• Kent Nielsen

• Oscar Garcia

• Quique Sanchez Flores

• Slaven Bilic

• Rafa Benitez

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m all for Henry & Terry but it needs to happen quickly. I want them taking training tomorrow & getting as long as possible to actually coach this squad & not just send them on the training pitch to go & play.
half the squad is away on international duty, so there’s no rush.

So in essence.... 62% of fans want Fonseca, Rodgers or Smith.

Only 9% want Terry or Henry.

Can't see this being a popular appointment.

So in essence.... 62% of fans want Fonseca, Rodgers or Smith.

Only 9% want Terry or Henry.

Can't see this being a popular appointment.

Not really . 62 % need to get more realistic about who we can feasibly get. And in the case of Rodgers and even more so Fonseca , why would they ?.

Smith is perhaps another matter though I suppose.

What's unrealistic about going for a manager who looks bored in his current job in the scottish pub league?

Our owners are rich and ambitious right?

Offer the guy double what he's on now. He'd jump at it.

What's unrealistic about going for a manager who looks bored in his current job in the scottish pub league?

He won't see it as a Scottish pub league though will he . Just because we all think it is and say it is doesn't mean everyone does

All sounds very simple when it isn't . We don't know how much he is on money wise. We don't know know how much we can offer him. Can we offer him more ? . Rich and ambitious doesn't mean we can spend it though, not at the moment .Celtic are not poor. Are we really more attractive than Celtic?. We think we are because we bleed claret and blue and see things through claret and blue specs. Celtic fans will no doubt beg to differ on who is the biggest attraction I'm afraid. Rodgers will already be on good money and will be realistically winning trophies , qualify for the champions league , playing in Europa.

Or Rotherham away.

Anyway he has said no so that's him off the list

Don't profess to know about Fonseca but a lot will apply with him that I have just said about Rodgers in terms of trophies, money, champs league...
Or Burton away.

We are where we are I suppose.

At the end of the day were not looking for a manager to take over Barcalona or either of the Madrid clubs.....

We wont attract a manager of that stature just yet.....

The job advert should read, come to Villa Park gat away with one season, fuck up the second season and leave with £2,000,000.

Perhaps it’s not a big enough statement to the football world. They’ve obviously had a Henry in mind since they came.

John McGinn is a Celtic fan and chose us over them.

Says it all to me.

Celtic are a great, great club but unfortunately for them they are playing in a very average league. Being manager of Celtic is a good place to go for a rest or to restore your reputation. Good work if you can get it but it’s hardly a challenge. Except in Champion’s League in which they are seen as minnows.

If it does happen it'll either be brilliant or a disaster...fans have got to give them 100% and give them time and don't expect things to happen over night...dont expect to go up this year....anything else is Brucey bonus....sorry had to throw that in..
:eek!::lol::throw:

Rodgers knew nothing of Villa interest til that interview.

He then went into the stock 'massive club' ramble everyone does when asked about us, then his brain started working overtime, he would jump at this role.

The last question was harsh, and he had to say yes - he absolutely couldn't say 'nah im still interetsed though' after what he just said.

JT.... if he genuinely is coming here to manage/No. 2 - given the current state of the back 4, I cant believe he would hang up his boots, so not sure whats going on there.

Gimme Henry, maybe he can convince Arsene to be Dof.... to be honest, anyone but the pardew/allardyce/mclaren/oneill/moyes - they may do just as good a job, but after all these years, something extravagant and exciting would be much more fun, even if it means a couple of years down here in the carnival of the championship.

If I was interested in a job, I would tend to apply for it, just saying! Are we allowed to go around tapping up other club's managers these days?

Think Rogers and Fonseca would both be thinking bigger than the Championship tbh. Faria or Henry in all probability.

If the story in the Mail is fake news, I have to say it's quite a detailed, creative piece and really does go to prove that you can't believe anything you read in papers these days.

One way or another, looking forward to the appointment this week and the club taking a new path. Bruce was draining me of any enthusiasm I had. The aftermath of the Wolves game was such a massive disappointment, masked only by the financial meltdown over the summer.

Onwards and upwards VTID :utv:

If I was interested in a job, I would tend to apply for it, just saying! Are we allowed to go around tapping up other club's managers these days?

Think Rogers and Fonseca would both be thinking bigger than the Championship tbh. Faria or Henry in all probability.

If the story in the Mail is fake news, I have to say it's quite a detailed, creative piece and really does go to prove that you can't believe anything you read in papers these days.

One way or another, looking forward to the appointment this week and the club taking a new path. Bruce was draining me of any enthusiasm I had. The aftermath of the Wolves game was such a massive disappointment, masked only by the financial meltdown over the summer.

Onwards and upwards VTID :utv:

Everyone taps managers up, usually via their agent. Not often a club will formally approach a manager unless they know he is interested

From his comments, it would appear that we hadn't tapped Rogers up.

Everything we've heard is total speculation, clickbait and fake news as far as I'm concerned. Wait and see who the club decides on and give them our backing until they prove unworthy.

You can't keep all the fans happy, all of the time. For me, the time to take stances is when the appointment is made. Had enough might have, could have, should have personally.

Seems to be a lot of money coming in for Rodgers again, despite his comments supposedly ruling himself out.

Odds have come in from 16/1 to 8/1 today and he's one of the most popular bets on Oddschecker today (although granted, so is Henry)

Seems to be a lot of money coming in for Rodgers again, despite his comments supposedly ruling himself out.

Odds have come in from 16/1 to 8/1 today and he's one of the most popular bets on Oddschecker today (although granted, so is Henry)
The Only ones enjoying this 3 thing Circus are the Bookies, money rolling in for everybody who have ever kicked a ball or played for the Villa...We need to have faith in our Owners, who would Not of bailed us out without a Plan of who they saw at the Helm and will get their Man:bull::utv::bow::bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.