New name for the stadium ... or arena ... | Vital Football

New name for the stadium ... or arena ...

It's a bit strange some fans on Twitter are asking to not use the EPIC full name or acronym - it defeats the point of paying for the naming rights.

Personally I think EPIC Arena has a nice ring to it and i don't see any issue with it. It's no different to previous owners using JJB or DW and it sounds a lot better than the majority of other potential company names we could've had as it's not a long, akward or obvious the brand name.

Compare it to the majority of other stadium naming rights clubs currently have. University of Bolton, Coventry Building Society, Bet 365, Kirklees, MKM Stadium etc none of them really lend themselves to a stadium name, while EPIC isn't bad at all.

Assuming it ends up EPIC stadium/ Arena / Park or something along those lines it'll become second nature like DW became after a bit.

It's a bit strange some fans on Twitter are asking to not use the EPIC full name or acronym - it defeats the point of paying for the naming rights.

Personally I think EPIC Arena has a nice ring to it and i don't see any issue with it. It's no different to previous owners using JJB or DW and it sounds a lot better than the majority of other potential company names we could've had as it's not a long, akward or obvious the brand name.

Compare it to the majority of other stadium naming rights clubs currently have. University of Bolton, Coventry Building Society, Bet 365, Kirklees, MKM Stadium etc none of them really lend themselves to a stadium name, while EPIC isn't bad at all.

Assuming it ends up EPIC stadium/ Arena / Park or something along those lines it'll become second nature like DW became after a bit.

EPIC Arena as a name can also be more suitable for non sport venues aswell, has a ring to it compared to Epic stadium

Suspect that poll has been hijacked because 75% had voted other after about 4000 votes.

What a load of bull. Get a proper name the new Springfield or name it after a ex player

We probably made a decent loss last year on our wage bill and will likely make a bigger loss this year in the Championship as we bring in better players. So we've got to maximise every possible revenue stream and stadium naming rights is probably one of the bigger slices of extra cash we can bring in.

The Epic 90 Stadium

Celebrate the 90 years of Wigan Athletic and enjoy the 90 mins entertainment the team serves up

We probably made a decent loss last year on our wage bill and will likely make a bigger loss this year in the Championship as we bring in better players. So we've got to maximise every possible revenue stream and stadium naming rights is probably one of the bigger slices of extra cash we can bring in.

The Stadium naming right has been awarded to the Company that is a subsidiary of the owners.
So no real money has been earned.

Might as well call it "UTFT stadium"

The Stadium naming right has been awarded to the Company that is a subsidiary of the owners.
So no real money has been earned.

Might as well call it "UTFT stadium"
I'm hoping something like that might happen, maybe New Springfield Park or even keep it as the DW in tribute to Whelan. Epic is nothing more than a shell company for Latics that the owners are using to put money into the club via sponsorship for FFP. They don't need their name on the stadium, not to mention we'll get laughed at.

I'm glad they haven't caved in on whatever their asking price is though. Clearly no one has been found willing to pay the amount wanted and as such this is the result. We're in a post Covid world and unfortunately, there aren't likely to be any businesses out there willing to pay £1m a year or how ever much they want to have their name on a half empty stadium.

It was always going to be a corporate name belonging to the owners as it always has been. Apart from during the HK owned years.