New Owners - Part 1 | Page 143 | Vital Football

New Owners - Part 1

CanadaRed - 4/5/2012 15:16

Burnsy - now you are my hero. Foot + Ball = Football, simples. See you lot over there, I told you not all Yanks are bad.

Moosehead = v-good. Maple Syrup = good. Mayonnaise = good, but not with chips, that's just wrong.

As for a Canuck takeover, I can't see it happening, all the big boys in Canada, invest somewhat wisely, that's one of the reason no Canadian banks have gone tits-up. As much as I'd love to see Forest vs Toronto FC in a pre-Season friendly (to save cash, the boys can stay at my place, no problem) I just can't see anyone taking on an English Footbal Club, too risky - bad investment.

Then again, I thought nobody would ever dare gut the Flying Horse and turn it into shops, so what do I know.

I'd say a smart NFL franchise owning billionaire should be where people should start looking. They have the sports knowledge, the marketing skill-set and the 'balls' to turn NFFC around. Go west young man!

See - I told you all so.

Didn't I say there'd be Canadians here on May 4th, and lo, here is CanadaRed. Are you our secret new owner?

Sorry mate, I wish I was NFFC's Knight in Shining Armour. I think we will all just have to be patient, just wait and see, hopefully things will all fall in to place sooner rather than later. If I was a betting man, I would bet on the Yankee Dollar.

And to NY, good on ya, teaching that American girl the Queens English. On a serious note, don't you think the American NFL business model could work in the Championship? I do, I think the rumour of American money has more credibility that Chinese or Kuwaiti money. The rich arab throwing money here and there is a nice dream but you can't beat the Yanks when it comes down to turning a profit on sports and putting a good product in front of a customer.

Burnsy - now you are my hero. Foot + Ball = Football, simples. See you lot over there, I told you not all Yanks are bad.

Moosehead = v-good. Maple Syrup = good. Mayonnaise = good, but not with chips, that's just wrong.

As for a Canuck takeover, I can't see it happening, all the big boys in Canada, invest somewhat wisely, that's one of the reason no Canadian banks have gone tits-up. As much as I'd love to see Forest vs Toronto FC in a pre-Season friendly (to save cash, the boys can stay at my place, no problem) I just can't see anyone taking on an English Footbal Club, too risky - bad investment.

Then again, I thought nobody would ever dare gut the Flying Horse and turn it into shops, so what do I know.

I'd say a smart NFL franchise owning billionaire should be where people should start looking. They have the sports knowledge, the marketing skill-set and the 'balls' to turn NFFC around. Go west young man!

Cheers Canada,
We're not all bad, only MOST of us :). I still have to correct my fellow midwesterners all the time. I also have to correct them that it is not pronounced Notting-HAM Forest. Of course I have to correct my friends in London that its also not pronounced Nott-num.
What part of Canada do you live in? I'm only 2 hours from Niagara, so I go up quite a bit. Really enjoy Toronto and Montreal.

Some dude on LTLF seems to think its the fooking Irish again:

"Strong interest from an Irish consortium"

"Source?"

"Someone within the club. A emergency meeting was had yesterday where certain people were informed. Expect to hear in the media within the next few days"

That meetin may be the one Ian Edwards was mentioning?? "#nffc takeover moving forward, but not at any great pace after further positive meetings with executors of Doughty's will"

God I love clutching at straws hahaha

burnsy's front teeth - 5/5/2012 13:26

Cheers Canada,
We're not all bad, only MOST of us :). I still have to correct my fellow midwesterners all the time. I also have to correct them that it is not pronounced Notting-HAM Forest. Of course I have to correct my friends in London that its also not pronounced Nott-num.
What part of Canada do you live in? I'm only 2 hours from Niagara, so I go up quite a bit. Really enjoy Toronto and Montreal.

And I'm in Toronto. We don't have a real "soccer" team :12:

Take or leave this...

3 bidders made dd stage and 2 of those are now fighting it out with the executors of nds estate. Both of the bidders are negotiating to buy club outright at this stage bit one is prepared to other payments according to success, with a cheaper purchase price.
One of these consortiums have an ex England international fronting the bid the other has a well known football figure advising them.
Both have ambitious plans and want a deal this side of pre, season so they can get a squad together.

Probate has now passed the ownership of the club to the administrators of the estate. One of the conditions of the sale is a small percentage retained by the family, which is proving to be a bit of a stumbling block for one of the bidders.

This is directly from a seymore pierce source.

I believe we will here something official in the next 2 weeks.

Take or leave this...

3 bidders made dd stage and 2 of those are now fighting it out with the executors of nds estate. Both of the bidders are negotiating to buy club outright at this stage bit one is prepared to other payments according to success, with a cheaper purchase price.
One of these consortiums have an ex England international fronting the bid the other has a well known football figure advising them.
Both have ambitious plans and want a deal this side of pre, season so they can get a squad together.

Probate has now passed the ownership of the club to the administrators of the estate. One of the conditions of the sale is a small percentage retained by the family, which is proving to be a bit of a stumbling block for one of the bidders.

Thanks for sharing that info ozzyten10. Good to hear that there maybe something positive on the horizon.

Ozzey, thank you.

can you reveal anything about the bidders? If you cant go into detail, could you confirm that they have been mentioned on here?

Any idea why one of the bidders is no longer in the frame?

ozzyten10 - 5/5/2012 15:12

Take or leave this...

I will take it. I am almost beyond hope so any little glimmer like this is welcome. Cheers for sharing the details and being so specific.

That is everything I know. Its not from a forest fan at all, in fact he,s not really into football. It was from a friend who was discussing vodaphones takeover of cable and wireless, so the specifics rang TRUE. he works in the financial world.
Info on geddy from freelance journo I know who covers wolves. Also interesting that bed has been to a number of wolves matches.

Fantasy question:
If it could be fronted by any former England international, which would it be?
Psycho for me. What about non-forest?

Ozzy mate. Do you have any idea who the 2 are in terms of nationality?? Im assuming the 3 were American, Mid Eastern and Irish, but any idea who has dropped out?? This is quite contradictory to what Ian Edwards has said, but am happy to believe it none the less. Is this straight from seymour pierce, cus iv a friend working there who has told me that they cant say a single thing due to confidentiality??

Very courageous ozzy......I so hope you're right, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time before someone comes up with a reason you must be wrong.

Thanks for putting it out there. At least it gives us hope.