• Kent Nielsen

• Oscar Garcia

• Quique Sanchez Flores

• Slaven Bilic

• Rafa Benitez

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fortress Villa Park was 76/77 and anyone who witnessed it would laugh at the suggestion it's been one since.
I can't remember many if any seasons in the last decade I've gone to VP expecting to win well. We just go in hope rather than expectation and have done for years
And what a fortress it was, We used to go down there fully expecting to hammer teams and boy more often than not we did

I think your mind is playing tricks, we were pretty average at home under MON. I don't think we even won half our home games under him. We ground out a lot of boring away results, the football was never that great. No doubt someone will Google it

Fair point, I do remember a lot of frustrating afternoons at home under MON, but I think on the whole we were more convincing more regularly.

Most of the wins under Bruce masked the performance.

Unbalanced? How many Bruce signings were regularly played? What happened to: Lansbury, Bree, Taylor, Hogan (& not just because of injuries) Nyland (dropped), Moreira, Glen Whelan (this season), Barjanason (most of the time)... and U23s ignored. OK you can only pick 11 at a time BUT too many were signed and almost ignored and youth was not developed...other than maybe Keinan Davies, who only got in the team due to injusries to others. Sorry, but if this was good team development, I don't see it.

I think we’re arguing the same point, hence my point about squad being unbalanced. We bought players on name and the fact they usually scored against us, so that made the buyable.

We do have good attacking just a shocking defence.

If the new owners led by Purslow appoint one of the usual suspect names I’ll be highly disappointed, as it’ll become evident pretty quickly they aren’t in touch with the fans.

It’s their money, their investment - but having the fans (or paying customers) on side makes it a lot smoother.

Quite happy to take a riskier appointment, where can we go? Surely the only way if not up is sideways.

There’s not really been any news. Just the usual media names thrown around. No reported talks or ITK stuff.

Rui Faria has gone to 6/1 with will hill from 33's

Never had a managerial role from what I can see, but his coaching experience is insane.

Coaches into managers (or Head coaches) are hit and miss. Sounds like he’s had some form of communication with our leaders and the bookies have got wind of that

Maybe he's being brought in to be part of the coaching staff? If the man we're bringing in isn't hugely experienced then having an experienced assistant could be invaluable.

im gonna make a prediction.
Rui Faria will be at millwall tomorrow to scout the team and he will be assistant to paulo sousa announced monday.

Rui Faria left United as José’s assistant as he wants to be the boss. I wouldn’t think he would be another assistant, especially to someone like Sousa who would be a big step down.

Refreshing read, sounds like a top bloke off the pitch. That’s the sort of coach the likes of Grealish & Tammy (know he’s not ours) need to develop.

I think our club need a man like that, off the field the staff have been through a roller coaster too, how great would it be to have a manager that brings the whole club back together.

Of all the names banded about, with the exception of Rogers and Fonseca who probably wouldn’t come, think he’s my favourite reading that along with his pedigree.

Last bit is key then. Wants to be his own boss and couldn’t be assistant to anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.