New Owners - Part 1 | Vital Football

New Owners - Part 1

exquisite forest

Vital 1st Team Regular
Does anyone else(like me) expect new owners to emerge when we are mathmaticley safe?

Obviously depending which division we are plying our trade in will have a big impact on our sale price

For umpteen years we have been in the doldrums,is it time(with new investment)to showcase our football in the premier league

Would you prefer us to become a rich arab,kuwait ect ect plaything,or would you rather we had a local owner or consortium

thoughts please

:14:

Tough question!! There's been some dodgy takeovers in recent times. I just hope we find some stability, and don't end up deeper in the sh*t!!!

I just want someone who will run the club to its potential,maximising income sorting contracts out earlier being open with the fans in general running the club soundly...i dont care whether the new owners are billionaires millionaires or tramps as long as we are run correctly.

Probably. One thing that worries me is people talking about hypothetical £10m budgets for next season etc. I get the feeling that people are expecting somebody with more money than they know what to do with to arrive, when in reality, a group of 10 businessmen could enjoy the kudos of owning a club, whilst adhering to FFP, run the club to break even every season.

James85 - 1/4/2012 16:05

Probably. One thing that worries me is people talking about hypothetical £10m budgets for next season etc. I get the feeling that people are expecting somebody with more money than they know what to do with to arrive, when in reality, a group of 10 businessmen could enjoy the kudos of owning a club, whilst adhering to FFP, run the club to break even every season.

james i would be gutted mate with the above,dont want to stand still,around the world we are still a brand,to me we need major investment

And also if the group of lets say 10 businessmen included mark fookin arthur what then???because that slimmy tw@t wont let go that easy of that im sure

James stop inventing things to prove your point nobody has mentioned any Budgets for next season to my knowledge

Very cheap of you

I think we are already sold and I have NO idea who to which is almost as irritating as James inventions.

I also am led to believe that there were 3 overseas bidders and one local the local one was I understand Arthur trying to get in on the act

But dont worry I am also told they could not meet the terms set out on NDs will concerning a sale and fair play to ND here, he did not make it easy peasy NO Pompey situation or the likes of Risdales for NFFC.

Anyone who buys a club to just sit back and admire it is guaranteed to lose money. If you show ambition you at least have a chance of making something of it, but it's like any kind of gamble, you only do it if you can afford to fail. The problem with ND was the fear of failure.

The owners of Man City and Chelski can afford to fail. Those kind of owners are few and far between, but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough what kind we're going to get.

Youngish Jom - 1/4/2012 16:26

James stop inventing things to prove your point nobody has mentioned any Budgets for next season to my knowledge

DR Forest - 27/3/2012 22:27

So, hypothetically, lets imagine the club sorts out the playing staff and gets decent players in during the summer; it maintains the same 'big' budget (but spends it better); the new owner names the CG 'foreign sam's place' and pays in £10m which isnt caught by FFP

Poor, poor knowledge.

Very cheap of you

I think we are already sold and I have NO idea who to which is almost as irritating as James inventions.

I also am led to believe that there were 3 overseas bidders and one local the local one was I understand Arthur trying to get in on the act

But dont worry I am also told they could not meet the terms set out on NDs will concerning a sale and fair play to ND here, he did not make it easy peasy NO Pompey situation or the likes of Risdales for NFFC.

jon can you say were the 3 over seas bidders are from mate

blustone - 1/4/2012 16:36

James the FFP (for the 100th time I think) is been introduced gradually.

I know that. A new owner wanting to enjoy the kudos of owning a club, but at the same time not willing to hemorrhage his/her personal fortune, may cite getting ready for FFP as a reason not to spend big. That is all.

James, why do you post on here? The only reason I can see is to bully others, which is supported in your own comments regarding winding up 'middle aged men'. It's getting pretty boring now, pulling up people's spelling earlier this weekend whilst leaving yourself exposed with grammatically incorrect language such as 'a culmination of things.' Give it up, we are all supporters of this club and whilst debate is healthy I find your comments anything but.

Leave James alone, he might be looking for a new job soon.

Hypothetical. a bid comes in from overseas from a person who had watched the club play as a youngster. Having watched our fall from the upper echelons, he decides to invest in the club with the goal to return us to the Premier. Does that make us his play thing or his new project? How does that differ to when Doughty took over?

Hypothetical. If you had a choice between an overseas investor willing to put in cash, or a local consortium fronted by Arthur, which would you wish for?

Finally, if we're sold - one of the terms laid down by Doughty is an agreed minimum investment over the next few years. So whether or not you can quote or guess the amounts we at least know that the sale wil include investment, otherwise the sale won't go through.

James85 - 1/4/2012 16:37

DR Forest - 27/3/2012 22:27

So, hypothetically, lets imagine the club sorts out the playing staff and gets decent players in during the summer; it maintains the same 'big' budget (but spends it better); the new owner names the CG 'foreign sam's place' and pays in £10m which isnt caught by FFP

Poor, poor knowledge.

So you don't sit there and imagine what you would do if we were took over by someone with a bottomless pit

Nothing wrong with discussing hypothetical budgets its done 1000's of times every time Forest play at home be the budget zero or 100m it is the topic of many a conversation

How the fook a bunch of lads having a hypothetical discussion about who you'd buy keep get rid of who manages the club should you rebuild or move the ground etc etc is going to damage the club is beyond me

Perhaps you'd like to give us a full list of topics no one should talk about hypothetically which of cause is thinking

A little bit of nonsense now and then satisfies the wisest men