New Manager | Page 6 | Vital Football

New Manager

Perhaps the ex Barnley man who looked around last week and his consortium have someone else in mind.

If they end up with us i imagine they will bring in someone from abroad we've not heard of, like they did with the last couple of managers at Barnsley.

We heard that Jones was approached by potential bidders, maybe he didn't fancy it. But even if he wanted the job there was no guarentee the people sounding him out would end up with the club so maybe he thought better to take what is on offer than wait for something that may never come.

For all we know he might have been offered the Bournmouth role a while ago but tried to hang on to see if Wigan takeover went his way but got word it's not likely now so took the job before they looked for someone else.

To be honest i'm not that bothered about missing out on Jones. If he wasn't a former Latics player no one would even have mentioned his name as a good option based on his spell at Luton and a sense of nostalgia shouldn't be the basis for hiring anyone.

Caldwell went because of the pre seasom drama. Which saw several key players banished from the team. I wonder if we will ever find out what happened. Players clearly stopped playing for him after it.

Don't think that is quite right as the club backed him in getting shut of Morsy and Pearce plus he only went after something like 3 wins in 18 games and we were 2nd bottom. So i think they gave him a fair crack but the style was negative, signings hadn't worked (ironically a number of them improved drastically under different managers), team selections and tactics were daft (biggest threat Yanic at full back for example) and results were poor.

He’s signed AFC Bournmouth.

Newly-appointed Cherries coach Graeme Jones has a wealth of experience,
both as a player and a coach.

Seriously, I will post what i think.
if you don't like my posts just don't read it.

Latics are on the verge of folding, have you nothing else to worry about?

Last edited:

You didn't even give an opinion though....Would be different if you gave your opinion or if it was new news

Sorry Springy, but as Pau says, you didn't post what you think ....... you just posted it as news. .......................... news which had already been posted........ just on the previous page.

If you missed that, then fair enough, but that isn't what you initially posted, is it.

On the verge of folding ? ......... yet you're commenting on us missing out on a manager.?!

Lighten up Springy. All I meant is what's the point in any of us posting anything - news or otherwise - if we shouldn't expect other posters to read it. If we don't read what they've posted, and happily just post our own stuff, especially news - regardless of whether or not it's already been posted, then it doesn't really make for a good forum.

I apologise if you took offence at my post - none was meant.
(y)

Ha dado una opinión.
a veces es difícil mantenerse al día con toda la mierda publicada aquí.

La unica "opinion" que vi de el es que Jones tiene experiencia, que en realidad no es una opinion. Es un hecho que ya todos sabemos. Pero tienes razon, es dificil mantenerse al tanto con todo aqui

Just a thought, but if this Gauthier Ganaye led interest actually comes through and they saved us, I'd put my money on Daniel Stendel being our new manager. He was appointed by Ganaye at Barnsley and they worked very closely together. Currently out of work after being sacked by Hearts.

He was appointed by Ganaye at Barnsley and they worked very closely together. Currently out of work after being sacked by Hearts.

Sacked by Barnsley.
Sacked by Hearts.
Great.
:rolleyes:

Hope you're not his PR person C_Latic.
;)

Over 66 games at Barnsley W 31 D 18 L17 46.97 win ratio, seen worse to be honest Moonay...that said I would still hope Richardson and co would be given a fair shot at it.

Also....Stendel was appointed manager of Scottish club Hearts in December 2019, on a contract due to run until the summer of 2022. In March 2020, during the coronavirus pandemic, Scottish football was put on hold indefinitely. To help Hearts during this period, Stendel refused to take any wage payments.[12] Hearts were bottom of the 2019–20 Scottish Premiership at the time the league was suspended, and were subsequently relegated when the league was curtailed.[13] Stendel had a clause in his contract which meant that it was no longer in effect if Hearts were relegated from the Premiership

Sacked by Barnsley.
Sacked by Hearts.
Great.
:rolleyes:

Hope you're not his PR person C_Latic.
;)
Haha, to be fair I thought his Barnsley side were very good at the DW. Plus he's obviously done the business in L1. Was just a thought, I'm still angry at myself for getting my hopes up regarding tonight's news!