Nearly Live! v West Ham | Page 21 | Vital Football

Nearly Live! v West Ham

Hope you had a decent few hours sleep Steve. Enjoy MOTD. I am waiting for our match to come on.

Yes as they said good show of character, and amazing what a bit of confidence can do!

Must admit I didn't think it was a penalty. If that was against us I'd be fuming.

Snodgrass's free kick was a worldie

Missed MOTD , sure I can find a repeat of it somewhere though. Would be just 3rd time I have watched it this year.

Ollyrules - 10/11/2013 00:03

Yes as they said good show of character, and amazing what a bit of confidence can do!

Must admit I didn't think it was a penalty. If that was against us I'd be fuming.

Snodgrass's free kick was a worldie

One of the handy things about TV nowadays is the pause rewind..looked at pen several times...it was a Pen..not soft...Ref got it right.

So a bad first half..forget it we done the job in the second half and with real guts..Of course nothing to do with CH..Crap, of course it was....Any other manager would be getting credit for putting a rocket up the players arses at half time and motivating them..but not CH eh!

When the players are out there not much a manager can do again untill half time.....CH must have said and done something right...the players motivation and confidence came through in second half...Hoopers penalty then definately turned the game around.

We Won..Great 3 points..lets be appy..more to come wait and see.

Just watched tv and the 2 minute silence.
A couple of morons yesterday shouted during
one minute silence before the game.
Total lack of respect from these idiots.

I missed our first few minutes(Waiting for son outside ground to get back from Tooting)
Were the shouts from our game DG?

DG that is an absolute disgrace and they should have been thrown out of the ground. Can't be disrespectful to Gareth Bale but you can towards those that fought for our country?

I know we are all differing in opinions here and don't get me wrong I am happy for the team and fans that we won. But..

To me there is a pattern occurring, I'll grant him this maybe he did put a rocket up their arses at half time and if it was down to CH then this very worrying fact remains in that he can only fire up his team when becomes an absolute crisis, which remains a huge concern to me. Why can he not get the best out of team for the remaining 95% (aprox') of games?

If it changes after this game and we do move on then I will be the first to hold my hands up and say I got it wrong. I still yet remain to be convinced.

Did you see the twitter remarks from players was good to read:

RvW saing how happy he is.
R.Bennett saying so pleased for Hooper
Hucks very happy
Etc..

Oh I think we all are Northern, but I certainly am happy to see the players stand up and show some fight and character like they did in the 2nd half.

Drayton Green - 10/11/2013 11:14

Just watched tv and the 2 minute silence.
A couple of morons yesterday shouted during
one minute silence before the game.
Total lack of respect from these idiots.

Utter tools

Agreed NY - I am very happy and please I hope Hugh proves me wrong but that 1st half and even at 2-1 he was going to just sit back but players went for it.

I had text from a Hugh fan yesterday who was a little aggressive saying ' so shut your mouth now I bet you're celebrating this!' I think some people have to just acceot we all have different views and opinions.

Hugh in my book is still not safe in his job and lets hope it is all up hill now and maybe we see more displays like in the 2nd half.

oh and those idiots who made noise in the silence should be banned from football and all other freedoms we have in this country.

FCBEARS - 10/11/2013 12:45

Hugh in my book is still not safe in his job and lets hope it is all up hill now and maybe we see more displays like in the 2nd half.

Spot on here Bears, I think it's how most of us feel :posh:

My mate who I play football with on Sunday mornings who works at the club (he's a nutrition guy, you'll see him carrying the bottles, where's glasses, names Graham Stark) says even he thought Hughton had lost his job at half time. But he said he and many others weren't allowed in the dressing room at half time, so I reckon some pretty frank stuff must have been said

fanforlife - 10/11/2013 11:27

I missed our first few minutes(Waiting for son outside ground to get back from Tooting)
Were the shouts from our game DG?

yes 2 idiots by sound of it. one from away and one from barclay.
both followed by ' shut up ' from someone nearby and then it
went quiet as it should be.