New name for the stadium ... or arena ... | Page 2 | Vital Football

New name for the stadium ... or arena ...

Nothing that includes the word Europa.....the EPIC Arena hides that and does have a nice ring to it.

I will be sad to see the DW go but onwards and upwards.

Europa Point. Doesn't need to be stadium or park or anything. Plus it is a nod to our history in that it's what we got we got on that memorable night in Bruges in 2013.

The Stadium naming right has been awarded to the Company that is a subsidiary of the owners.
So no real money has been earned.

Might as well call it "UTFT stadium"

They may be owned by the same person at the top but they are separate companies operating independently of each other. The purpose of this is to raise the profile of EPIC in exchange for money being transferred into Wigan Athletic. It's a mutually beneficial transaction.

If we have no interest in using the sponors name then we couldn't bring in revenue from naming rights. The money in Al Jasmi's personal or business portfolio isn't automatically the clubs - this is the club earning money.

Could just call it EPIC DW Stadium, with the DW remaining as a tribute to Dave.

To be honest, I'm not too bothered what it's called having thought about it, but the thought of the place being called an Arena does bug me somewhat. It's a football stadium not an arena. If I wanted an arena, I'd go to the 02 or the MEN!

Europa Point. Doesn't need to be stadium or park or anything. Plus it is a nod to our history in that it's what we got we got on that memorable night in Bruges in 2013.
Sounds a bit like a business park that, I'd be happy with Epic Arena.

Epic Fields

EpicNess = The quality or state of being epic

EpiCentral = The point on the earth's surface directly above the focus of an earthquake
The WAFC way of doing things

EpiCure = A person with refined taste, especially in food and wine.
Would Bovril and a Pie count?

EpiCarp - for posters on here

OK let s go with Epic Park then

Epic Fields

EpicNess = The quality or state of being epic

EpiCentral = The point on the earth's surface directly above the focus of an earthquake
The WAFC way of doing things

EpiCure = A person with refined taste, especially in food and wine.
Would Bovril and a Pie count?

EpiCarp - for posters on here

OK let s go with Epic Park then
Epic Hunt in our quest for the Prem.