New gaffer thread | Vital Football

New gaffer thread

suffolknwot

Vital Football Hero
bookies have the usual list, one i spotted Gnashers, and now GTF throws his hat into the ring.
who would you fancy for the job, and who do you think it will be.

Read my mind with a new thread for this Suffolk.

Paul Heckingbottom for me. Probably worked a on the field miracle at t'Barnsley a couple of years back.
Whether he, or any other manager, can work under these conditions, and owners is another question....

Former Blackpool favourite Gary Taylor-Fletcher has thrown his hat into the ring for the vacant manager’s job at Bloomfield Road.
READ MORE: 'Groundhog day': BST slams Blackpool FC over Gary Bowyer resignation
image.jpg
Taylor-Fletcher made a huge part in Pool's promotion to the Premier League in 2010

The 37-year-old spent seven years at the club as a player, making over 200 appearances at a time when Blackpool enjoyed huge success on the field.

Now retired, he has most recently been in work as assistant manager to Kevin Nicholson at Welsh side Bangor.

The pair led the club to a second placed finish in the Welsh Premier League last season but left in May after the club was demoted after failing to obtain a tier one license.
Following Gary Bowyer’s shock resignation yesterday, Taylor-Fletcher said it would difficult to turn down to Pool job.
“It’s one of them,” he told BBC Radio Lancashire this morning.
“Blackpool Football Club is very close to my heart and I’ve had 18 months of managerial experience of playing in Europe.

“I think a lot of ex-players from our time would be interested in it.
“I think there will be a lot of people you wouldn’t realise will want the job. It’s a massive club.
“Blackpool Football Club were in the Premier League. Of course a lot has changed since then, but you never know what can happen in the future.
“The club was a massive part of my football career and it’s probably the one club I hold closest to my heart.

“If the job was there then it would be very hard to turn down.”
Taylor-Fletcher was also full of praise for Bowyer, who decided to step down from his role after two seasons with the club.
“It’s a big shock,” he added.
“He’s done a magnificent job so to lose him after just one game is a devastating blow for Blackpool.
“Each year he has had to build again. But I think one thing he knew at Blackpool was that he was always going to have these challenges.

“For two seasons solid he’s done unbelievable getting the team playing how they were with all the things going on behind the scenes.
“He’s managed to keep all that low profile as if it isn’t affecting him.”

You can guarantee they'll go with the cheapest option.
Is there a bigger bunch of ***** in the World?

Nothing can be achieved by dreaming. Who ever takes over will be optimistic, full of ideas and dreams. The reality before long, will reveal its self. Owen Oyston is senile, spiteful and impossible to work with, he will always offer false hope. There is no chance of the phoenix rising from the ashes. We need to be rid of the cancer which is the Oyston's before that can happen.

Ian Holloway has told The Gazette he has no interest in taking the vacant manager’s job at Blackpool.
The 55-year-old is now out of work following his departure from QPR at the end of last season. Holloway, who spent four years at Blackpool and guided the Seasiders to the Premier League in 2010, currently tops the bookies’ odds. But when asked about the chances of him returning to Blackpool, he provided an empathic response. When asked if he would consider the job, Holloway replied: “No. “I’m still being paid by QPR and I have a year to go. “I’m also doing some media work like I’ve done before and I will wait and see until October to see what happens. “That’s when the crazy sack season usually happens and I’ll have to wait and see.” Asked if he’s had any contact from Owen Oyston, he said: “Not in a million years would he call me.” Holloway’s comments follow yesterday’s surprise resignation of Gary Bowyer, who shares the same agent. “I only heard about the news this afternoon after speaking to my agent who is also the agent of Gary Bowyer,” he added. “I’m just disappointed for the Blackpool fans. I think Gary is a fantastic bloke and he’s done a fantastic job. “There must be reasons for it but that’s not for for me to talk about. All I know is that it’s a great loss for Blackpool. “He’ll have his reasons and at the end of the day you’ve got to feel like you’ve got a chance. Whether he feels as if he had that or not, who knows. “There’s been a lot of changes and a lot of upheaval and unrest and I think he’s dealt with it brilliantly. “That’s never shown on the pitch. I felt the lads played with style and a passion and all I can say is well done to him. “I think Gary has done the same as I did. We have no airs and graces, it’s all about the football. It’s about the club, the supporters and how the lads play without making any excuses. “At the end of the day, his job is to manage to try and please the fans and play a certain way and Gary’s team did that. “I loaned him Joe Lumley last season and he was absolutely fantastic for him. I couldn’t have been any more proud.” Sponsored Links .

Read more at: https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/...-for-vacant-blackpool-manager-s-job-1-9289119

Ex-Sunderland manager Simon Grayson has ruled himself out of the running for the vacant Blackpool managerial job - claiming he isn't ready for a return to management.
The Seasiders were rocked on Monday evening when Gary Bowyer handed in his resignation after just one game of the season, and one name immediately mentioned as a potential replacement was that of Grayson. But Grayson, who left Bradford at the end of last season after his brief spell on Wearside, has seemingly ruled himself out of contention, claiming that he does not feel ready to return to management just yet. LIVE: Transfer latest from the Stadium of Light as Sunderland are handed a midfielder boost Instead, the 48-year-old is happy to enjoy his time off and focus on his growing amount of media work. “I don’t think I’m ready to go back into management,” he said, during an interview with BBC Radio Lancashire. “I had the option of a two-year deal at Bradford which I turned down because I didn’t think it was right for me." “At this moment in time I’m enjoying my time off and I’m enjoying my media work. So I would think it would be very unlikely I would go back to Blackpool at this moment.” LIVE: Transfer latest from the Stadium of Light as Sunderland are handed a midfielder boost Such comments haven't affected the betting market, however, with Grayson still 5/2 favourite to take the vacant job at Bloomfield Road. Ian Holloway, Owen Coyle and former Hartlepool United boss Dave Jones also feature high up the betting.

Read more at: https://www.shieldsgazette.com/spor...-to-management-after-blackpool-link-1-9289014

Felix the Cat has said NO. speaking from Platform 1 at Huddersfield station Felix said, im happy just dozing and catching the odd mouse, that catweazle is a different kettle of fish.

We'll win a Noddy cup match and they'll stick with McPhillips (no disrespect) as he's the cheapest option.