New Manager Thread - 2023 | Page 102 | Vital Football

New Manager Thread - 2023

Is Ange a good appointment as the next Spurs manager?

• No - we should have appointed a pub team manager

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now ,,,, there seems to be a lot of intrigue going on ….

If Danny does read these pages , I bet he is having a right good giggle.
We Google …. He giggles.

He certainly is the master of keeping news quiet .
Sometimes .

I’m looking forward to the “Couldn't get it over the line “ statements ,…. if he ever makes it .

He has had a lot of practice at this sort of thing ..

Brendan Rogers has been very quiet .
As has Potter .. which I find strange .

We seem to be stuck . Again .

I’ve never known so many managers turn down so many jobs whilst “out of work” .

Similarly , I’ve never known so many managers to be out of work .

kin weird ennit .

Anybody interested in working out how many managers Watford, Chavs and us have hired and fired / let go , over the last five years ..

Ryan Mason must have a job for life with us …just sitting there in the wings … and waiting … clever .

Just sit and watch the shit show all around him , sitting , watching , thinking and learning .

it’s a funny old game .

So nothing happens before Munn arrives before 1st July? Is so this would be the dumbest , most amateurish appointment ever made in football history! We’ve been forever a waiting on the wings lot, but I tell yoy what, it takes Guts and strong will power to be and remain a Spurs fan! Spurs till I die!

Sorry, missed this last night.

I just don't think he fits the profile of the type of manager we need now; we need a dynamic young smart operator who speaks English fluently and who understand that our rebuild / the project could easily take 4-5 years before we become PL competitive again.

I'm not confident he'd relocate here - and one of the key issues with Conte I heard continuously during his tenure is that he was constantly going back when there was squad/performance issues to work on - of course he 'trusted' his own coaches, but that wasn't him leading from the front.

No, this time we can't afford to get it wrong, we need a coach who doesn't think he'll be doing us a favour taking the role - I want someone who commits heart and soul and is prepared to do anything it takes to deliver it.

Get this wrong again and we could spend a decade in the wilderness.

Last edited:
Rodgers to Leeds is trending now it has been confirmed that Allardyce has left. Makes quite a lot of sense although Palace is a possibility for him. Potter probably wouldn't be welcome at Palace due to his Brighton connection so he might suit Leeds better.

The brand of football, the personality and the passion. Given a little bit of time Postecoglou will be a hit.. Spurs fans aren't happy. Brighton were torn between him and De zerbi. Now imagine they appointed poste and we were in for the relatively unknown De Zerbi. Uproar. It's Risky but I'm convinced with the right alterations to the squad he can set is on a good path. The big name proven winner approach hasn't worked
Except both Mourinho and Conte had worked in the Premiership before and both tend to be dogmatic. Had they been found out?

Both Enrique and Nagelsmann have shown the desire not to be wedded to systems so are far more of a mystery. You can argue that Spalleti did exactly the same at Napoli

Sorry, missed this last night.

I just don't think he fits the profile of the type of manager we need now; we need a dynamic young smart operator who speaks English fluently and who understand that our rebuild / the project could easily take 4-5 years before we become PL competitive again.

I'm not confident he'd relocate here - and one of the key issues with Conte I heard continuously during his tenure is that he was constantly going back when there was squad/performance issues to work on - of course he 'trusted' his own coaches, but that wasn't him leading from the front.

No, this time we can't afford to get it wrong, we need a coach who doesn't think he'll be doing us a favour taking the role - I want someone who commits heart and soul and is prepared to do anything it takes to deliver it.

Get this wrong again and we could spend a decade in the wilderness.
Conte didn't relocate but lets not forget he'd been in Italy, his daughter was of school age and he was initially appointed mid-season. No-one ideally wants to move kids when they are of exam age (she is 15 this year) Clearly it was also a marriage of convenience. There were also no vacancies elsewhere.

We sometimes forget these people have families.

Both Enrique's children have left home. He'd be appointed at the start of the summer. He was wanted by Napoli but turned them down because he wants to manage in the Premiership. I think his commitment at this stage is the last thing we should question

Status
Not open for further replies.