New gaffer thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

New gaffer thread

Good game last night Bob a bargain at £5 O.A.P........
No outstanding candidate not a career enhancing move to a club at war with itself.

Good game last night Bob a bargain at £5 O.A.P........
No outstanding candidate not a career enhancing move to a club at war with itself.
Another reminder for you. The club is at war with it’s owner. Do you not recall, he stripped the club of millions of pounds to fund his own greed and in doing so cheated his business partner out of millions and then proceeded to sue fans who had the courage to expose his criminal actions.Oh! allow me to also remind you that up to very recently you constantly spoke up in support of his dubious dealings.

The much more important thing is for Oyston to let go and for new owners with club and community interests at heart to take the reins. Anything else is of secondary significance.

Latest odds:

Richie Wellens
5/6
Owen Coyle
2/1
Gary Taylor-Fletcher
6/1
Terry McPhillips
10/1
Simon Grayson
12/1
Ian Holloway
16/1
Dave Robertson
20/1
John Murphy
20/1
Darren Ferguson
22/1
Duncan Ferguson
22/1
Micky Mellon
22/1
Dave Jones
25/1
David Hopkin
25/1
Keith Southern
25/1
Paul Dickov
25/1

Blackpool keeper calls for a speedy managerial appointment
Blackpool keeper Mark Howard has called on the club to appoint a new boss as quickly as possible
Blackpool keeper Mark Howard has admitted the Seasiders currently lack an identity and says that will remain the case until a new manager is installed.
It is now two weeks since Gary Bowyer handed in his resignation and still the Seasiders remain without a manager. Bowyer’s former number two Terry McPhillips has taken temporary charge for the last three games and is expecting to remain in place for this week’s home double header against Coventry City and Accrington Stanley.
Howard, speaking after Pool’s frustrating 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury Town on Saturday, admits it’s been a difficult time for the players.
He said: “With Gary leaving, it hasn’t helped the squad because it’s unsettled the way we do things on a daily basis. “I know Terry is doing a great job but at the end of the day we haven’t got an identity yet because no one knows how long he is going to be here for and when the manager is going to be coming in. “So it’s difficult as a player in the squad to really make a mark on the game. “It’s just business as usual, you’ve just got to do your job. We’re here to play football. “We want to win games and keep clean sheets. We’ve done one of them at Shrewsbury, it’s just disappointing we’ve not come away with three points.”
The 31-year-old was one of 13 new faces to arrive at the club during the summer, and the former Bolton Wanderers stopper has admitted things haven’t gone exactly to plan. He added: “It’s not exactly what I expected but you just have to get on with it. “You have no other option but to make the best out of it. “We have a great team spirit and the lads get you through it every day.” The Seasiders produced a disappointing display in their stalemate at Shrewsbury, although they hung in there well to pick up their second clean sheet in three league games. But Pool were severely lacking in quality in attack. They struggled to create any clear-cut chances of note against a Shrewsbury side that had lost all of their opening three games in the lead-up. Howard added: “It was frustrating, both teams lacked serious quality – especially in the final third, I don’t think either team created a lot. “We just lacked quality on the ball at times, just taking too many touches or that final pass was going astray. “We stuck together as a team which was brilliant, that’s what you want to do at the start of the game to build your base on a clean sheet. We’ve done that but we just needed a bit more. “I’m delighted to keep a clean sheet, the second in three league games which is a brilliant start – especially as they came away from home.

Heard a rumour in the club shop Tuesday that they are waiting to see how Terry does against Coventry and Accy before a final decision

McPhillips in for the next 3 games:
Today's Ggggverrrrrzzzeeetttttte

Interim boss Terry McPhillips has agreed to remain in charge of Blackpool FC for the next three matches.
McPhillips held a meeting with club chair Natalie Christopher and senior players yesterday, when he agreed to stay at the helm in the short-term to maintain stability on the pitch.
Gary Bowyer’s former assistant stressed he has not been offered the job on a permanent basis but said he continues to enjoy his first managerial role, having taken four points from three League One games and overseen a League Cup win over Barnsley since Bowyer’s resignation 18 days ago.
That form has seen some senior players publicly back the 49-year-old for the job, while McPhillips says the three-game agreement should enable the players to focus on tomorrow’s home clash with Accrington Stanley, Tuesday’s League Cup second round tie at Doncaster and the following weekend’s visit to Walsall. Superfast Sky Broadband With No Usage Caps and Average Speeds of 36Mb Promoted by Sky He revealed yesterday afternoon: “We have just had a meeting with the club and some of the senior players. It was a really good meeting. “I think players want to know and the fans want to know. It can’t go on too long and in the end we will have to decide. Hopefully we’ll get the next three games out of the way, then we’ll see.” Asked if the players were happy with him taking charge, Phillips added: “That was part of the meeting. It was a good meeting. The players want to know what is happening. They want to know who it will be. “If we get Accy, Doncaster and Walsall out of the way, hopefully I think the club should make an appointment soon after that. “I suggested the three games. It was like a marker, so the lads can settle down for a week, play their football and not worry that something is going to happen on Monday. Hopefully that settles everyone down.” And now McPhillips’ sole focus is on Accrington. He added: “I’ve not been offered the job, so I have not had a decision to make. It is as simple as that. “I will just take the team until I’m told differently. It has been great leading the team and being the ultimate guy who picks it and does the subs. “I have enjoyed it and we will see what happens. All the focus is on Accrington and we go from there.”

It's so frustrating because he seems like he would be decent, but i've just got absolutely no enthusiasm for any of it cos of Oyston. Everything is just stained until he goes.