously liable for this but by doing so it means they walk away with more in their pocket as they’ve had to spend less. All legal of course and I’m not suggesting otherwise. I suspect they’d have cut their losses but the efl grant meant admin could use it to fund Decembers running costs and so in an attempt to not to see that money go to waste they were persuaded to resubmit. Once purchased, if not immediately, I wont be surprised to see us back on the market within 9 months after they realise they’ve made a colossal mistake.

What evidence/precedent do you have when you say the academy will be downgraded?

I can assure you that the academy is being invested in 100%.
I no that the academy is being upgraded to level1 from level2. Also Moonay like what I used there????

What evidence/precedent do you have when you say the academy will be downgraded?

It’s just a case of looking at the evidence, joining the dots and reaching the only conclusion there is.

They are struggling to put together funds to buy the club, let alone fund it for two years. The playing squad is in urgent need of attention so any money will need to go there. There is no additional money to put into the academy so it won’t happen. Christo was blowing smoke up your arse and telling the gullible what they wanted to hear when he was making his claims. The fact he’s unsuitable to be owner or be a director should tell you all you need to know about his credibility.

I’ve just listened to the podcast and even Barry makes reference to it being downgraded so if you don’t wanna believe me, try listening to what he has to say.

It’s just a case of looking at the evidence, joining the dots and reaching the only conclusion there is.

They are struggling to put together funds to buy the club, let alone fund it for two years. The playing squad is in urgent need of attention so any money will need to go there. There is no additional money to put into the academy so it won’t happen. Christo was blowing smoke up your arse and telling the gullible what they wanted to hear when he was making his claims. The fact he’s unsuitable to be owner or be a director should tell you all you need to know about his credibility.

I’ve just listened to the podcast and even Barry makes reference to it being downgraded so if you don’t wanna believe me, try listening to what he has to say.

Oh FFS, there's only one "player" here blowing smoke up peoples arses. And he's too busy blowing smoke to realise a deposit was required. I realise you have a penchant for blustering bluffers and have the blinkers on when it comes them making mistakes (or not making them in your eyes). But so far he's been shown to be an amateurish windbag.

I've previously expressed my doubts about the Spanish bid, but I know that now you've had your head turned by Tony you'll refuse to have any doubts about him.

But like it or not, at the moment the Spaniards are in a one horse race. They've previous experience of advancing clubs by making the most of an academy. For them it's a tried and tested method and they have precedence in that area. All you have is speculation and the same stubborn mindset you had in spring when it came to Boris and Keir.

I can almost hear the Iragi military uniform being dusted off.

Coddenchips said

Bammyblue
Vital Newbie
I can assure you that the academy is being invested in 100%.
I no that the academy is being upgraded to level1 from level2.

What evidence do you have to share with us that this is true Bammy

A very close friend son plays for Wigan’s academy. He as said to me about a week ago academy is being up graded so they can push on to the next level.

The whole of your argument is based on your ability to "read between the lines" and "join the dots" why not try reading the actual text that is in front of your eyes.

The admins have said that Moreno has shown sufficient funds to both buy the club and run it for the next two years and that he has passed the O & D test.

Cristo is no longer associated with the bid so why bring his name back up.

The bidders have said that it is their intention to plough funds up to £5 million into the Academy to further their ambitions of becoming a produce and sell club.

By your own admission the only way they can make WAFC a sustainable project is to sell on at a profit young players who have been developed in the academy. Why would they run it down if their whole business plan is built around its success.

It is obvious you don't want to even consider them but the arguments you are making just don't hold water.

Oh FFS, there's only one "player" here blowing smoke up peoples arses. And he's too busy blowing smoke to realise a deposit was required. I realise you have a penchant for blustering bluffers and have the blinkers on when it comes them making mistakes (or not making them in your eyes). But so far he's been shown to be an amateurish windbag.

I've previously expressed my doubts about the Spanish bid, but I know that now you've had your head turned by Tony you'll refuse to have any doubts about him.

But like it or not, at the moment the Spaniards are in a one horse race. They've previous experience of advancing clubs by making the most of an academy. For them it's a tried and tested method and they have precedence in that area. All you have is speculation and the same stubborn mindset you had in spring when it came to Boris and Keir.

I can almost hear the Iragi military uniform being dusted off.

Unfortunately it seems you were one of the prime targets and have been reeled in. Instead of readily accepting the spoon like a hungry toddler try making an informed decision yourself. The numbers don’t stack up I’m afraid.

They are in a one horse race because the other competitors are not allowed to compete. You are desperate for a resolution, I get that, we all are, but it has to be the right one. Being desperate and anxious means you lose objectivity and readily accept what’s on offer without analysing the evidence and making an informed decision.

Unfortunately it seems you were one of the prime targets and have been reeled in. Instead of readily accepting the spoon like a hungry toddler try making an informed decision yourself. The numbers don’t stack up I’m afraid.

They are in a one horse race because the other competitors are not allowed to compete. You are desperate for a resolution, I get that, we all are, but it has to be the right one. Being desperate and anxious means you lose objectivity and readily accept what’s on offer without analysing the evidence and making an informed decision.
Will you still watch the latics if spanish do get the club

Status
Not open for further replies.